Sign in to follow this  
bloodbath

2013 bootlegs

IMO, the best one from 2013 is Chiba which is available on the LPL download page.

Another good one is this show:

Other than those, there isn't much that is good to listen to. Edited by Geki

Yeah it was. SSMF was cool but the recording is largely incomplete and not good quality. A DSP of the show would have been good.

Edited by Geki

Weak performances? Or weak in terms of recordings? Because I just watched that Sydney show and they kick huge ass. Looking back, they were on fire in 2013.

I thought the person meant weak in terms of not much touring and lack of recordings, etc. The band sounded pretty good in 2013. Sydney and Chiba that I recommended are both good. I saw the band in 2013 at SSMF and they sounded good, I just wish there was a full good quality recording, because the incomplete recording doesn't showcase that, IMO. At the actual show, the band sounded badass. It wasn't my favorite year that I saw them by any means but it was pretty good. I've seen the band personally in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. I'd probably rank them like this for the years that I saw them:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them in 2015 (cancelled tour) and 2017 (cancelled tour), but they sounded good in those years, IMO. 2009 was a good year but they didn't play the U.S. except for Pomona which is across the entire country from me. 2009 was an epic year for the people who saw it or traveled, etc. And of course prior to 2007, they sounded badass, but I wasn't lucky enough to see them back then, even though I became a fan in 2003. 2007 was perfection to me because each show that I went to in 2007 sounded amazing, and I think every DSP and recording from 2007 is amazing ,too. There isn't a bad show from that year, I swear. 2012 was my second favorite because once again, I thought the shows that I went to were perfect. 2012 was just a solid year for the band, IMO, because LT is also my second favorite LP album and the tour was amazing. 2008 and 2013 were the other tour years for MTM and LT and even though I loved them, they weren't as good as 2007 and 2012. 2010 was better than 2011, IMO. 2014 was just kind of boring and shitty to me, that's just me, I know a lot of people liked 2014 for the shows. I hated the set in 2014 at Carnivores and the band just felt uninspired to me, like why was only 5 songs from THP played and why was more than half of the set not even rock songs? Also, no banter at all, if it weren't for the ice bucket challenges at 2 of my shows, there would have been no banter or crowd interaction.

Edited by Geki

2013 was a big wasted opportunity to make up that fall "canceled" European headlining tour. They were looking at it for April 2013. For some reason they just didn't end up doing it. Europe definitely needed a full-on tour and then that may have lead them to do another short USA run that year too. Living Things sure didn't have a big touring cycle, and those were great setlists too.

2013 was a big wasted opportunity to make up that fall "canceled" European headlining tour. They were looking at it for April 2013. For some reason they just didn't end up doing it. Europe definitely needed a full-on tour and then that may have lead them to do another short USA run that year too. Living Things sure didn't have a big touring cycle, and those were great setlists too.

It's funny you say that, because I just watched some interview from 2012 like a week ago or so, and Chester was asked what the touring for 2013 looked like, and he said some Europe, some U.S., Australia, and Asia. LOL. I'll try and find it. But yeah, it needed some Europe. 2012 Europe was cool but it was part of the promo IMO, it only has 2 songs from LT, that's it. LT did have a short cycle which I don't understand why since BID was huge and LT was a number one album, but Europe should have got a proper tour, and US should have probably got a second tour, too.

Chester joining STP in March 2013 could have potentially fucked up the touring for LT. Maybe the band just said fuck it, we don't need to do another Europe tour, we'll let Chester do his STP and we'll take a break until August with SSMF and Asia.

Edited by Geki

Why the fuck did WMG block that Sydney show posted in the thread on YouTube??? For a fucking fan recorded bootleg low quality concert? Man I wish LP left that label in 2005 like they wanted to.

17 hours ago, GarretLP said:

Why the fuck did WMG block that Sydney show posted in the thread on YouTube??? For a fucking fan recorded bootleg low quality concert? Man I wish LP left that label in 2005 like they wanted to.

at least in your case only sydney.

here in malaysia, even some sources in the show page, posted on youtube, is blocked to show.