Time Capsule

Geki

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is an LPTV or some video, I remember seeing it, and it has a few seconds of them rehearsing at (Ryan's house?) for the Let Down 2005 performance. Anyone know which video I'm talking about?

Yeah, I remember seeing photos from it or maybe video like you said. I don't think it's LPTV, although there was an LPTV episode from 2009 where Chester plays Let Down for Ryan, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfaliKQKkQ4

But that clearly isn't from 2005. The picture shown in that collage is 100% from 2005 and is likely them rehearsing it for REact Now.

Yep, I can confirm that photo was on julienk.com around 2006 along with a few similar ones and photos from the actual React Now! performance. Chester had a broken arm.

They weren't downloadable, but I remember screening them. Doesn't look like I still have them though.

Where I can listen to Chester's songs?

Still not out yet, so nowhere at the moment. He is also heard on the demo ''Shaking'' from the DTA era.

I've never seen these pictures. Hopefully someone still has them as I'd love to see them

Keep in mind that these pictures of Chester hanging out could have literally just been him hanging out. He literally lived in Ryan’s house where Julien-K writes and records all their music, he lived there for like a year back in 2005 and shit. Ryan said he also taught him how to sing and he also helped with some of the songs on DTA back in 2004-2006. He probably sang them all at one point. Don’t forget that Chester was also the executive producer for DTA. He was an important part of Julien-K from like 2004-2007.

You're right. We should be thankful Ryan and Amir were in his life in such a big way in 2004. That really is what saved him in 2005. He was with JK working on DTA and then Ryan heard him sing a solo song himself... bam it's on. Snow White Tan. That pulled Chester out of the mess he was in at the time.

Anyway they just posted on Instagram - "SOON" for the Time Capsule.

You're right. We should be thankful Ryan and Amir were in his life in such a big way in 2004. That really is what saved him in 2005. He was with JK working on DTA and then Ryan heard him sing a solo song himself... bam it's on. Snow White Tan. That pulled Chester out of the mess he was in at the time.

Anyway they just posted on Instagram - "SOON" for the Time Capsule.

Yeah, man, we should be thankful... I remember reading a ton of interviews with Chester saying he was suicidal and what not in 2004, 2005, 2006. He also said 2005 was the worst he ever got with his drinking, so much that he couldn't even leave the house. And in 2006, he started doing drugs again, as well as drinking. He says that in Inked Magazine from 2008. He met Talinda through Ryan and Amir and he ended up marrying her and eventually, Talinda called everyone in Linkin Park (probably mid 2006 I would assume, maybe June, and also possibly ever ''Chester left the house with a gun after drinking heavily'' as Talinda told police. Chester said everyone in Linkin Park told him how much they loved him and he ended up getting help and overcame his addictions. As far as I know, he was clean up until late 2015, as he also said in an interview for OML. I have all of these interviews where Chester flat out talks about all of this stuff, so I don't think it's wrong to talk about. I do think TMZ was fucked up for releasing his autopsy, but we all know that Chester struggled with addiction and suicidal thoughts for many years, etc., he always talked about it all. I'm happy Ryan and Amir were there for him, as well as a LP and Talinda. But as we know, the demons eventually took over.... so sad to think.

And that's awesome. Can't wait to hear Time Capsule..... finally. Gonna be epic.

I think Talinda extended his life by at least eleven years, and LP/Ryan/Amir all had a significant part in that as well. People being rude to Talinda, like Samantha, is completely uncalled for. Samantha has completely lost her mind. If she's against Talinda, Machine Shop, WBR, and LP, then she's clearly the oddball out. She even said the 10/27 show wasn't very good. I thought it was an incredible tribute to Chester for the fans. She seems to not understand it was for the fans, not for Chester's ex-wife and kids. Jesus.

I think Talinda extended his life by at least eleven years, and LP/Ryan/Amir all had a significant part in that as well. People being rude to Talinda, like Samantha, is completely uncalled for. Samantha has completely lost her mind. If she's against Talinda, Machine Shop, WBR, and LP, then she's clearly the oddball out. She even said the 10/27 show wasn't very good. I thought it was an incredible tribute to Chester for the fans. She seems to not understand it was for the fans, not for Chester's ex-wife and kids. Jesus.

Yeah dude, I agree. I think Chester was pretty much done with life by 2006 but Talinda helped pull him out of the dark. It could possibly be why MTM had some really dark songs, as we know Chester actually contributed a lot to that record, like OML. I don't hate Sam, but it is uncalled for. Sam was married to Chester for 9 years and also knew him for a while before that, before all the fame and stuff too, keep in mind. I think they both are going through really hard times right now. But yeah, I totally agree with you on all of that. The fans lost someone too, you know? I think it was a good tribute and it helped the fans heal as well. She shouldn't be saying that stuff... it's all just a mess.

New update on Time Capsule:

posted by Ryan Shuck

Dec 13, 2017 • 12:24PM PST

WE ARE GETTING SO F____ING CLOSE

We have been pushing and pushing the manufacturer to get this package done! We got some discouraging news that one of the vendors we use either went out of business or merged w another company which has added a delay for us and possibly some pricing issues on our end, but were handing it. Really hoping to get this done and shipped before X-Mas but we'll see! Cross your fingers! Regardless we are so excited to get the out to you. And you know what else I'm excited for? STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! (hahaha obviously this is Ryan). Thank you again for being so patient as we put together this epic package - which is actually DONE and in the manufactures hands....... now. ...... STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS !!!

New update on Time Capsule:

posted by Ryan Shuck

Dec 13, 2017 • 12:24PM PST

WE ARE GETTING SO F____ING CLOSE

We have been pushing and pushing the manufacturer to get this package done! We got some discouraging news that one of the vendors we use either went out of business or merged w another company which has added a delay for us and possibly some pricing issues on our end, but were handing it. Really hoping to get this done and shipped before X-Mas but we'll see! Cross your fingers! Regardless we are so excited to get the out to you. And you know what else I'm excited for? STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! (hahaha obviously this is Ryan). Thank you again for being so patient as we put together this epic package - which is actually DONE and in the manufactures hands....... now. ...... STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS !!!

Hope we can get it before Christmas. Would be a nice gift for me. Lol.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...

Meant to post this yesterday looks like 2 more weeks wait and then the TC's will start shipping :)

Here's the source in case anyone's wondering:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be3TnntjGRw/

Also, some more information from the Facebook chat:

- They have been working on this project for two years;

- A limited amount of CDs will be available in the official store;

- A digital release will happen about a month or two after the physical release;

- There's a dedicatory to Chester at the end of the booklet;

- "Future Retrospective" was a tentative title for the Dead By Sunrise album;

- They asked Chester for permission to use this title as well as the live tracks featuring him;

- The next campaign might be for a California Noir vinyl;

- They're still not sure if Harmonic Disruptor will be an EP or a full album;

- They would love to work with Mike Shinoda again and said they will give him a call.

Really interesting info. Finally it's about to ship.

Next campaign needs to be for the JK/DBS video archive they have, to make that into a documentary.

Also to add to your list: They called Jonathan Davis and asked if they could open his solo tour.

Really interesting info. Finally it's about to ship.

Next campaign needs to be for the JK/DBS video archive they have, to make that into a documentary.

Also to add to your list: They called Jonathan Davis and asked if they could open his solo tour.

Funny you say this, Ryan recorded every DBS show on the European tour on his camcorder (on a tripod) - would be nice to get some of these released!

Meh. I'd rather have all the DBS demos from 2005-2008 that are just sitting around and collecting dust instead. Some sick shit in those. All the original 2005 and 2006 demos are probably extremely badass and probably blow away ''Out Of Ashes'' entirely.

Meh. I'd rather have all the DBS demos from 2005-2008 that are just sitting around and collecting dust instead. Some sick shit in those. All the original 2005 and 2006 demos are probably extremely badass and probably blow away ''Out Of Ashes'' entirely.

I'm with you on that, I'd much rather hear some unheard studio stuff from that period. Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I don't think DBS was particularly good live. The vocal production was so layered on the album that they couldn't really pull a lot of it off live, and Ryan's voice never blended very well with Chester's when he tried doing harmonies. My Suffering was always a jam because it was so straightforward, but a lot of the other songs didn't translate well.

I'm with you on that, I'd much rather hear some unheard studio stuff from that period. Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I don't think DBS was particularly good live. The vocal production was so layered on the album that they couldn't really pull a lot of it off live, and Ryan's voice never blended very well with Chester's when he tried doing harmonies. My Suffering was always a jam because it was so straightforward, but a lot of the other songs didn't translate well.

I don't know if I came across as a dick in my post or not, but I probably did. Lol. I agree with you about DBS live. I saw DBS live twice and I wasn't 100% impressed. And I've listened to a lot of their live recordings and stuff, too. I think they were a band that was much better in the studio. Some songs did translate decently, I agree. But a lot of them didn't. There are some exceptions, for example, I'd love to hear the full Steve Wyrick set, or the Club Tattoo 2008 set in HQ, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. The 2005 demos, on the other hand, exist and are recorded, and have been collecting dust since probably 2005. Lol.

Out Of Ashes, while I love it for what it is, it's not as good as it could have been. The album was 90% done in December of 2005, according to Chester and Amir at the time. They waited until late 2009 to release the album. I know writing Minutes To Midnight, releasing Minutes To Midnight and doing a lot of touring for Minutes To Midnight took up a lot of time for Chester, but it also kind of messed with the album, IMO. They wrote Inside Of Me, Condemned and completely re-worked Fire and Too Late and a few others songs in 2008. Anyone remember the original My Suffering for example? The original lyrics that we were shown for Fire and Too Late were both DRASTICALLY different, they were much more dark and emotional. They also obviously re-recorded vocals for each song, which sucked, because Chester in 2005 was eons away from Chester in 2008/2009, his voice was almost like a different person, IMO. I bet the original DBS recordings from 2005 were very different, even just on the vocal tracks alone.

As a fan of it way back in 2005, I literally watched Let Down from REact Now in 2005 on TV, as I'm sure you and many other people here did, I know the original music was probably much better. I wish the album came out in late 2005 like it was originally planned, like when Fort Minor released their stuff. Chester and Mike could have both done those albums and toured for those albums before Minutes To Midnight came to be and it would have been epic as hell. I know Chester was going through a lot at that time, getting divorced and remarried in the same year, nearly drinking himself to death, etc. but still. He drank heavily on Linkin Park tours in 2000-2004 as well so it wouldn't have been much different, especially since the album wouldn't have had as drastic of touring as Linkin Park did.

I feel like DBS was a moment in time, 2005. Whenever I think of the band, I think of 2005 and that time frame. I don't think of 2009 and 2010 and shit like that. It was basically an album that was created in 2005 and shelved for years, and then eventually released later with a bunch of drastic changes from the final product. Call me OCD or whatever, but I just would prefer the ORIGINAL content.

I don't think Warner would own that stuff, would they? The original 2005 demos and shit? I know they own Out Of Ashes and the Howard Benson recording sessions but how can they possibly own the 2005 stuff? It would be really cool if Ryan and Amir could released some of it. Hell, give us like a 10 song digital release even, of the 2005 stuff. I'd love that and would gladly pay for it. I wouldn't even need a physical product, which is more taxing for them anyways. I know there probably isn't a drastic demand for the 2005 stuff, but I know myself, and a lot of people on LPL and stuff might be interested in hearing it. They had some good songs. Walking In Circles is like one of my favorite songs of all time, even the 2009 version. I'd love to hear the original, even if it was the same lyrics. You know?

Edited by Geki

new update from Ryan!

mjtmakhawps11rn93yyo.jpg

posted by Ryan Shuck

Feb 19, 2018 • 12:30PM PST

TODAY IS THE DAY!!

HI Guys,

We are all together today beginning the massive shipping operation! So, fortunately/unfortunately we CAN NOT MAKE ANY MORE CHANGES to orders!! The system is "locked" now so I just want to make it super clear so no one is surprised :) :) :)

We have taken nearly 100 changes of various kinds and we are reviewing them all right now so we get it all perfect for you guys! We tried to take careful and organized notes because you guys have been so patient in allowing us the time we needed to finish this mega-pack we really want to make you all smile soon!!! (maybe days even????)

I can't WAIT to hear what you guys think of this material and merch!!

We are - as usual - beyond grateful for YOU.

Talk soon!

- The K

new update from Ryan!

mjtmakhawps11rn93yyo.jpg

posted by Ryan Shuck

Feb 19, 2018 • 12:30PM PST

TODAY IS THE DAY!!

HI Guys,

We are all together today beginning the massive shipping operation! So, fortunately/unfortunately we CAN NOT MAKE ANY MORE CHANGES to orders!! The system is "locked" now so I just want to make it super clear so no one is surprised :) :) :)

We have taken nearly 100 changes of various kinds and we are reviewing them all right now so we get it all perfect for you guys! We tried to take careful and organized notes because you guys have been so patient in allowing us the time we needed to finish this mega-pack we really want to make you all smile soon!!! (maybe days even????)

I can't WAIT to hear what you guys think of this material and merch!!

We are - as usual - beyond grateful for YOU.

Talk soon!

- The K

Sweet. Hope to get it in the mail this week.

yeah those demos, I bet they were really dark and personal. I d love them too