Sign in to follow this  
martinez

[REQ] 3 Live Bonus Tracks from "Minutes To Midnight (BestBuy Edition)"

1 hour ago, martinez said:

I don't know why I did not noticed that until now but WID live from live single available only in Germany is the same version like WID live on the MTM BestBuy edition, so because of the site's rules (of not posting download links to official materials) we can't actually post a download link to WID live because it is available for purchase (even in lossless WAV). Sorry.

Then, the Given Up and NMS that where released on CD also are from the same show? Or those two are from a complete different performance?

Edited by bloodbath

I have compared all the versions a lot of times and I'm not sure of some things anymore. The versions I have, have terrible

quality. Also, I'm not sure if have the correct files of all the Best Buy versions I have.

I mean, for example, this - based on the databases the "What I've Done live" from the WID live single is exactly the same version like the BestBuy edition has, both have the same length and ISRC code, so they must be the same, but the file I have "13 - What I've Done (live at AOL Sessions). mp3" which is supposed to be from the BestBuy edition but it seems that it is a different version than the one from the WID live single, that's why I think I may have the wrong versions in my "MTM (BestBuy bonus tracks)" folder.

I would say that No More Sorrow (Third Encore Session) from SOTD single and the one from BestBuy edition are from the same show, but they definitely have different mastering (in SOTD version Vocals are mainly in front and louder) and maybe different mixing too?, Not sure.

Are our MTM Rehearsals wrong/messed up in any way martinez? Do I need to edit/change anything?

This is such a mess with the versions that I want to do like a very rare "rule override" here just in this case and allow all of these bonus tracks to be posted by you all, so we can get to the bottom of what exactly we all have, what it is labeled as, and what is RIGHT. For the sake of the band's/site's archives, we need to be correct on this stuff. Post away, but let's actually solve this. I can also contribute what all I have accumulated from it. The label isn't going to kill us for uploading live bonus tracks from 12 years ago if we are just trying to get it all straight. It isn't like we are posting One More Light in lossless for download. This thread is buried deep enough in the site that it's alright this time.

Do what you need to do, it's alright, if anyone says anything to us I will handle it cordially.

I know martinez, Gabe, and Geki will likely have 99.9%, if not 100% of all of this. We need to compare what we have. I'll work on uploading my stuff. I know Geki and Astat likely have the exact files from 2007 that I have buried somewhere since we were all incredibly active back then.

Ok so had to edit my post, initially I thought that Circuit City and BestBuy What'Ive Done are identical, I mean was the gang that good too pull out almost identical performances? (like the beginning, with Hahn scratching is identical to my ears) Now I really don't know if I was right or not..

btw, @Hahninator Third Encore website on all pages is http://www.3rdencoreoc.com/ instead of http://www.3rdencore.com/

Edited by michalangelo

The video/live song version is probably from the different rehearsal.

I don't know if it should be called Best Buy version (don't know if there was also a link to videos for those, who bought MTM Best Buy edition CD), but those releases: MTM Best Buy edition CD | digital edition of the MTM with 3 bestbuy live songs | What I've Done (Live) single - all of them contains exactly the same version of the WID live. https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/#!/search?isrcCode=USWB10701401&tab=lookup&showReleases=1&start=0&number=10

The live version of the song in the video contains scratching in the intro and there is no scratching in the intro of the WID live from the Best buy edition/live single.

@michalangelo this and Circuit City version of WID - I did comparison some time ago, I don't remember what the other differences are but I can hear different scratching in the intro.

Edited by martinez

The Best Buy/Circuit City What I've Done are different.

Here is what I have:

Audio:

AOL Sessions:
What I've Done
No More Sorrow
MISSING: Given Up (Where was it released?) [Minutes To Midnight Best Buy MVI Disc? If so, I for some reason don't have Given Up]

Wal-Mart:
What I've Done
Breaking the Habit

Third Encore:
No More Sorrow
Given Up (Censored)
MISSING: What I've Done (Where was it released? Germany iTunes and Google Store? If so, I don't have this)

Circuit City:
Faint
What I've Done

Need audio rips from the video for:
(If someone just wanted to post straight audio rips for these so I can sort them into folders, since I have never ripped them)

Best Buy:
What I've Done

Stripped:
All 5 songs

Wal-Mart:
All 5 songs

AT&T Blue Room:
What I've Done

AOL Sessions:
All 6 songs

Yeah, the tracks from the BestBuy version aren't from the BestBuy performance. There's only What I've Done (video) available from that performance as far as I know. We have the videos from the MVI Disc listed as being from the Third Encore performance. The audio of Given Up was released in the tour edition of MTM and No More Sorrow was released in the SOTD single. If I recall corretly, the BestBuy bonus tracks were believed to be from the AOL performance. The iTunes bonus track (What I've Done only) was believed to be from AOL as well. The Wal-Mart edition bonus tracks are believed to be from the Wal-Mart performance. The Circuit City bonus tracks are a completely different performance which we only discovered years later and created a new page for it. The No More Sorrow promo CD is believed to be from Stripped Music.

13 What I've Done (Live).m4aOk so I have WID from Third Encore which was a bonus track for MTM in May 2007 when it first came out. It came with that and NRL. I'll upload the WID from iTunes. I also have a video of WID from Best Buy (this was the very first release of any rehearsal performances because I was in LA at the time that it came out and I remember playing it over and over again). It's on my old YouTube though, that's the problem, the quality is quite shitty, but still. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else before. I saved it to my YouTube a long time ago but the video I originally had was saved on my old computer from April 2007.

WID from Best Buy.

Edited by Garret

3 hours ago, Hahninator said:

MISSING: What I've Done (Where was it released? Germany iTunes and Google Store? If so, I don't have this)

At the time when I found it, I though it was only on iTunes and Google Play Store, but later I have noticed that it is also on Amazon and Juno. I can post all the links, besides Google Play, so you can check them all: iTunes, Amazon, Juno. And it is available only in Germany.

And this is the show page for it: https://lplive.net/shows/2007/20070314/ - the same show page is for the WID from BestBuy edition.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

...The iTunes bonus track (What I've Done only)...

A bonus track? You mean bonus track from this edition? Yeah, the show page is also 2007.03.14, if we assume that there were more than one rehearsal on the same day and both were recorded, because the song is a different version from the one above.

Edited by martinez

So the live single is AOL and the MTM bonus is Third Encore?

Minutes To Midnight - MVI Disc

13. What I've Done (Third Encore)

14. No More Sorrow (Third Encore)

15. Given Up (Third Encore)

Minutes To Midnight (iTunes)

13. What I've Done (Third Encore)

Minutes To Midnight (BestBuy)

13. What I've Done (AOL)

14. No More Sorrow (AOL)

15. Given Up (AOL)

Minutes To Midnight (Wal-Mart)

13. Breaking The Habit (Wal-Mart)

14. What I've Done (Wal-Mart)

Minites To Midnight (Circuit City)

13. Faint (Circuit City)

14. What I've Done (Circuit City)

Minutes To Midnight (Tour Edition)

15. Given Up (Third Encore)

What I've Done (Live) - Single

01. What I've Done (AOL)

No More Sorrow (Live) - Promo

01. No More Sorrow (Stripped)

Shadow Of The Day - Single

03. No More Sorrow (Third Encore)

Compilation - Promo

12. In The End (Wal-Mart)

13. Pushing Me Away (Wal-Mart)

Is everything correct?

12 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I already noticed that there is no scratch in the intro in this video and live bonus track from MTM has the scratch in the intro.

I'm still checking it.

It's definitely different version. Chester even sings "for what I've done" longer in the Third Encore version.

You can compare those two snippets: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3tyzb3

Edited by martinez

7 hours ago, martinez said:

I already noticed that there is no scratch in the intro in this video and live bonus track from MTM has the scratch in the intro.

I'm still checking it.

It's definitely different version. Chester even sings "for what I've done" longer in the Third Encore version.

You can compare those two snippets: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3tyzb3

Based on these snippets, it sounds a lot like the bonus track is from the Circuit City performance. The single sounds like the AT&T performance to me.

Here are all the performances in case anyone else wants to compare them:

Third Encore

Stripped

Circuit City

Wal-Mart

BestBuy

AOL

- AT&T

On 10/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, Hahninator said:

The Best Buy/Circuit City What I've Done are different.

Here is what I have:

Audio:

AOL Sessions:
What I've Done
No More Sorrow
MISSING: Given Up (Where was it released?) [Minutes To Midnight Best Buy MVI Disc? If so, I for some reason don't have Given Up]

Wal-Mart:
What I've Done
Breaking the Habit

Third Encore:
No More Sorrow
Given Up (Censored)

Circuit City:
Faint
What I've Done

Need audio rips from the video for:
(If someone just wanted to post straight audio rips for these so I can sort them into folders, since I have never ripped them)

Best Buy:
What I've Done

Stripped:
All 5 songs

Wal-Mart:
All 5 songs

AT&T Blue Room:
What I've Done

AOL Sessions:
All 6 songs

Stripped: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hd0pp7k91a9z8bs/Live_Stripped_Music_Performance_2007.zip/file

Wal-Mart: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ecwqlfjonigq97b/Live_Wal-Mart_Soundcheck_Performance_2007.zip/file

AOL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dz3h6iaq8il989t/Live_AOL_Sessions_2007.zip/file