The band after LT

Garret

I agree with almost everything you have said here. LT was everything the band was standing for. Serving the lyrics and music. A lot of throwback with the style of the album. They have mixed what they could do the best. Even though I like THP i agree lyrics feel very uninspired and flat. The standout songs for me are Final Masquerade, Rebellion thanks to Daron and A Line In The Sand. I just wish they have played Powerless because I love it so much. 

I agree. THP is my least favourite record from the band (though I love Rebellion, Drawbar and GATS), majority of the songs from THP are liveless. THP would've been better if they had and external producer to oversee the process of the record. I know Mike and the band are capable of producing it on their own, but IMO, it's much better if they have an outside perspective of what could be the record all about. 

If LT succeeded with a full blown folk-record then I'm sold on that one because LT had that vibe to it but it's subtle. That's a great progression from LT to LP6. Devil's Drop from the Mall OST, is  a perfect example of transitioning from LT to LP6.

Just now, sordomuda said:

Legend.

Lyrics from THP must be the worst lyrics in LP career. Except from Rebellion, Final Masquerade and Line In The Sand. 

Yeah those are probably the best songs lyrically on the album. Love the intro to ALITS actually, it sounds eerie which is cool.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, sordomuda said:

A Line In The Sand was a pure Linkin Park vibe. 

Yup. It’s my favorite song off of the album by far. I also enjoy Powerless on LT a lot, as well as NCSM from OML.

Edited by Garret

I have just read your edited post 😂 wow i’m impressed. 

I was always wondering why we didnt have any videos, behind the scenes of recording the OML album. I think its because Chester was in the very Dark place of his mind during that time? Did Mike really say he didnt know where Chester was and he havent Heard from him for a while? Thats kinda weird when you are recording an album right? The fact that they didnt write their Own lyrics for OML is what i hate the most because writing their Own lyrics and music is what i love the most about the artist. I dont mind few songs but the whole album? Dude... 

What would be the band's music if Mike was not the producer of THP? Would there be any impact on the direction they're going? Let's say for example, the band approached a different producer (not Gilmore nor Rubin), a totally new producer. I'm curious how it's going to unfold especially when you have an outside perspective in terms of vision and execution. 

I read both the initial post and now the edited one. The current text is better organised and clearer so it's good that you changed some things. Even though I don't agree with some of your points, it was a very good read. You're often mean to other people but you definitely care about the band and I'm glad that there is someone who goes deeper into some things connected with them so I can get to know more stuff. 

I like that you always mention very obscure facts like Chester telling Jim Digby to fuck off backstage after one of the London's show in 2017. I didn't know that and one or two other things so it was definitely worth reading. Do you have anything more like this? I don't want to go into Chester's personal life too much, obviously but I'm a big fan of him and the band so I'd like to know as much as I can and I see that Garret knows a lot so maybe there are more interesting facts that I still don't know. Maybe you should do a seperate thread with things like this. Not only connected with personal lives of the band members but just with some obscure facts that you've got to know over the years. I'm sure many people would read that. You wouldn't have to add everything at once but just some and then different stuff after some days again. 

4 minutes ago, blackout said:

I read both the initial post and now the edited one. The current text is better organised and clearer so it's good that you changed some things. Even though I don't agree with some of your points, it was a very good read. You're often mean to other people but you definitely care about the band and I'm glad that there is someone who goes deeper into some things connected with them so I can get to know more stuff. 

I like that you always mention very obscure facts like Chester telling Jim Digby to fuck off backstage after one of the London's show in 2017. I didn't know that and one or two other things so it was definitely worth reading. Do you have anything more like this? I don't want to go into Chester's personal life too much, obviously but I'm a big fan of him and the band so I'd like to know as much as I can and I see that Garret knows a lot so maybe there are more interesting facts that I still don't know. Maybe you should do a seperate thread with things like this. Not only connected with personal lives of the band members but just with some obscure facts that you've got to know over the years. I'm sure many people would read that. You wouldn't have to add everything at once but just some and then different stuff after some days again. 

This 

16 hours ago, blackout said:

He constantly changes his mind and then he justifies his actions with "I have mental issues". I told him over and over again that having issues doesn't give you a free pass to act like a dick.

I've been here for over 8 years and I've never met anyone as cynical as this dude. Not gonna bother to read the whole bible here because it's pointless.

5 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

He constantly changes his mind and then he justifies his actions with "I have mental issues". I told him over and over again that having issues doesn't give you a free pass to act like a dick.

I've been here for over 8 years and I've never met anyone as cynical as this dude. Not gonna bother to read the whole bible here because it's pointless.

Yeahhhh I’m crazzyyyy. Got those mental issues, ya know? Thanks for not bothering to read what I wrote though. Really contributes to the thread in a big way. 

7 hours ago, Wilderness said:

tl;dr

Yeah, I feel like that’s what society has come to nowadays. People only read something if it’s like a sentence or less and it has to use abbreviations like ‘’u’’ instead of you, etc. 

I think Linkin Park has a main problem, and that problem is.... Warner, this is why:

Back in the days, LP had some trouble to find a label, so after a lot of attempts, they had a deal with Warner.

HT was a instant success.. Warner was amazed on how well the album performed.

So warner was like "OMG, we won the lotery, LP is a huge success, alright, we need more", and LP was like "Hold on, we were thinking about making a...." and warner was like: "NO. WE. NEED. MOAR.", so here it is.. Meteora, and is funny because you can see that warner "invested" a lot more on LP, so the songs are more produced than HT, keeping the essence of LP but adding more sutff (Breaking The Habit orchestra, Nobody's Listening cool and different instruments, etc...)

Another huge sucess, so after Meteora, LP was like "alright Warner, sit here, let's talk.. both of our albums were a sucess, right? Cool, now we want to do something new" and Warner was  like "But.... But... The sales... the numbers... You know what? NO. We want Meteora 2.0" and LP "What about 50/50? We do some old style songs (Given Up, No More Sorrow) and we also do something new", so there's Minutes To Midnight. The album had good sales, good numbers..

So, after 3 albums, LP was like "Alright Warner, this is the deal..3 albums, huge sales, good numbers, So... Next album, we are doing what we want... Alright? Ok Byeeee", and considering the Meteora / Hybrid Theory style was dying at this point, Warner was like "Ok than... You have credit, do something good" So ATS was a pure Linkin Park production, ignoring Live format, Radio format, it was 100% on LP hands, and the album was amazing, it was creative, really creative, it tells a story, the production level is INSANE... It was made with love and care. i do think ATS was their best album, but i dont think it was downhill from here...

Now we have Living Things, in my opinion the weakest LP album, not because is bad, or not well produced, but because most of the songs sounds the same, there's too much eletronic but not in a good and creative way like ATS, even some basic instruments like drums and guitars are eletronic, that makes the album sound the same start to finish. But it had good radio songs, so it was an OK album. And considering LT was following the "pop wave" that was spread out on music industry, i dont think they had that many problems.

After 4 albums, the band decided to "return" to their roots, i feel like THP was: "Hello there old fan from HT / Meteora that is pissed because we dont do heavy stuff anymore... We can still do that.. Don`t believe me? Please, sit here this other guy that never heard our heavy stuff and enjoy... We called it The Hunting Party", THP definatelly doesnt have  a huge production level in terms of instruments and creativity, but that was the idea... "Raw and powerfull album", the thing is, Warner was like "Hold on.... Living Things was a good album.. Pop is the new thing... and now you guys want to do heavy stuff?? That style is dead already... and what about the new audiance? Cmon man, at least throw some pop songs there, oh and BTW, Final Masquerade is the first single" and LP was "NO.. ok, fine, we can throw some pop songs there, but the single is GATS". I think the only problem with THP is that, the objective of "we can still do heavy stuff" was delivered to a new audiance only, that came along with ATS and LT and didnt cared about the "old days", The "old fan base that hated everything since Meteora" didnt cared anymore.

And finally, One More Light was a Pop / Mainstream album, but it was creative, and overall a good album.

So i dont think LP had any "downhill", i just think they hated Warner since the beggining, and sometimes, in some albums, you can see that clearly... and they have some troubles with some "fans" because aparently, after 7 albums, some people still dont understand that LP dont make the same thing over and over.. Every album is different, doesnt matter if it is pop, rock, eletronic, folk, funk, country. Every. Album. Is. Different.

19 minutes ago, bruh009 said:

I think Linkin Park has a main problem, and that problem is.... Warner, this is why:

Back in the days, LP had some trouble to find a label, so after a lot of attempts, they had a deal with Warner.

HT was a instant success.. Warner was amazed on how well the album performed.

So warner was like "OMG, we won the lotery, LP is a huge success, alright, we need more", and LP was like "Hold on, we were thinking about making a...." and warner was like: "NO. WE. NEED. MOAR.", so here it is.. Meteora, and is funny because you can see that warner "invested" a lot more on LP, so the songs are more produced than HT, keeping the essence of LP but adding more sutff (Breaking The Habit orchestra, Nobody's Listening cool and different instruments, etc...)

Another huge sucess, so after Meteora, LP was like "alright Warner, sit here, let's talk.. both of our albums were a sucess, right? Cool, now we want to do something new" and Warner was  like "But.... But... The sales... the numbers... You know what? NO. We want Meteora 2.0" and LP "What about 50/50? We do some old style songs (Given Up, No More Sorrow) and we also do something new", so there's Minutes To Midnight. The album had good sales, good numbers..

So, after 3 albums, LP was like "Alright Warner, this is the deal..3 albums, huge sales, good numbers, So... Next album, we are doing what we want... Alright? Ok Byeeee", and considering the Meteora / Hybrid Theory style was dying at this point, Warner was like "Ok than... You have credit, do something good" So ATS was a pure Linkin Park production, ignoring Live format, Radio format, it was 100% on LP hands, and the album was amazing, it was creative, really creative, it tells a story, the production level is INSANE... It was made with love and care. i do think ATS was their best album, but i dont think it was downhill from here...

Now we have Living Things, in my opinion the weakest LP album, not because is bad, or not well produced, but because most of the songs sounds the same, there's too much eletronic but not in a good and creative way like ATS, even some basic instruments like drums and guitars are eletronic, that makes the album sound the same start to finish. But it had good radio songs, so it was an OK album. And considering LT was following the "pop wave" that was spread out on music industry, i dont think they had that many problems.

After 4 albums, the band decided to "return" to their roots, i feel like THP was: "Hello there old fan from HT / Meteora that is pissed because we dont do heavy stuff anymore... We can still do that.. Don`t believe me? Please, sit here this other guy that never heard our heavy stuff and enjoy... We called it The Hunting Party", THP definatelly doesnt have  a huge production level in terms of instruments and creativity, but that was the idea... "Raw and powerfull album", the thing is, Warner was like "Hold on.... Living Things was a good album.. Pop is the new thing... and now you guys want to do heavy stuff?? That style is dead already... and what about the new audiance? Cmon man, at least throw some pop songs there, oh and BTW, Final Masquerade is the first single" and LP was "NO.. ok, fine, we can throw some pop songs there, but the single is GATS". I think the only problem with THP is that, the objective of "we can still do heavy stuff" was delivered to a new audiance only, that came along with ATS and LT and didnt cared about the "old days", The "old fan base that hated everything since Meteora" didnt cared anymore.

And finally, One More Light was a Pop / Mainstream album, but it was creative, and overall a good album.

So i dont think LP had any "downhill", i just think they hated Warner since the beggining, and sometimes, in some albums, you can see that clearly... and they have some troubles with some "fans" because aparently, after 7 albums, some people still dont understand that LP dont make the same thing over and over.. Every album is different, doesnt matter if it is pop, rock, eletronic, folk, funk, country. Every. Album. Is. Different.

I really like the way that you have explained it, it was a good read for me. 

Well its the same with every fanbase, there are always some morons that expect the artist to deliver exactly the same album as they think was „the best” only in their opinion and the rest sucks. I listen to a lot of different artists in different genres and i sweat its all the same story everywhere. 

Maybe LP should go independent now but that of course means more money for promo and everything. 

39 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I really like the way that you have explained it, it was a good read for me. 

Well its the same with every fanbase, there are always some morons that expect the artist to deliver exactly the same album as they think was „the best” only in their opinion and the rest sucks. I listen to a lot of different artists in different genres and i sweat its all the same story everywhere. 

Maybe LP should go independent now but that of course means more money for promo and everything. 

They can go independent for sure, LP has Machine Shop anyways. The more they go underground in the next record, the better. 

17 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

They can go independent for sure, LP has Machine Shop anyways. The more they go underground in the next record, the better. 

True but i dont know how being an independent artist comes together with touring. They were one of the few artists that were really having a WORLD tour. Usually world tour mean USA + Europe and some Latin America countries. Nobody comes to Australia etc. And they were touring literally everywhere packing up arenas and stadiums. But this kind of tour needs some money and sponsors right

1 minute ago, sordomuda said:

True but i dont know how being an independent artist comes together with touring. They were one of the few artists that were really having a WORLD tour. Usually world tour mean USA + Europe and some Latin America countries. Nobody comes to Australia etc. And they were touring literally everywhere packing up arenas and stadiums. But this kind of tour needs some money and sponsors right

Unless they signed to a new label that is less restrictive to the band's creative direction but every label wants their artists to put out something commercially viable to the public since it is business. That's the reason why the band have this weird pattern of releasing records, a risky records like Hybrid Theory, A Thousand Suns, and The Hunting Party followed by universal records like Meteora, LIVING THINGS, One More Light. 

Now this thread is getting good. Great points by everyone. I’d love for LP to go independent in the future. But who knows. Warner was a thorn in their side during their career at times. I still feel like LT was the last truly epic album (the stuff after it do have some good tracks though). 

Edited by Garret