The Very Best Of The DSP’s

Garret

Since JZLP suggested that I make a compilation of the best performances of each song from the DSP’s era, here it is.

EDIT: The compilation from JZLP and myself will be released soon.

Edited by Garret

Wow Garret thank for doing this, it seems like a lot of work also i think other performances worth mentioning are Papercut live in Arizona in 2008 when mike talks about how chester join the band that was amazing and the POA performance in Stuttgart in 2009 when mike rapped High Voltage mixed with Bloc Party in the intro and Reading My Eyes at outro which sounds heavy as fuck

On 10/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, Diaux said:

Wow Garret thank for doing this, it seems like a lot of work also i think other performances worth mentioning are Papercut live in Arizona in 2008 when mike talks about how chester join the band that was amazing and the POA performance in Stuttgart in 2009 when mike rapped High Voltage mixed with Bloc Party in the intro and Reading My Eyes at outro which sounds heavy as fuck

Wow, I totally forgot about that Papercut. I think I'm gonna edit my post and use that one instead.

Edited by Garret

Man I'm working on this right now im so proud of you man this list is fucking amazing damn dude you are a human data base of LP info thanks God that you are here you contribute 100000x more than most of the people that are against you 

This is epic I didn't expect a commentary for every track im overwhelmed 

You fucking rock 

Edited by JZLP

I just downloaded every single file just give me some time to organize the files, create the artwork and I'll add your notes for sure. 

There's some stuff missing Garret, could you please choose the show for the next tracks:

LFY/Papercut (Mashup) 

Ballad Medley 

LFY 2008 Intro 

Suggestions are welcome for disc 2.

Edited by JZLP
Notes

On 10/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, JZLP said:

Another question 

Does a performance of ITE features Chester singing the whole bridge? That would be a good one too. 

I was wondering that too because I would have chosen that for ITE. I couldn't sit and check every single ITE because it would drive me crazy. If someone knows of one or finds one, let me know so I can swap it out.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:36 AM, JZLP said:

I just downloaded every single file just give me some time to organize the files, create the artwork and I'll add your notes for sure. 

There's some stuff missing Garret, could you please choose the show for the next tracks:

LFY/Papercut (Mashup) 

Ballad Medley 

LFY 2008 Intro 

Suggestions are welcome for disc 2.

I will find the best for these.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:20 AM, JZLP said:

Man I'm working on this right now im so proud of you man this list is fucking amazing damn dude you are a human data base of LP info thanks God that you are here you contribute 100000x more than most of the people that are against you 

This is epic I didn't expect a commentary for every track im overwhelmed 

You fucking rock 

No problem man I had fun doing it. And we needed it to be done. The commentary I wanted to do because I felt like people would wonder why they were the best in my own opinion.

Edited by Garret

24 minutes ago, JZLP said:

I've found 3 shows with Chester singing ITE bridge but only in Stuttgart he sings the full part. 

Graz is interesting because Brad plays PMA during a verse. 

Stuttgart 10. 22.10 

Graz 2009 (PMA guitar tease) 

Arras 2011 

As an Austrian, I am voting for Graz ;)

53 minutes ago, JZLP said:

I got an update on Album 2 (Rare&special performances) I did a lot of research and added like 20+ songs 

Garret and others 

Which other tracks are missing on album 2?

10 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Sorry wrong image this is the correct one

https://imgur.com/smtDOZn

Looks good to me. You really are the hero of Album 2. You added so much to it. Maybe other people know some other rare stuff but it looks pretty good to me.

3 hours ago, JZLP said:

I just found two more gems.. There's another SOTD with an alternative guitar solo and a LOATR with a jam outro

I still need to tag every single file and create the covers for both albums 

Suggestions for the names of the albums? 

Really?? What shows? Amazing work you have been doing for this finding all this stuff. I suck with names, you have any ideas? 

6 hours ago, JZLP said:

I just found two more gems.. There's another SOTD with an alternative guitar solo and a LOATR with a jam outro

I still need to tag every single file and create the covers for both albums 

Suggestions for the names of the albums? 

Dope Song Party (or Playlist?) haha

5 hours ago, Garret said:

Really?? What shows? Amazing work you have been doing for this finding all this stuff. I suck with names, you have any ideas? 

False alarm about another SOTD but the LOATR jam is from Melbourne 07 night 2

And there's also a unique jam of OSC where Brad doesn't stops playing the main riff and the band joins him it sounds really cool. 

On 10/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, JZLP said:

False alarm about another SOTD but the LOATR jam is from Melbourne 07 night 2

And there's also a unique jam of OSC where Brad doesn't stops playing the main riff and the band joins him it sounds really cool. 

We should add that stuff to Album 2.

Edited by Garret

On 10/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, Garret said:

We should add that LOATR and whatever OSC you are referring to. I also think on Album 1 we should swap out TLTGYA from Mansfield to Atlanta. Better speech after the song and Mike says ''anyone here from New Orleans?'' before the song. Better sounding performance, too.

I'll make the changes next week and I'll try to release it im on vacation right now. 

11 hours ago, JZLP said:

I'll make the changes next week and I'll try to release it im on vacation right now. 

Ok no rush. 

6 hours ago, JJJ said:

Amazing list! Going through the performances you mentioned, they are very good!

The ITE with the full bridge is not from 2009 though, it is at the Stuttgart 2010 show :)

Thanks, when JZE makes the changes and releases it, it’ll be the correct one now that we know. I’ll change the date in my og post too.