2017.07.03 - London, ENG (Night 1)

We're on the final ropes - and things are about to get really interesting. Linkin Park is gearing up for the UK Leg of their One More Light European Tour and have quite a big surprise in store for the fans. The leg is beginning with the first of two nights in London at the grand O2 Arena!

Linkin Park has played London a load of times - in fact, it's their second-most played in city, clocking in at 27 total performances (including Night 2 tomorrow), meaning it falls just 1 show short of the band's hometown of Los Angeles which boasts 28 shows. Mike and Chester visited London earlier this year for 'Heavy' promo (and the announcement of the UK Leg), performing one show at the YouTube Space in London and another for Warner Bros U.K. Stripped down versions of 'Burn It Down' and 'Battle Symphony' were played between the two shows, and Swedish/Moroccan vocalist Sofia Karlberg joined them for 'Heavy' for the YouTube performance.

The last FULL BAND performances in London were in 2014, two nights closing out the European Leg of The Hunting Party tour. Aaron Pauley and Austin Carlile of (and formerly of) Of Mice & Men joined the band for the Ballad Medley and 'Faint' respectively. The band performed Set B at the first show (which featured the 2014 Version of 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You,' 'With You,' and 'Somewhere I Belong'), and played Set A at the second show (which boasted 'Points Of Authority' and 'Crawling'), but the second night had a few fun twists! Brad's guitar tech Benjamin Chandler came out for a guitar solo at the end of 'What I've Done,' and the band took a page out of Thirty Seconds To Mars' book and invited fans onstage for the last song, 'Bleed It Out.' Talk about a way to end off a tour! Linkin Park didn't return in 2015, but Mike did with Fort Minor, playing the latest FM show with a fully fleshed out setlist including a remix of 'High Voltage' and even an impromptu request section in the encore with 'There They Go' and 'A Place For My Head.'

London has always had some really great moments go on at the shows. Since there are 27 of them, I won't detail them all (no one's reading this in the first place, don't want to give you a textbook to skim over :P), so here are some unforgettable highlights over the years: the band performing a cover of 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adele at the iTunes Festival in 2011, hosting the first LPU Summit in London 2010, Mike singing a short cover of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' in 2008, impromptu performances of 'A.06' and 'A Place For My Head' in 2003, and performing all of Hybrid Theory at the Brixton Academy (where they play tomorrow) in 2001 (though not in order as they did in England in 2014). Oh, and don't forget Chester showing off his Superman underwear before the end of the show in 2007. A classic moment. Needless to say, Linkin Park's history in London has been nothing short of awesome.

Never forget Chester and Mike's intimate cover of 'Rolling In The Deep' at the iTunes Festival in 2011. A pretty unique moment in Linkin Park's live history!

The band's most recent show was at the Rock Werchter festival in Belgium, and it was certainly came with a few surprises! The most shocking was the fact we actually got a livestream! It was confirmed last minute by the festival as management gave them the okay, bringing the livestream count up to a whopping three this tour (that's a record!), the other two being in Monza and the Southside Festival. The setlist came with its variations: the 'Battle Symphony' / 'Nobody Can Save Me' slot being dropped, verse one of 'A Place For My Head' over the ending of 'Castle Of Glass,' 'Somewhere I Belong' in the heavy rotation, and, most notably, 'Faint' returning to the closing spot in the setlist. Lots of great things for another unique setlist for the tour!

Something great about this European Tour is that more or less every single show has had a different setlist in some way, shape, or form. Well, that's definitely going to stay consistent here. The big buzz about the UK shows has been the recent announcement that the band will be playing an extra long set in the UK. There's no opening acts for this show, so the band will take the stage at 8:30 PM and keep going until 11:00 PM, as opposed to the standard 9:10 PM start. That's an extra forty minutes of set time. That's enough for up to 6 or 7 more songs! The big question about it is what the band will do to fill in the slots.

The predictions are definitely varied. Most of you are pretty adamant that nothing significant will change in the setlist; that is, we'll see the standard full setlist with all the rotation slots plus 'Sharp Edges' in the encore. It's a solid conclusion to draw, taking into consideration Chester's voice (and the fact he'll be doing two super long shows on back-to-back days). Others think we'll see a longer set, but nothing too surprising: instead of adding some random songs into the set, we'll see all the songs the band has been rotating added in. Another pretty solid guess. Others are more adventurous in their thinking, hoping for perhaps some Fort Minor or stripped down action in the set. Surprisingly, the idea of Fort Minor material in the set really isn't that far off. Beyond the 'Remember The Name' intro to 'Waiting For The End,' there's a lot of clues pointing to Mike doing some solo stuff in the show; namely, the new Fort Minor shirts he's been repping. Seems a bit too suspicious and all too subtle in the classic Trollnoda fashion. Something must be up. Mike also did spend about 12 hours in the studio in Prague on his day off - perhaps he was preparing some new material for the setlist? All our questions will be answered soon!

If you missed out on the Rock Werchter stream, be sure you check it out! A really great show from the band, and Chester really nailed it. One of the best performances of 'The Catalyst' in a long time!

Who's heading to the show? If you'll be joining us for coverage live, be sure to check out and join our new Discord server. Lots of great discussion happened there for the Rock Werchter stream, so lets see what happens when we're scouring the net for setlist details! Come react to any surprises with us there. If you don't like us, that's okay. You can follow us on Twitter or Facebook for setlist updates as well. Linkin Park follows up this show with a smaller show at the O2 Brixton Academy tomorrow before wrapping the whole European Tour up in Birmingham.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

I live 40-60 minutes away from O2 Arena. Gotta interview someone for work in an hour and then I'll be heading over.

Come and say hi if you see me. I'm quite tattood (have flames on left wrist and a bunch of monsters on my arms and chest), white vest, very ripped jeans and burgundy Dr. Martens.

I live 40-60 minutes away from O2 Arena. Gotta interview someone for work in an hour and then I'll be heading over.

Come and say hi if you see me. I'm quite tattood (have flames on left wrist and a bunch of monsters on my arms and chest), white vest, very ripped jeans and burgundy Dr. Martens.

Going so early?! :unsure:

I always get to shows early :)

What is the recommended time to get to the O2 to be able to be as close to the stage, assuming the venue doors open only at 6PM?

Does anyone have past experience from shows of LP in the O2?

Edited by GSJCDX

SPOILERS!!!

It'll be the arena show (with Sharp Edges), SIB in the rotation part, but From The Inside after New Divide.

On the set list: "GOOD GOODBYE (full length version"

Does it always say this?

Stormzy?

SPOILERS!!!

It'll be the arena show (with Sharp Edges), SIB in the rotation part, but From The Inside after New Divide.

On the set list: "GOOD GOODBYE (full length version"

Does it always say this?

Wow thanks man!

To be honest, I actually was expecting a full GG for tonight.

I hope they play NCSM, BS, and APFMH too.