"Looking for an Answer" (Brand New Song)

Stranger

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked this out. Sounds decent. I want to hear it when the song is done in a studio form or final form, etc. It was my favorite song of the entire Hollywood Bowl show, this and the other songs that Mike sang solo. I didn't really like any of the guests, I know it was done to honor Chester, but I don't want anyone that isn't one of the 6 members of LP to sing LP songs (5 members now). Anyone else feel that way?

I didn't really like any of the guests, I know it was done to honor Chester, but I don't want anyone that isn't one of the 6 members of LP to sing LP songs (5 members now). Anyone else feel that way?

Felt the same way, whether they were male or female. But some were just awefull (Gavin and Alannis included)

I liked the asian dude and Oli Sykes though

I guess we are LP purists and that's OK.

Felt the same way, whether they were male or female. But some were just awefull (Gavin and Alannis included)

I liked the asian dude and Oli Sykes though

I guess we are LP purists and that's OK.

Yeah, I agree with your entire post. I tried at one point to give the guests another chance when I listened again but now I just hate it. Mike was the best, I hope when LP starts up again, it's an entire set of Mike just singing songs. He can do most of the songs LP have ever written, except for the super screamy ones like Given Up. Oli Sykes was actually probably the only one that I enjoyed, but I still prefer Shinoda over anyone else now that Chester is gone.

Edited by Geki

It's always interesting to me to hear other peoples' opinions. It's a reminder how diverse the fanbase is and how opinions are all over the place. Remember that time Mike said a "majority" of LP fans are "gamers"? I don't think I've ever met an LP fan that plays video games, lol, nor have I heard of someone playing them. I guess his opinion on that is why they decided to put songs into games. Remember that guy at the Camden LPU Summit who said "can you please pick a better game to put a song into?" or something, LOL

For the 10/27 show literally the only guest I didn't like was Oli, lmao. That's pretty funny. I thought Gavin nailed LOATR. I know everyone has different opinions, it was just funny that you said Oli was your favorite. Nothing wrong with that. The show was just a tribute to Chester and that was the only way they could play all of those songs plus all of those guests loved Chester. Really weird Leto didn't come and it sucks Papa Roach couldn't cancel their European dates so Jacoby could come. Besides Jay-Z playing a show in Anaheim and those other two... they got everyone obvious. Maybe Corey Taylor. Who knows, it was done well though in my opinion.

It's always interesting to me to hear other peoples' opinions. It's a reminder how diverse the fanbase is and how opinions are all over the place. Remember that time Mike said a "majority" of LP fans are "gamers"? I don't think I've ever met an LP fan that plays video games, lol, nor have I heard of someone playing them. I guess his opinion on that is why they decided to put songs into games. Remember that guy at the Camden LPU Summit who said "can you please pick a better game to put a song into?" or something, LOL

For the 10/27 show literally the only guest I didn't like was Oli, lmao. That's pretty funny. I thought Gavin nailed LOATR. I know everyone has different opinions, it was just funny that you said Oli was your favorite. Nothing wrong with that. The show was just a tribute to Chester and that was the only way they could play all of those songs plus all of those guests loved Chester. Really weird Leto didn't come and it sucks Papa Roach couldn't cancel their European dates so Jacoby could come. Besides Jay-Z playing a show in Anaheim and those other two... they got everyone obvious. Maybe Corey Taylor. Who knows, it was done well though in my opinion.

I don't think any guest I would have liked, no matter how big or small. Like I said, I just like Linkin Park to play Linkin Park songs. Now that Chester has passed away, I consider Linkin Park as Mike, Brad, Joe, Rob and Phoenix, and that's it. I won't accept a replacement for Chester or anyone else joining the band. Linkin Park has always been the six guys to me. And you can say Xero had a different singer, which Xero did. But as far as LINKIN PARK, it was always just the same six guys, because they chose the name Linkin Park in 2000, Chester actually picked the band name. But yeah, everyone is different. I don't game. I used to play a lot of video games when I was younger, and I like those, but I haven't liked a game since, all the games that I liked were made in the 90's. I also have never met a hardcore gamer that is a Linkin Park fan. I don't think you can really generalize a fanbase, though, cuz nowadays everyone is diverse and it isn't as High School clique oriented as it once was with people. I wasn't saying that the Hollywood Bowl show was bad by any means, I just didn't like the guests, especially the female guests. but it was very well done and a nice tribute. I think what matters is that a lot of musicians who liked Chester got to pay tribute to him. I think that's what it was about. I know some of the guests never even knew Chester personally, M. Shadows said he didn't know Chester personally, etc. But a lot of them wanted to pay tribute to him.

Edited by Geki

Dude, I've been in a group chat with you for like 2 and a half years lol

I don't think I've ever met an LP fan that plays video games, lol, nor have I heard of someone playing them.

Even I know you met people who play video games (including me) :-D

Gaming is much more mainstream nowadays and I think a lot of people play video games even if they don't talk about it because it is such a common thing to do.

The only song that I NEVER want to be played again is BTH. It's so raw and emotional... that's Chester's song. Just watched the video Warren uploaded over a month ago, of BTH from Chester's final show, and wow. We know BTH meant a lot to Chester because Chester has been saying it since 2003. He even said he broke down crying while recording the vocals in the studio back in 2002. Smokeout Festival 2003 being the first performance of the song, he said it took him a long time to be able to play it live and he cried at that first performance. It's always been a really emotional song for him. And it's crazy how much the lyrics really do relate to his life. In the final performance he did of the song, at the final show, you could almost see it in Chester's eyes. And he did something weird during the ''Now I have some clarity to show you what I mean'' line. Like, I never want to see Mike or anyone sing this song. I don't think Mike would even want to, he knew how much it meant to Chester too, as Mike has said. But if they do get a new singer, I never want that singer to sing BTH.

Edited by Geki

I actually agree with him, and not only for games but for geek culture in general. Just look at the amount of AMVs on Youtube with Linkin Park as soundtrack, and there was also Transformers to help create that bridge between the band and geeks

Edited by Kilmer

I actually agree with him, and not only for games but for geek culture in general. Just look at the amount of AMVs on Youtube with Linkin Park as soundtrack, and there was also Transformers to help create that bridge between the band and geeks

Actually, you have a point. I think it also makes a huge difference in what LP we're talking about, too. The LP of the 2000's, you could ALWAYS find a shit ton of DBZ videos and anime videos and game videos, etc. all using HT and Meteora songs. Then with Transformers in 2007, like you said, plus LOATR being in Twilight, etc. You had the band loving Halo 1, 2 and 3 in the 2000's, even doing press for Halo in 2007, etc. They had regula Halo tournaments on tour throughout 2003-2008 (last one was that PR08 one with Hawthorne Heights, and on PR07 with PR vs. Warped Tour, remember that) LP was kind of a nerd band. The 2010's LP is a bit different and more indie-ish I guess, I feel like their albums after MTM cater to a different group of listeners entirely.

• 11 months later...

It has now been a year since Mike posted the video in the studio of Looking For An Answer. At that time, he said he sent it to Linkin Park to look at and that Rob was going to work on drums for it. That really took it out of "Post Traumatic" consideration for me as I interpreted it as a Linkin Park song at that time. But music is obviously interchangeable between the two, as Mike released Place To Start and Make It Up As I Go (both from the OML sessions).

What do you think happens with the song?

There are a lot of rumblings from Phoenix and Mike about wanting to continue Linkin Park one day and they both say they "think" Linkin Park will make music again sometime.

Mike is also working on new music right now but he said LFAA didn't fit with Post Traumatic. Inevitably, it likely will not fit with the new music he's writing as he is moving forward subject-wise on music (you can see that with PT too).

He mentioned in an interview this year that he has addressed the situation with his solo music, but Linkin Park had not addressed it with music yet. Do you think they are saving it for possible Linkin Park consideration if/when the band returns?

It would be an awesome first song to release.

The only song that I NEVER want to be played again is BTH. It's so raw and emotional... that's Chester's song. Just watched the video Warren uploaded over a month ago, of BTH from Chester's final show, and wow. We know BTH meant a lot to Chester because Chester has been saying it since 2003. He even said he broke down crying while recording the vocals in the studio back in 2002. Smokeout Festival 2003 being the first performance of the song, he said it took him a long time to be able to play it live and he cried at that first performance. It's always been a really emotional song for him. And it's crazy how much the lyrics really do relate to his life. In the final performance he did of the song, at the final show, you could almost see it in Chester's eyes. And he did something weird during the ''Now I have some clarity to show you what I mean'' line. Like, I never want to see Mike or anyone sing this song. I don't think Mike would even want to, he knew how much it meant to Chester too, as Mike has said. But if they do get a new singer, I never want that singer to sing BTH.

Mike even said he won't play BTH.

It has now been a year since Mike posted the video in the studio of Looking For An Answer. At that time, he said he sent it to Linkin Park to look at and that Rob was going to work on drums for it. That really took it out of "Post Traumatic" consideration for me as I interpreted it as a Linkin Park song at that time. But music is obviously interchangeable between the two, as Mike released Place To Start and Make It Up As I Go (both from the OML sessions).

What do you think happens with the song?

There are a lot of rumblings from Phoenix and Mike about wanting to continue Linkin Park one day and they both say they "think" Linkin Park will make music again sometime.

Mike is also working on new music right now but he said LFAA didn't fit with Post Traumatic. Inevitably, it likely will not fit with the new music he's writing as he is moving forward subject-wise on music (you can see that with PT too).

He mentioned in an interview this year that he has addressed the situation with his solo music, but Linkin Park had not addressed it with music yet. Do you think they are saving it for possible Linkin Park consideration if/when the band returns?

It would be an awesome first song to release.

I think it very well could be a one time 'special' song, maybe there will be a studio release on an LPU CD like QWERTY had? I could honestly see it getting the QWERTY treatment

What do you think about.....

APFMH no guests... Mike does verses and chorus..... playback vocals from Chester from bridge to the end.

I think that they don’t need to play all these heavy songs. If they want to do a few, let the crowd sing the parts that Mike can’t/won’t. The band has so many songs that they can do. Mike’s touring throughout 2018 has shown so many opportunities. And they can also write a new album and play all of those songs, too. It will be different but obviously it will be, anyone that expects the band to be the same as before 7/20 is crazy.