LPLStaff

"LP LIVE EXPERIENCE DRAFT ONE" - 2014 Tour

An interesting new file has surfaced online, from the run up to Linkin Park's 2014 shows.

Download:
WAV: https://we.tl/t-G6C23ceIew
MP3: https://www.sendspace.com/file/95pnr7

If you saw this world tour in 2014 or 2015, you'll know that Mike designed the setlist to be an immersive "experience" of all the different time period's in Linkin Park's history. Songs were shortened, medleys were created, and many songs transitioned into one another in ways we've never seen the band do before.

While noting that this is just a first draft before obviously many changes were made, you can get a glimpse of Mike's first, original ideas of what the show was going to look like. The tracklist is different than what the band played in Europe in 2014 and on Carnivores in 2014 and includes just two songs from The Hunting Party - 'Guilty All The Same' and 'All For Nothing', which surprisingly was never played live.

When analyzing the setlist, you'll see that heavyweights 'New Divide' and 'Faint' are at the start of the tour instead of near the end. Before Joe's Solo Medley was created, Mike had the idea of running 'Session', 'Cure For The Itch', and 'I'll Be Gone' (Vice Remix w/ Pusha T) all back-to-back. Next, his solo portion of the show features a wild run of him rapping 'Wretches & Kings' and 'Points Of Authority' before going into 'Hands Held High' over ''In My Remains' and adding the second verse of it over the intro of 'Numb'. Crazy!

And of course, the big surprise is the initial idea to play 'All For Nothing' in the transition after 'Runaway' instead of 'Wastelands'.

In the end (ha), you get to see just how creative Mike is when you listen to this immersive experience and we can debate all day long about whether you liked the 2014 setlists better or worse than this draft! One thing is for sure... this is a cool piece of Linkin Park history that you should definitely check out. You'll hear Mike mix in live recordings with his own studio mashups to concoct this epic set. And you'll also notice changes from what was actually played. For your convenience, we've provided this quick tracklist below:

Linkin Park
February 14, 2014
"The Hunting Party" Tour
"Live Experience" Setlist Draft One - Mike Shinoda

01 The Catalyst Intro
02 Guilty All the Same (Instrumental)
03 Given Up (Ext. Outro Edit) >
04 New Divide
05 Faint (Ext. Outro Edit) >
06 One Step Closer (Ext. Outro Edit) >
07 Blackout (Short) ->
08 Papercut (Short - both verses & choruses, hard stop after ch2) >
09 With You (Short - no first chorus or second verse) >
10 Runaway (Intro, first verse, chorus only; Ext Outro/transition demo, no verse) >
11 All For Nothing (Instrumental)
12 Castle Of Glass Experience (Studio Edit Mashup)
13 LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Live Take) >
14 Robot Boy (Short) >
15 Session (short) >
16 Cure For The Itch (Short, Sped up ending) >
17 I'll Be Gone (Vice Remix w/ Pusha T) (Short) >
18 What I've Done (Alex K Dubstep Remix intro, Ext. bridge, Live ext keyboard outro) >
19 Burn It Down
20 Mike Solo Medley (No intro; Wretches & Kings v1, Points Of Authority intro rap) >
21 Points Of Authority instrumental jam >
22 In My Remains instrumental (w/ Hands Held High v1) >
23 Numb (Long Numb/Encore instrumental intro w/ Hands Held High v2)
24 In The End
25 Bleed It Out

After spending three+ hours discussing this in our LPLive group Skype chat, we are going ahead with this post because while it does have a lot of questionable moments in it, there are indeed live audio clips in this that aren't released publicly anywhere from the Monterrey 2012 show, which leads us to believe it is legitimate. We will work on providing a download for you shortly.

Enjoy, and we look forward to the discussion on this one.

Wow, interesting. Wasn't a huge fan of the 2014/2015 sets, but... AFN is very interesting. I wish they had played that one at some point, I can't believe they skipped playing it at Relief Live 2015 when Page Hamilton was literally on stage with the band (he played on BIO). IMR with HHH was probably the crown jewel here. But he did HHH over a variant of things with FM in 2015 and with LP in 2017, and as a solo artist in 2018/2019 so nothing too special with that, IMO. Thanks for sharing.

Wow this is amazing. 

Now I'm curious if someone is able to remove the CLICK sound and split up the songs. Don't know if it is possible. 

But anyways thanks again LPLIVE

Seems like when Mike created this initial set for the THP Tour, he was still in the LT/Recharged mindset. LT didn't have enough touring, should have had way more.

34 minutes ago, virusx360 said:

Wow this is amazing. 

Now I'm curious if someone is able to remove the CLICK sound and split up the songs. Don't know if it is possible. 

But anyways thanks again LPLIVE

Here's the set in FLAC and without the metronome

https://mega.nz/#!5Lp1wABB!7waMOivC-9tyGvdBP-z8WauUFjEV0_whcdK4f_vANjY

I can split the songs too, but I won't be able to post it until tomorrow lol

39 minutes ago, mariotormo said:

Those 3 hours of conversación could have ended up on a podcast. Have you ever thought on doing a Linkin Park Podcast?

That's a cool idea!

Also, this is an amazing piece. Thanks for sharing!

This is fantastic, thank you!

Sad that they actually never played All For Nothing, and the rest from The Hunting Party.

Edited by PeppePark

6 hours ago, mariotormo said:

Those 3 hours of conversación could have ended up on a podcast. Have you ever thought on doing a Linkin Park Podcast?

Would be really cool if somehow a consistent podcast existed in the LP community. We'd love to feature on one. Definitely not opposed to that in any way.

This YouTube video not working is really weird. It says it has views. But when we log out of our account it's unavailable, but there isn't any restriction on it. Not sure what's going on.

24 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Would be really cool if somehow a consistent podcast existed in the LP community. We'd love to feature on one. Definitely not opposed to that in any way.

This YouTube video not working is really weird. It says it has views. But when we log out of our account it's unavailable, but there isn't any restriction on it. Not sure what's going on.

Might be set to unlisted/private? 

No it's public. There's some really weird stuff with YouTube going on lately. When we upload a video of a DSP (like we put the whole DSP up), it won't show it. It doesn't give us an error or anything, it just doesn't work. Some YouTube fuckery with music.

Just now, LPLStaff said:

No it's public. There's some really weird stuff with YouTube going on lately. When we upload a video of a DSP (like we put the whole DSP up), it won't show it. It doesn't give us an error or anything, it just doesn't work. Some YouTube fuckery with music.

Or maybe, the band have some sort of agreements with google regarding how the filtering happens. Don't forget what happened with New Divide. They're the only band that had this sorcery.