Sign in to follow this  
lpliveusername

Download: Built From Scratch (Advance CD)

The demo version of 'It's Goin' Down' had been shared many times in the forums over the years, but now we've decided to make the entire 2001 Advance CD for Built From Scratch available for download in lossless format. The version of 'It's Goin' Down' present in this CD is commonly known as "promo version" due to the voiceover during the bridge. The intro is the infamous "Lee Interlude" (a sample from Bruce Lee's Game Of Death) which was played live by Linkin Park throughout 2001. The chorus is completely different from the final version.

The skits present on Built From Scratch are missing from this CD. All songs feature voiceovers letting the listener know they came from a promotional copy of the album - similar to what 'It's Goin' Down' has. Due to this CD being manufactured the year before the album was released, some tracks are still in their demo form. The track 'Triple Threat' (named after the DJ group featured on it) is the only title not present in the standard Built From Scratch album. There's an unlisted 18th track in the disc which is an alternate version of 'Feel The Bass.'

Tracklist:

01. XL (feat. Large Professor)

02. X-Ecutioners Scratch

03. A Journey Into Sound (feat. Kenny Muhammed on Beatbox)

04. 3 Boroughs

05. Let It Bang (feat. MOP)

06. X-ecutioners (Theme) Song (feat. Dan The Automator)

07. Feel The Bass

08. It's Goin' Down (feat. Linkin Park)

09. Premier's X-ecution (feat. DJ Premier)

10. Y'all Know The Name (feat. Pharoahe Monch, Xzibit, Inspectah Deck and Madskillz)

11. Genius Of Love (feat. Tom Tom Club)

12. Choppin' Niggaz Up

13. B-Boy Punk Rock 2001 (feat. Everlast)

14. Triple Threat (Starring The Triple Threat DJ's - Shortkut, Apollo and Vinroc)

15. Play That Beat (feat. Fatman Scoop)

16. Dramacide (feat. Big Pun and Kool G Rap)

17. X-ecution Of A Bum Rush

18. Feel The Bass

Download FLAC + Scans

This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing this. Now we know that "It's Goin' Down" actually featuring LINKIN PARK. But MAYBE when official released, they decided not to go with "Linkin Park" name because of licensing, copyright or legal issues.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:26 AM, Stranger said:

This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing this. Now we know that "It's Goin' Down" actually featuring LINKIN PARK. But MAYBE when official released, they decided not to go with "Linkin Park" name because of licensing, copyright or legal issues.

Sounds similar to what happened with Waiting For Tomorrow. The end result says featuring Mike Shinoda, when the rest of the band worked on it (as seen in the LP "making of" video for the song). The live one Garrix played in 2016 (version 1 of the 3 versions of the song) has Chester on vocals as well.

7 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Sounds similar to what happened with Waiting For Tomorrow. The end result says featuring Mike Shinoda, when the rest of the band worked on it (as seen in the LP "making of" video for the song). The live one Garrix played in 2016 (version 1 of the 3 versions of the song) has Chester on vocals as well.

Yeah and alternatively, the Visionaries track was actually just Mike and Joe, since Joe said in September of 2001 that him and Mike just did a track with The Visionaries. Not really a Linkin Park feature entirely. I feel like IGD, WMI, ALTNC, DTB & WFT are all LP features regardless of what some think.

8 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Oh i see. totally understood. it'll be great if Garrix keeps Chester in that song and released it as "Garrix X LP", just like how Steve Aoki did.

1 hour ago, Garret said:

Yeah and alternatively, the Visionaries track was actually just Mike and Joe, since Joe said in September of 2001 that him and Mike just did a track with The Visionaries. Not really a Linkin Park feature entirely. I feel like IGD, WMI, ALTNC, DTB & WFT are all LP features regardless of what some think.

I prefer they used "Linkin Park" instead of personal/individual name for those tracks. i keep my itunes library like that. those song, under the "Album Artist", rename it as LP. lol

4 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Oh i see. totally understood. it'll be great if Garrix keeps Chester in that song and released it as "Garrix X LP", just like how Steve Aoki did.

I prefer they used "Linkin Park" instead of personal/individual name for those tracks. i keep my itunes library like that. those song, under the "Album Artist", rename it as LP. lol

Yeah there are so many features and what not from LP members and it gets annoying to keep them all labeled like that. It’s way easier to just say ‘’LP’’. Lol. The band has released so much music over the years if you really think about it, especially all the guest spots and what not from members.

After relistening to the versions I have of the song, I like the demo from PushMeAway's website the most. The one without the "put it out for the world to see".

Man Jose, there are a lot of versions of this. You SERIOUSLY only need: album version, the demo from PMA, and the promo (all the promo is is the album version without the guitar feedback intro). http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=It's_Goin'_Down

I always just liked the one on Built From Scratch TBH. I had a demo one that I used to listen to YEARS ago, like 2003-2005 that had some voice going ''I knew I was being threatened'' or something in the intro. LOL. And I know the Built From Scratch CD came out in 2002 but I didn't even listen to the album version of the song until years later, like 2008 or something. Haha.

17 hours ago, Garret said:

I always just liked the one on Built From Scratch TBH. I had a demo one that I used to listen to YEARS ago, like 2003-2005 that had some voice going ''I knew I was being threatened'' or something in the intro. LOL. And I know the Built From Scratch CD came out in 2002 but I didn't even listen to the album version of the song until years later, like 2008 or something. Haha.

I knew I was being threatened. Do you think it's worth holding out? I mean I've heard some pretty ugly things about those guys. Ugly stories. WATCH THEM FLEE. Lmao.

I like that version a lot. Didn't hear the album version until MUCH later as well, same as you. Like 2008. I had this demo one since like 2004.

7 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I knew I was being threatened. Do you think it's worth holding out? I mean I've heard some pretty ugly things about those guys. Ugly stories. WATCH THEM FLEE. Lmao.

I like that version a lot. Didn't hear the album version until MUCH later as well, same as you. Like 2008. I had this demo one since like 2004.

Whoa! Surprisingly you guys didnt hear the album version till 2008. My local MTV always shows the music video (which is the album version of IGD). Only discovered the demo version late 2004. tbh, i love both version. it seems like the demo version is more on LP while the album version is heavy on X-Ecutioners.