Jump to content
Hahninator

Talinda Releases Grey Daze Statement

Recommended Posts

On 12/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, Hahninator said:

Pretty possible. No matter what the reason was, he really kicked ass in some of these projects. Kings of Chaos is something I really wish I saw, every time I see a video of him performing with them I am like ....damn this is legendary stuff. Chester gets a LOT of respect from other bands and artists for being able to nail those classic rock songs, the huge tracks.

 Speaking of legendary remember when Mike & Chester performed with Camp Freddy and they did Walk This Way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 11:09 PM, Hahninator said:

Pretty possible. No matter what the reason was, he really kicked ass in some of these projects. Kings of Chaos is something I really wish I saw, every time I see a video of him performing with them I am like ....damn this is legendary stuff. Chester gets a LOT of respect from other bands and artists for being able to nail those classic rock songs, the huge tracks.

Kings of Chaos with Chester AND Corey Taylor was iconic. THAT'S what we need SBD audio of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chester's ex wife gets 50% of the publishing of Chester's material, 50% proceeds from Chester's portion of the tour merch, and 50% rights to his recorded material.

 

This has played out very badly with Nirvana and Soundgarden.

I think it must be set up where she cannot veto no and hold up an entire release or project. I really think if all 6 of LP + label + Talinda all say "Yes" to something, this one "No" doesn't hold something up. I think it just solely means she gets proceeds from it. I imagine lawyers for the label and band have set this up VERY smartly well over a decade ago should something happen to a member of LP.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Chester's ex wife gets 50% of the publishing of Chester's material, 50% proceeds from Chester's portion of the tour merch, and 50% rights to his recorded material.

 

Are these confirmed numbers or speculations? If she basically has 50% of the votes, I would assume that she can block everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graveguard said:

Are these confirmed numbers or speculations? If she basically has 50% of the votes, I would assume that she can block everything.

 

She would only have 50% up until the divorce, so that is like 2005/2006. Chester said in Inked Magazine in 2008 that half of the publishing up until Minutes To Midnight is hers. So I would assume she can only block stuff (maybe projects with songs from those earlier years).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graveguard said:

Are these confirmed numbers or speculations? If she basically has 50% of the votes, I would assume that she can block everything.

 

According to the article those are real numbers. 50% of the rights of CB's stuff. It isn't just pre-MTM, it is everything. It's LP merch going forward, it's LP music going forward that Chester has writing credits on, it's back catalogue releases. Say for example they put some vocals of his in a "Requiem" style song on the new album, yes that counts. LP is like 1/6 or could be 1/7 with the label, I have zero clue how LP's money is split up. Remember there is a child on the ex wife's side so that plays a very big part in this.

I don't know how legit it is that she can block something. Mike released ITE/Numb from the PT tour. It's also not in her interests to block any music as that brings in a lot of money on that 50% share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vinescence said:

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would an ex-wife get anything 14 years later after they've been divorced?

 

Because she sued and said there were no child support payments from 2012-2017, there is a child at play here, and she wants a stake in the CB share of LP for that reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait? You are taking about Sam? From the beginning i thought Talinda. What is this mess. I would have thought Talinda has 50% of rights not her. I dont like it ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Edited by sordomuda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

 

Because she sued and said there were no child support payments from 2012-2017, there is a child at play here, and she wants a stake in the CB share of LP for that reason.


As much as I hate Sam, I can’t fault her for that, if there really wasn’t child support payments for that period of time. Just sucks she is such an a-hole about it all. Oh well. I hope this doesn’t discourage LP or others from releasing anything with Chester from here on out.... he was too much of a legend to never hear anything again from the massive vaults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Garret said:


As much as I hate Sam, I can’t fault her for that, if there really wasn’t child support payments for that period of time. Just sucks she is such an a-hole about it all. Oh well. I hope this doesn’t discourage LP or others from releasing anything with Chester from here on out.... he was too much of a legend to never hear anything again from the massive vaults.

Chester didnt pay any obligatory money for his son with Sam? That sucks as well tbh. I dont know how do you call it in USA but in my country when parents get divorced one patent (most of the time a father since the child is staying with mother) needs to pay money every month until they are 18 or finish the university. And if they dony you get money from the government then but not that much. And a parent who doesnt pay any money can be jailed. 

Edited by sordomuda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sordomuda said:

Chester didnt pay any obligatory money for his son with Sam? That sucks as well tbh. I dont know how do you call it in USA but in my country when parents get divorced one patent (most of the time a father since the child is staying with mother) needs to pay money every month until they are 18 or finish the university. And if they dony you get money from the government then but not that much. And a parent who doesnt pay any money can be jailed. 


Yeah that’s how it works in the U.S. too. Seems weird to me that he didn’t pay from 2012-2017, at first when Sam said that on Facebook back in 2017 I just assumed it was a lie because she says crazy stuff all the time. But if it really is true, that’s a shock to me. Maybe they had some kind of agreement if so because she definitely would have tried to get him put in jail if not. Haha. Seems pretty weird to me since he had a networth of like 25 million that he didn’t pay her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garret said:


Yeah that’s how it works in the U.S. too. Seems weird to me that he didn’t pay from 2012-2017, at first when Sam said that on Facebook back in 2017 I just assumed it was a lie because she says crazy stuff all the time. But if it really is true, that’s a shock to me. Maybe they had some kind of agreement if so because she definitely would have tried to get him put in jail if not. Haha. Seems pretty weird to me since he had a networth of like 25 million that he didn’t pay her. 

Exactly. Like samo random daddies can afford paying it then why not a millionaire like him lol. Of course it depends from your income how much are you willing to pay but still. He must have really hated her but after all the money was supposed to be for his son not her (theoretically).

He was paying or not it's pretty wild still she is having 50% of rights like WTF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Exactly. Like samo random daddies can afford paying it then why not a millionaire like him lol. Of course it depends from your income how much are you willing to pay but still. He must have really hated her but after all the money was supposed to be for his son not her (theoretically).

He was paying or not it's pretty wild still she is having 50% of rights like WTF. 


He did hate her. Haha. He bad mouthed her constantly from like 2005-2008. There are a lot of performances of In Pieces where he talked about her. Most memorable of those to me is Detroit 2008. Wow. I guess in 2009 they supposedly made peace according to Chester and Sam. But probably it didn’t last. Sam said on Facebook that they had a fight about him joining STP. So that’d be 2013. And apparently Chester hung out with her privately in 2016/2017 because he was photographed with her and Draven and also she claims he apparently sat down with her a few months before he died and ‘’told her everything about how Talinda wanted to divorce him, etc.’’

Edited by Garret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Garret said:


He did hate her. Haha. He bad mouthed her constantly from like 2005-2008. There are a lot of performances of In Pieces where he talked about her. Most memorable of those to me is Detroit 2008. Wow. I guess in 2009 they supposedly made peace according to Chester and Sam. But probably it didn’t last. Sam said on Facebook that they had a fight about him joining STP. So that’d be 2013. And apparently Chester hung out with her privately in 2016/2017 because he was photographed with her and Draven and also she claims he apparently sat down with her a few months before he died and ‘’told her everything about how Talinda wanted to divorce him, etc.’’

Why she had something against him joining STP? Doesnt make sense to me. I cant really believe she would tell his ex wife Talinda wanted to divorce him. I am not saying she didnt but to me it would make sense Samantha would be the last person to know about it lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Why she had something against him joining STP? Doesnt make sense to me. I cant really believe she would tell his ex wife Talinda wanted to divorce him. I am not saying she didnt but to me it would make sense Samantha would be the last person to know about it lol. 


Yeah she said she knew how much he loved Scott growing up and they were big shoes to fill, but he said he could do it. Or something like that. She talks about it in this interview.

 

But yeah it is crazy. I mean she could just be saying that stuff because she says crazy stuff. But who knows. Shouldn’t have been aired out publicly if so but it’s out there so I don’t feel bad calling her out. Idk. I mean fans don’t know his personal life the way these people do. So it’s possible he could have really talked to her a few months before he died, like it’s not impossible. Maybe he wanted her to have 50% of the rights who knows. But I’m sure he didn’t talk to her about dying because it was a shock to everyone. She says that when Chris died she was worried about Chester. But in hindsight I guess anyone can say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It annoys me that she continues to use his last name. Like seriously lady? I understand the son stuff, but she's just gold digging her way through life and taking advantage of the fact that Chester isn't here to speak up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...