2017.10.27 - Los Angeles, CA (Chester Bennington Celebration)

RogueSoul

LPU was primarly for the early entry, presale ticket or summits, do you guys think LP will go on tour in 2018? They still look uncomfortable and kinda in sadness, so I highly doubt...Hollywood Bowl 2017 is the only show from their catalog I want never watch again. LPU will maybe change a lot but I believe Mike would not have let it quietly go away.

There were zero LP live performances for the entire LPU 15 calendar year. LPU 5 got the Japan 2006 shows and nothing else. It's not unprecedented.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LPU was primarly for the early entry, presale ticket or summits, do you guys think LP will go on tour in 2018? They still look uncomfortable and kinda in sadness, so I highly doubt...Hollywood Bowl 2017 is the only show from their catalog I want never watch again. LPU will maybe change a lot but I believe Mike would not have let it quietly go away.

There have been years where LP barely toured at all. Like Astat mentioned, the entire year of LPU15. And some years before that had very minimal touring... look at 2005 and 2006, for example. 2009 and 2013 didn't have worldwide tours, either. I don't think this is true at all, though. LPU wasn't only for the tour stuff like that. Many people don't even go to shows, not everybody is like all hardcore fans who go to every tour. People still enjoy the package, and not just the CD, the shirt, the items that come with it, etc. And I haven't used the LPU message board since like 2008 but I know it exists and people still use it. Also, exclusive LPU videos, etc. I think that we will get something from the band by November 2018, when LPU18 would drop. I think the LPU is cool in the fact that it brings together fans, I can see them continuing it. All they have to do is pick like 10 or 12 demos from the vault which takes like a day, and all the merch is probably pitched to the band and they OK it if they like it. I think they'll do it. It would be cool if they dedicated LPU17 package to Chester, had it centered around him or something, who knows? I don't think we should rule it out that LPU17 won't come eventually.

There were zero LP live performances for the entire LPU 15 calendar year. LPU 5 got the Japan 2006 shows and nothing else. It's not unprecedented.

pay 25$ for the bundle in 2005/06 and recieve zero live performances is okay but pay 65$+overpriced shipping and no touring, no summits is meh

pay 25$ for the bundle in 2005/06 and recieve zero live performances is okay but pay 65$+overpriced shipping and no touring, no summits is meh

Yeah but the LPU isn't only just about the live stuff. There is an entire package that comes with a membership each year and a lot of exclusive online content and music (well, as exclusive as it can be, but people upload it everywhere). I joined LPU for the first time in like December of 2003, right around when LPU3 dropped, and I would say up until like LPU9, the merch package was my favorite part of it. Then the music.

I've been front row for a lot of shows but it really doesn't matter to me. I have also had far back seats and lawn a few times at shows and have enjoyed them just as much. So the whole early entry thing and shit didn't really matter to me, because a show is fun no matter what. I know some people love that but it isn't the ONLY thing about LPU. I would renew this year if they had just a package and music.

The video of the livestream was replaced. The 15 minutes of nothingness were removed from the beginning and also it sounds like they "fixed" Numb. Not sure what else has changed.

Edit:

Seems like they also fixed Oli Sykes part. Can someone confirm that the mix in general is different?

Also the times they put underneath the video are not correct anymore.

There also seems to be some color correction going on and video quality improved in general. I think they overhauled the show a lot.

Edited by graveguard