Jump to content
lpliveusername

Xero News

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Hahninator said:

No the rumor is that was a full show. I've forgotten the story it has been so long but Astat remembers it for sure.

I remember it was around 2004-2005. I first heard about it back in 2005 I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hahninator said:

No the rumor is that was a full show. I've forgotten the story it has been so long but Astat remembers it for sure.

Urban legends probably 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been away for a while but these are both fantastic pieces of news for the community:)

Edited by danacky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hahninator said:

No the rumor is that was a full show. I've forgotten the story it has been so long but Astat remembers it for sure.

Basically, a VHS was rumoured to pop up on Ebay in 2004 containing what was said to be a full show from Xero at the Lynus Brook Club in LA on August 10th, 1997. However, even if this listing did exist, the setlist contained songs that didn't exist at the time (such as In the End and With You), the band's first actual show was confirmed to take place on November that same year, and there's also the fact that searching for the Lynus Brook Club only yields results related to this supposed show, cementing it as a fake.

Edited by itworkedforkurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itworkedforkurt said:

Basically, a VHS was rumoured to pop up on Ebay in 2004 containing what was said to be a full show from Xero at the Lynus Brook Club in LA on August 10th, 1997. However, even if this listing did exist, the setlist contained songs that didn't exist at the time (such as In the End and With You), the band's first actual show was confirmed to take place on November that same year, and there's also the fact that searching for the Lynus Brook Club only yields results related to this supposed show, cementing it as a fake.


Yeah if it contained ITE and WY it was definitely 100% fake. And like you said there first show was confirmed to be in November of 1997. I do think that there is probably a recording of a Xero show somewhere out there. Maybe some tapers don’t even know what they have from those days, or maybe fans and yet to discover it. Nobody would have thought a clip of Xero playing live in February 1998 would surface probably and it has been on YouTube since 2014. The HT show recording seems interesting. I bet there are even more recordings of HT shows, for sure, under the same circumstances. 
 

As far as the Linus Brook Club thing, some venues do change names over the years. For example, I saw Fort Minor in Boston in February 2006 at ‘’The Avalon Ballroom’’. I even have a newspaper article from the Boston Globe referring to it as such. But now it’s called a House Or Blues and you can’t really find any info on it’s former name, etc. The club also looked different in a big way inside. So it’s possible they could have played at a venue named that but definitely not that early in 1997 and the setlist rumor also gives it away. 

Edited by Garret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scourge said:

it's crazy to think some holy grails of vintage LP stuff is probably lost in a bin in someone's attic right now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scourge said:

it's crazy to think some holy grails of vintage LP stuff is probably lost in a bin in someone's attic right now

 

It was a bit hard already to get some decent fan stuff in the early 00s, imagine in the late 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xerocholdfan said:

Sooo how long gonna that take for uploading the song IM HYPED AS F*CK


It will never be released to normal fans trust me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Garret said:


It will never be released to normal fans trust me. 

I wish it could be released to anyone but you for your constant shitting on the effort the LPL staff is doing for releasing stuff, especially considering the Hybrid Party of A Thousand Things was actually past Chester's death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

I wish it could be released to anyone but you for your constant shitting on the effort the LPL staff is doing for releasing stuff, especially considering the Hybrid Party of A Thousand Things was actually past Chester's death.


Well you’re a prick huh? I already stated originally that I didn’t care that much since it was pre-Chester but I knew it has been a holy grail for many fans over the years. And what have I shit on the LPL staff for releasing? I can’t remember one thing that they posted as an exclusive that I shit on. But hey maybe I’m wrong. HPOATT wasn’t my favorite thing ever but I didn’t get pissed at the staff for releasing it? I remember that I said during that whole time of discovering it that they sounded like video game music but let’s be honest, a lot of the LT and ATS demos and stuff did. Don’t see how that’s shitting on the staff though, that would be more shitting on the band. And even then I enjoy a shit ton of video game music from Sega Genesis from the 90’s so it’s really not even shitting on it. 

Edited by Garret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I'm pushing for the release or saying there isn't good reason, I completely understand the circumstances and that the band/Warner Bros. has the legal authority, but Chester isn't even involved with this track, why is that being thrown around like fact so much for a Xero track? Didn't the Rapology stuff happen after his passing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some problems with CB demos and Mikes MPC demos released here little while ago? WB nazi contacted you to take those files down and not leak anything in the future? They must be really convincing. Just curious, not a fan of Rhinestone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

Not that I'm pushing for the release or saying there isn't good reason, I completely understand the circumstances and that the band/Warner Bros. has the legal authority, but Chester isn't even involved with this track, why is that being thrown around like fact so much for a Xero track? Didn't the Rapology stuff happen after his passing?

It was before. We actually got Mike's blessing at the time.

 

2 minutes ago, mrfox said:

There were some problems with CB demos and Mikes MPC demos released here little while ago? WB nazi contacted you to take those files down and not leak anything in the future? They must be really convincing. Just curious, not a fan of Rhinestone.

Wel... it's their property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Wel... it's their property

 

poor Mike he created something and when he finish it, it belongs to WB. LP should leave Warners right after Meteora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GingerLP said:

I know a little birdy who has a copy coming in the mail. We will hear it eventually, don't stress.

I hope that birdy deliver it fast :(

Edited by Xerocholdfan
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jFar920 said:

Not that I'm pushing for the release or saying there isn't good reason, I completely understand the circumstances and that the band/Warner Bros. has the legal authority, but Chester isn't even involved with this track, why is that being thrown around like fact so much for a Xero track? Didn't the Rapology stuff happen after his passing?

Νope it was before, even Closing that was released a couple months after the other 2, still before. 

Plus the first two tracks were posted by me and Almamu, it wasnt an LPL release so the band wasnt even contacted or anything.

But when they were posted Mike was ok with it, made some tweets about em.

 

10 hours ago, mrfox said:

There were some problems with CB demos and Mikes MPC demos released here little while ago? WB nazi contacted you to take those files down and not leak anything in the future? They must be really convincing. Just curious, not a fan of Rhinestone.

Obviously there were problems, that's why both are no longer available.

 

10 hours ago, GingerLP said:

I know a little birdy who has a copy coming in the mail. We will hear it eventually, don't stress.

Wait so there are 2 existing copies? Ik for a fact that one guy has already gotten a copy, so if you know someone waiting for one then there must be 2 copies, right?

Edited by SerioDrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SerioDrew said:

Wait so there are 2 existing copies? Ik for a fact that one guy has already gotten a copy, so if you know someone waiting for one then there must be 2 copies, right?

Probably hundreds. It's a music sampler, so it's supposed to be out there.

 

10 hours ago, mrfox said:

poor Mike he created something and when he finish it, it belongs to WB. LP should leave Warners right after Meteora.

 

From the main post:

On 12/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, lpliveusername said:

with all due respect to Linkin Park and their wishes at this time to not leak any studio material

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jFar920 said:

Not that I'm pushing for the release or saying there isn't good reason, I completely understand the circumstances and that the band/Warner Bros. has the legal authority, but Chester isn't even involved with this track, why is that being thrown around like fact so much for a Xero track? Didn't the Rapology stuff happen after his passing?


It's Linkin Park's, regardless of if Chester is on it or not. Aka Mike. Rapology happened afterward but with Mike's blessing. Maybe people didn't know that. So what is the big issue with us doing the same process and getting the same clearance as we did with Rapology, from Mike?
 

11 hours ago, mrfox said:

There were some problems with CB demos and Mikes MPC demos released here little while ago? WB nazi contacted you to take those files down and not leak anything in the future? They must be really convincing. Just curious, not a fan of Rhinestone.

 

Yes there were some issues with us posting that stuff after 7/20 but nothing to do with Warner Bros. 

 

11 hours ago, GingerLP said:

I know a little birdy who has a copy coming in the mail. We will hear it eventually, don't stress.

 

Working on being able to release this, we need to run it by Mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Garret said:

Imagine if we got it as Christmas Present. Now that would be epic.

That would be really nice present. The best present I could ever get. I hope that one day we will hear all Xero Demos in studio quality with both singers. Versions with Mark and versions with Chester. I also believe there are Esaul and Slip studio versions with Mark and maybe more demos. I like every demo from 1996 to 2000. They have great atmosphere, amazing guitars, sounds, epic drums, I really like them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...