The Unreleased DBS Songs

Garret

Wall Of Sound

Instrumental

Hard Life

Introutro

Split Personality
Evil Twin

Those are the six unreleased DBS songs that we know of. The first four hail from the infamous demo board shown in Julien-K's studio, which had a photo of it on their website back in 2007. Amir was asked about these four songs on Facebook and he said they were all songs that never got finished. Interesting enough, if you go by the check boxes on the board, it seems like Hard Life was the only one of the  four that had vocals, but of course, we don't know that for sure. Split Personality and Evil Twin were shown on a different demo board during a Making Of DBS video back in 2009. I think these two songs or more or less proper b-sides that were cut from the album because they made it all the way until the final process with Howard Benson. I don't think they are final versions of any of the four demos from the board shown in 2007, and Amir's quote kind of half confirms it. Chester also apparently thought 20 Eyes was going to be a bonus track for the album, but it never got released, although a studio demo of it was released on the Demos CD that was leaked in 2018. Morning After was obviously released as a bonus track for the album in Japan and other places like iTunes.

Anyways, do you think we could get Ryan and Amir to release these six tracks? Seems like possibly all they have for songs that didn't make the album, besides various demo versions of album songs, etc. I think maybe we could get them to. They said in 2017 that they would release stuff in time and that Chester  wanted us to hear it all. It's been 3 years coming up this summer and I think maybe it's a good time to release it. They can do a Time Capsule type of thing, I'd pay for it, and I'm sure other fans would too, on Kickstarter or something. Or maybe just a digital release, even, a limited CD release, there are multiple ways. Do you guys think if we ask Ryan and Amir about this, they might consider it? Grey Daze is also releasing a CD this year so maybe they'll also view it as a good time.

Edited by Garret

• 3 weeks later...

Chester said in a making of DBS video that ''half  the record that you hear was written post Minutes to Midnight''. We know Inside Of Me and Condemned were both written during the final stages of making the record with Howard, according to the KROQ interview. Chester is also seen playing Too Late on acoustic guitar briefly during one of the making of videos as well, which could mean it was also written around that time. I think it's very possible that Crawl Back In was as well, and maybe even End Of The World. Astat said End Of The World was the T-Rex song that Mike was referring to when Chester showed him the songs, and it very well could be, but keep in mind that Mike said that in early 2009. That original demo board posted by Julien-K back in 2007 didn't list any of these songs and when Amir was asked about the titles that didn't appear on the album, he said that they were all songs that never got finished. So it kind of confirms that. Not to mention that the Demos CD that was leaked in 2018 didn't have any of those songs, it had 6 songs from the album in demo form and then the 20 Eyes cover and Morning After, which was a bonus track for the album, as well as the remix for Morning After that was released on Underworld Evolution's soundtrack back in January of 2006. Throw In The Darkness on there, which we know existed previously but was not released on the Demos CD for some reason, and I think those are the original songs, while the others were written in 2009. Just my two cents.

Edited by Garret

42 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I would love to keep my hands on all of these songs. I am sure it would snatch our edges hard. Maybe one day.... 

They will fade into the demo graveyard if Ryan and Amir never put it out. That’s why I think we should ask them as a community.

I'm positive but don't quote me on this Ryan and Amir talked about unreleased DBS songs on a video blog before, saying they don't own the rights or something. Again, I could me misremembering badly.

2 hours ago, Subs said:

I'm positive but don't quote me on this Ryan and Amir talked about unreleased DBS songs on a video blog before, saying they don't own the rights or something. Again, I could me misremembering badly.

Could be true. I remember right after Chester died in 2017 they said they wanted to release the unreleased DBS stuff but obviously it never happened. And when that Demo CD leaked in early 2018, they never said anything on it. We probably will never  get the stuff, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to listen to the unreleased tracks, But I'd also feel bad if we all pestered them for it! 😅 Even if we did ask, we'd still have to wait until they are comfortable releasing them (That is, if they are even able to release them). Suppose I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!

On 3/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, Figendog said:

I'd love to listen to the unreleased tracks, But I'd also feel bad if we all pestered them for it! 😅 Even if we did ask, we'd still have to wait until they are comfortable releasing them (That is, if they are even able to release them). Suppose I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!

It's don't hurt to ask. Why not? I want the original 14 song DBS album. Many do and would love it if it were to be announced, trust me. Only the old-school hardcore fans, though, because no one knows about it except them.