The band after LT

Garret

1 hour ago, sordomuda said:

I really like the way that you have explained it, it was a good read for me. 

Well its the same with every fanbase, there are always some morons that expect the artist to deliver exactly the same album as they think was „the best” only in their opinion and the rest sucks. I listen to a lot of different artists in different genres and i sweat its all the same story everywhere. 

Maybe LP should go independent now but that of course means more money for promo and everything. 

Thanks 😃

My relationship with LP fans is hard because, 9 out 10 people  that are "LP Fans" dont really understand what LP is, take Hybrid Theory EP for example, is "My december" nu-metal? "So Far Away" dates from 1998, is that "nu-metal"? "Step Up" is an incredible song... and is pure hip hop.. delivered by a band that can have a scream heavy song like A Place For My Head, but at the same time, an incredible song like Easier To Run, or a "out of a normal structure 3 different parts hip hop, pop, rap and underground vibe" song called Until It Breaks..

By the way, how you classify "The Little Things Give You Away"? is that "pop"? See? thats why LP is so special to me, those guys are creative AF when making an album... And when someone take this 10 songs album, with 10 songs beeing completely different, made with a lot of care and a huge level of production and say "no scream, no guitar, its trash..." makes me insane.

And is not just "creativity", is the production level too... and BTW, when i say "production level" i mean the "care" that they have with their songs, and that "care" translates do creativity instrumentally speaking, i was taking a look at When They Come For Me multitracks and the thing has almos 40 tracks with different instruments, not couting vocal tracks... 40 audio tracks mean 40 different instruments in the same song... think about the "common" ones.. Guitar, Drums, Bass, sometimes a little piano... alright, what else? A lot of bands are based only on those "common" ones.. now i will repeat: 40 audio tracks, 1 song. (the multitrack archive itself has 122 tracks, but some are Left / right tracks, and some tracks used on mastering, but pure instruments, 40, not counting vocals)

That's the "production" that i'm talking about, some of those instruments are almost inaudible when you hear the full song, but they care enough to put it there.. Up to this date (and i'm not kidding, i listen to LP since i was 9, now i'm 27) i still listen to some LP songs and sometimes i hear one instrument that i've never heard before on the song, and my reaction is like: "WTF, theres a war siren in this track?? Whaaat???" (WTCFM has a siren, pretty cool)

And since i love the way they "produce" their songs, imagine how hard is to me when someone say "OMG chester doesnt even scream anymore, what is that pop trash? ew LP is over"

Sorry For Now by itself has more production and layers / creativity that most other bands entire album... First time i listened to Sorry For Now i was like "Holy crap, thats some Trap and Chill step sutff with some sprinkles of pop but then comes a super cool guitar, man what is this??" it was incredible.. One More Light hits you in the feelings, chester's voice is amazing, Invisible is "No Roads Left" level, ok, not that high but how many times Mike sings like this? hitting those notes? Sharp edges cool uplifting acoustic guitar (instead of that "the messenger" sad/hope vibe). Heavy... first Chester plus a female voice ever, i get that some people dont like Kiiara voice (i do), but what if that girl was Amy Lee instead? Same song, but Amy Lee singing.. or Hayley Williams from Paramore? A lot of people dream about a Linkin Park and Evanescence colab, or Linkin Park and Paramore collab.. Would Heavy be hated like it was? just because is "pop"? It is a creative album, but unfortunatelly is exactly what i've said.. people throw under the "no guitars no scream just pop shit i hate it LP is dead" bus.

Yeah but my whole thread was about after LT. MTM and ATS aren’t heavy or nu-metal really at all, especially ATS. So I’m not one of those fans who only like HT and Meteora. I just think a lot of THP and OML was garbage but that’s my opinion. There are some good tracks on each of those albums. I just don’t think any of those albums live up to the first 5. Once again my opinion. Like I said before, I can listen to the first 5 albums without ever skipping a track because I think they’re all masterpieces. Some of THP and OML, I skip. I actually hate THP a lot more than OML. It’s by far my least favorite LP album and a lot of those fans you talk about only loving the super early days enjoyed THP. 

Really the entire point of my thread was basically saying that LP was at their peak with LT and could have easily made THP or OML during the ATS sessions if they wanted to. I’m saying that ATS was their ultimate form and that they really haven’t evolved in terms of a band after ATS because ATS was literally them open to anything. You had demos for ATS that sounded like LT (hell, half of LT is ATS songs), THP (Listen to the early ATS demos from LPU14), and pop and electronic sounding songs like OML too, with the subtle guitar that’s buried in the mix like on OML and everything. 

Edited by Garret

7 hours ago, bruh009 said:

Thanks 😃

My relationship with LP fans is hard because, 9 out 10 people  that are "LP Fans" dont really understand what LP is, take Hybrid Theory EP for example, is "My december" nu-metal? "So Far Away" dates from 1998, is that "nu-metal"? "Step Up" is an incredible song... and is pure hip hop.. delivered by a band that can have a scream heavy song like A Place For My Head, but at the same time, an incredible song like Easier To Run, or a "out of a normal structure 3 different parts hip hop, pop, rap and underground vibe" song called Until It Breaks..

By the way, how you classify "The Little Things Give You Away"? is that "pop"? See? thats why LP is so special to me, those guys are creative AF when making an album... And when someone take this 10 songs album, with 10 songs beeing completely different, made with a lot of care and a huge level of production and say "no scream, no guitar, its trash..." makes me insane.

And is not just "creativity", is the production level too... and BTW, when i say "production level" i mean the "care" that they have with their songs, and that "care" translates do creativity instrumentally speaking, i was taking a look at When They Come For Me multitracks and the thing has almos 40 tracks with different instruments, not couting vocal tracks... 40 audio tracks mean 40 different instruments in the same song... think about the "common" ones.. Guitar, Drums, Bass, sometimes a little piano... alright, what else? A lot of bands are based only on those "common" ones.. now i will repeat: 40 audio tracks, 1 song. (the multitrack archive itself has 122 tracks, but some are Left / right tracks, and some tracks used on mastering, but pure instruments, 40, not counting vocals)

That's the "production" that i'm talking about, some of those instruments are almost inaudible when you hear the full song, but they care enough to put it there.. Up to this date (and i'm not kidding, i listen to LP since i was 9, now i'm 27) i still listen to some LP songs and sometimes i hear one instrument that i've never heard before on the song, and my reaction is like: "WTF, theres a war siren in this track?? Whaaat???" (WTCFM has a siren, pretty cool)

And since i love the way they "produce" their songs, imagine how hard is to me when someone say "OMG chester doesnt even scream anymore, what is that pop trash? ew LP is over"

Sorry For Now by itself has more production and layers / creativity that most other bands entire album... First time i listened to Sorry For Now i was like "Holy crap, thats some Trap and Chill step sutff with some sprinkles of pop but then comes a super cool guitar, man what is this??" it was incredible.. One More Light hits you in the feelings, chester's voice is amazing, Invisible is "No Roads Left" level, ok, not that high but how many times Mike sings like this? hitting those notes? Sharp edges cool uplifting acoustic guitar (instead of that "the messenger" sad/hope vibe). Heavy... first Chester plus a female voice ever, i get that some people dont like Kiiara voice (i do), but what if that girl was Amy Lee instead? Same song, but Amy Lee singing.. or Hayley Williams from Paramore? A lot of people dream about a Linkin Park and Evanescence colab, or Linkin Park and Paramore collab.. Would Heavy be hated like it was? just because is "pop"? It is a creative album, but unfortunatelly is exactly what i've said.. people throw under the "no guitars no scream just pop shit i hate it LP is dead" bus.

I know that’s why I love this band so much because you can’t call their music with just one generic name. Even the band themselves said in one interview that they are not playing just one genre and in the music shop on the shelves they should not be categorised as rock or whatsoever but just linkin park lol. 

@Garret yeah we are kinda off topic now but I dont find it necessarily bad since the forum is dead now so its always good to talk. 

7 hours ago, sordomuda said:

I know that’s why I love this band so much because you can’t call their music with just one generic name. Even the band themselves said in one interview that they are not playing just one genre and in the music shop on the shelves they should not be categorised as rock or whatsoever but just linkin park lol. 

@Garret yeah we are kinda off topic now but I dont find it necessarily bad since the forum is dead now so its always good to talk. 

Oh I know I love discussion of any kind about the band nowadays. I was just saying so people didn’t get confused by my op. 

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like the guy I was arguing with on Reddit about Meteora and Warner.

The misconceptions you have of the label with MTM seem so weird to me and are based on nothing factual, at least that I can tell. LP completely changed their sound with MTM and went #1 globally with the album and one of their biggest songs ever, What I've Done. By all means it was a smash hit. Sure, the label likely told them they need a big single to push the album but they certainly didn't tell them to change the style or sound of the album ... just listen to the final result. MTM for what it's worth is a fantastic album.

"i just think they hated Warner since the beggining, and sometimes, in some albums, you can see that clearly" I also disagree with this strongly. Warner has given them *100%* artistic freedom since at least ATS from what I can tell as a fan. And I only say that because of my MTM comment above. LP is who picked Catalyst and Guilty All the Same as lead singles when it was very obvious those songs weren't going to do anything on radio when you had tracks like Waiting for The End and Final Masquerade. They seem like quite a supportive label to me, they work with the fans a lot and go to bat for LP when it matters. 

Also, whoever said "the more underground they go on the next record, the better" - that is not true in my opinion. I think LP needs a very, very quality product with some mainstream appeal to it to keep things rolling for them as a band. They can't have a complete commercial flop on this next album or it is going to affect a wide range of things with them - concert attendance, sponsorships, corporate deals, etc. We all need to be cheering for them to deliver an A+ product with a few big singles.

3 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Also, whoever said "the more underground they go on the next record, the better" - that is not true in my opinion. I think LP needs a very, very quality product with some mainstream appeal to it to keep things rolling for them as a band. They can't have a complete commercial flop on this next album or it is going to affect a wide range of things with them - concert attendance, sponsorships, corporate deals, etc. We all need to be cheering for them to deliver an A+ product with a few big singles.

I have to agree thats why i have said above something that delivering underground music means playing in small venues etc. Which i am ok with i will support no matter what if it flops or not as long as it goods. They dont need to play big concerts but of course it will give them more profit. And it will mean we will get promo, videos, better production on tour etc. It is all excellent and i am crossing my fingers for a next big success. But if they flop with the record i dont care as long as they will tour somehow.  

Anyone that thinks MTM was a flop commercially is a moron, plain and simple. It was #1 in MANY countries and the touring for it was huge. We got 3 huge US tours, 3 huge Europe tours, an Asian tour (also was gonna have a China one for the final tour but was cancelled), Australia, etc. And so many one off shows and stuff everywhere. Was a huge success for the band. Transformers 1 with WID was huge. SOTD is still played all the time on the radio. Warner let LP do what they wanted for their whole career, especially with MTM. MTM had over 150 songs made in every single genre imaginable. Complete freedom. It’s their best album they ever made and nothing ever compared to it again, same as tours

5 hours ago, sordomuda said:

Is anyone thinking MTM was a flop? What Ive Done was freaking everywhere. Ive Heard it all the time wherever I went. And I also remember the posters promoting the new album everywhere. It was a huge comeback. 

Some fans seem to lump MTM with ‘’new LP’’ but it’s really not. They have 7 main albums. MTM is the 3rd out of 7. I would say that ATS is what divides the new and old LP. Even during an interview with Brad in China 2015, he said ‘’Whether people are coming to hear songs off of Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, or the newer stuff, we welcome everyone’’. So even the band regards it as kind of older. MTM even though it wasn’t nu-metal, it still had several heavy rock songs that weren’t too foreign from old LP and even the slower and experimental stuff on the album was still rock, just alt. rock. So during live shows it still mixed really well with Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs. People also love to shit on MTM because it was the first time that the band strayed from nu-metal, but it wasn’t nearly as much of a change as ATS was and onwards. I mean cmon.

1 hour ago, Garret said:

Some fans seem to lump MTM with ‘’new LP’’ but it’s really not. They have 7 main albums. MTM is the 3rd out of 7. I would say that ATS is what divides the new and old LP. Even during an interview with Brad in China 2015, he said ‘’Whether people are coming to hear songs off of Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, or the newer stuff, we welcome everyone’’. So even the band regards it as kind of older. MTM even though it wasn’t nu-metal, it still had several heavy rock songs that weren’t too foreign from old LP and even the slower and experimental stuff on the album was still rock, just alt. rock. So during live shows it still mixed really well with Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs. People also love to shit on MTM because it was the first time that the band strayed from nu-metal, but it wasn’t nearly as much of a change as ATS was and onwards. I mean cmon.

Yes i remember shitting on MTM and that the band has changed and there are less screams LMAO then what is given up and no more sorrow. 

Edited by sordomuda

23 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Yes i remember shitting on MTM and that the band has changed and there are less screams LMAO then what is given up and no more sorrow. 

Yeah I mean at the time in 2007, it was the first LP did something a little different. So a lot of the nu-metal people hated it. But I don’t think they could have predicted what came next with ATS. Hahahaha. And after that LT and OML. MTM is an excellent record. It’s no secret here that it’s my favorite album. It has some heavy songs like GU, NMS and BIO. Has the best vocals Chester ever delivered IMO throughout the record, especially the more slower stuff. He is amazing on LOATR, SOTD, WID, VD, IP and TLTGYA. And his screaming and stuff on GU, NMS, BIO is next level. Mike’s raps on HHH and BIO are some of my favorite ever from him. Brad’s guitar work on MTM is insanely good. He never played like he did on MTM ever again. Rob fucking kills it on so many songs. Especially In Pieces. I love his drumming on that song so much. I told him that personally in Camden 2012’s Summit. He talked to me about In Pieces and how much he loved MTM for a while actually, I was surprised. Dave is actually audible on bass for some songs on MTM. The whole album is amazing. Nothing will ever top it. It defined me as a person until the day I die, too. It was the soundtrack of my later High School years and after. It has helped me so much in life. The tour was also AMAZING. 

5 hours ago, Garret said:

Yeah I mean at the time in 2007, it was the first LP did something a little different. So a lot of the nu-metal people hated it. But I don’t think they could have predicted what came next with ATS. Hahahaha. And after that LT and OML. MTM is an excellent record. It’s no secret here that it’s my favorite album. It has some heavy songs like GU, NMS and BIO. Has the best vocals Chester ever delivered IMO throughout the record, especially the more slower stuff. He is amazing on LOATR, SOTD, WID, VD, IP and TLTGYA. And his screaming and stuff on GU, NMS, BIO is next level. Mike’s raps on HHH and BIO are some of my favorite ever from him. Brad’s guitar work on MTM is insanely good. He never played like he did on MTM ever again. Rob fucking kills it on so many songs. Especially In Pieces. I love his drumming on that song so much. I told him that personally in Camden 2012’s Summit. He talked to me about In Pieces and how much he loved MTM for a while actually, I was surprised. Dave is actually audible on bass for some songs on MTM. The whole album is amazing. Nothing will ever top it. It defined me as a person until the day I die, too. It was the soundtrack of my later High School years and after. It has helped me so much in life. The tour was also AMAZING. 

Off topic but never enough of praising this masterpiece. The only song i dont really get what is doing on this album is In Between its not like i dont like it but its very mediocre comparing to other songs i think. 

I also remember stans having a meltdown over new LP clothes. Well fashion changes every season so it was obvious they wont be wearing baggy clothes forever. 

21 hours ago, Hahninator said:

This sounds like the guy I was arguing with on Reddit about Meteora and Warner.

The misconceptions you have of the label with MTM seem so weird to me and are based on nothing factual, at least that I can tell. LP completely changed their sound with MTM and went #1 globally with the album and one of their biggest songs ever, What I've Done. By all means it was a smash hit. Sure, the label likely told them they need a big single to push the album but they certainly didn't tell them to change the style or sound of the album ... just listen to the final result. MTM for what it's worth is a fantastic album.

"i just think they hated Warner since the beggining, and sometimes, in some albums, you can see that clearly" I also disagree with this strongly. Warner has given them *100%* artistic freedom since at least ATS from what I can tell as a fan. And I only say that because of my MTM comment above. LP is who picked Catalyst and Guilty All the Same as lead singles when it was very obvious those songs weren't going to do anything on radio when you had tracks like Waiting for The End and Final Masquerade. They seem like quite a supportive label to me, they work with the fans a lot and go to bat for LP when it matters. 

They should be fine money wise, because the whole sponsorhips thing scares me a bit, especially when it reminds me of Mercedes (still weird to me to this day even though yes they constantly support them, more after Chester's passing). They should be able to make and release whatever they want whenever they want, without corporate figures looking at them, Don Gilmore style when Meteora was scrapped and rewritten again. Machine Shop is always a choice, in the meantime, it seems like they aren't going anywhere from Warner.

The question is do the band still has the capability to deliver an album on the same caliber as A Thousand Suns quality? That's the problem right there. If they can make a sequel to that, I'll be more than happy. I don't count The Hunting Party as successor to A Thousand Suns, not even close.

4 hours ago, RYG4R said:

The question is do the band still has the capability to deliver an album on the same caliber as A Thousand Suns quality? That's the problem right there. If they can make a sequel to that, I'll be more than happy. I don't count The Hunting Party as successor to A Thousand Suns, not even close.

Mike is capable of delivering even better album. The thing os that we dont know what kind of music does he want to create now because he is changing directions every single time. 

I feel like the band kind of lost themselves when they started feeling the need to make every single thing they did different than the last in such a dramatic fashion. MTM was different but it was a natural progression as far as I’m concerned. Like I said, the record still had elements of the old LP with the heavier songs, the scratching from Joe on WID, etc. It was still a rock album at it’s core, for sure. It did have some songs that were very different from old LP such as HHH and In Between, but they still had an LP feel to them somehow for me.

When they started writing for ATS, they really started making weird stuff and stuff that nobody would ever say remotely sounds like LP. Then with LT, they took that idea but tried making it mainstream in structure with adding more electronic stuff, but it was a different kind of electronic than ATS, it was more EDMish. Then they did the stuff with Aoki and put out Recharged which was a EDM remix album 100%. Then they went the total opposite and did a heavy rock/metal/punk/whatever album with THP. Then they went full on pop with OML. They were really all over the place since ATS. And they always had to point out that they will always make radically different stuff than the last. But at what point is that a bad thing?

LP has clearly shown the world that they can make any kind of album for the most part. But most bands who experiment and change up their sound and stuff but find that new sound and stay with it. I can’t say I have ever seen any band do what LP has done in those regards. Which I guess is one of the reasons why LP is so big.

I will never understand the reason they released an EDM album like Recharged. Literally no one from the stans (i think so) is into this kind of music so what was the point. And fans of EDM music wont randomly reach out for LP record since they will associate LP with rock. And even if they will listen to Recharged they will not go back to Meteora lol. This album was not even a good EDM album. It was really utter shit 💩

And I agree they dont need to go soo drastically different everytime. Like calm down a little. But they are very big so I can understand why they do it. 

Edited by sordomuda