'Make It Up As I Go' Single Release on August 28

RogueSoul

Despite having several videos out now for many songs, Post Traumatic has had only one true single: 'Crossing A Line.' Mike is gearing up to release the second single of the album, which will be 'Make It Up As I Go featuring K.Flay. The song is expected to impact radio on August 28.

This info comes from All Access which his historically been very accurate at revealing upcoming singles for a vast number of artists - including Linkin Park. It's safe to assume that this info is true and that the single will be released on or at least around that day. No single artwork has been revealed yet - we're not sure if there will be one, as 'Crossing The Line' was released (alongside 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore') with the Post Traumatic album cover instead of unique art.

Excited to hear the track on the radio? With the single release we can probably expect a music video to come relatively soon thereafter, too! The latest video Mike shared was for the instrumental 'Brooding,' directed by Mark Fiore. What other songs do you think could be singles from the record? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world!

What a great, obvious choice for a single.

Would have really liked to have seen Over Again be the first single. It hit number one right when it dropped and it wasn't even a single, lol. Make It Up As I Go is one of my top songs on the album. Great pick. Aaaand it was an LP song.

What a great, obvious choice for a single.

Would have really liked to have seen Over Again be the first single. It hit number one right when it dropped and it wasn't even a single, lol. Make It Up As I Go is one of my top songs on the album. Great pick. Aaaand it was an LP song.

Part of me thinks that Over Again wasn't chosen as a radio single because Mike/the label may not have thought it would be successful as one. That song is so very personal and specific to the situation that Mike/LP were forced to deal with in the immediate aftermath of 7/20. Obviously Mike knew that song would resonate with us (hardcore fans), and that we would connect to it, but that song is so powerful and emotionally raw that it actually reached way further than just hardcore LP/MS fans.

I think if Over Again was the first single it may have found more success that CAL did. I actually didn't like that choice as a lead single. It's a good song, but there were others on the album that probably would have been a better choice.

Edited by Justin

Well if you look at past LP singles, they don't really go for the song that makes the most sense as a single sometimes. 'The Catalyst' and 'Guilty All The Same' certainly weren't the prime choices for their respective records but they captured something about the album that the band wanted to make listeners aware of. 'Crossing A Line' makes sense to me as least in the sense that Mike wanted to show this isn't an album about depression and pain, but the journey of moving forward. That's the purpose CAL serves both thematically and in placement on the album.

• 1 month later...