2017.06.29 - Norrköping, SE - Bråvalla Festival

The One More Light European Tour is on its final stretch! Just five shows are left, but the band isn't done covering some lesser-seen territory. The band is returning for their first show in Sweden in six years today at Norrköping for the Bråvalla Festival!

Linkin Park hasn't had the best luck when it's come to Swedish festivals in the past... This is the third festival in the country the band has been scheduled to play, but (hopefully) the first one they actually get to play. The first was in 2003 - the Hultsfred festival. The band was forced to cancel their whole summer European Tour (which included stops at Rock am Ring and Pinkpop) when Chester was hospitalized for severe abdominal pain. The band returned to the festival in 2008, but to no avail; this time, Brad was severely sick and doctors ordered him to not travel. Sadly, they didn't have Benjamin to cover for him back then like they did in 2014 and 2015! A show was also planned in Sweden to begin the Hybrid Theory European Tour in the fall of 2001, but the show (along with one in Denmark) were cancelled just days before the show began.

These cancelled festival appearances were unfortunate, but it didn't stop the band from performing in Sweden altogether. All the cancellations from previous years made it so that the band didn't perform in Sweden until 2007, and they came in with style. It was only the second show of the first official tour of the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle when the band performed in Stockholm, so the band had a lot of fresh noise to bring to the stage. 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'The Little Things Give You Away' were performed for the second time ever, while songs like 'No More Sorrow' and 'Given Up' were still churning with new-found live energy. Mike talked about being on the road for the first time in awhile before 'No More Sorrow,' and a fan managed to throw a bra right onto his micstand, making for a pretty funny clip! The band returned to Stockholm in 2011 for the A Thousand Suns tour, bringing new songs from the album to the set. This show marked the beginning of the rotation between 'Blackout' and 'Burning In The Skies' throughout the rest of cycle. Additionally, Mike's vocoder didn't work at the end of 'Numb,' leading for a rare cleanly sung Oppenheimer Outro!

Need a laugh? Check out one fan's epic aim as they launched a bra onto Mike's micstand. Watch your ears, though - good ol' 2007 camcorder quality.

The band's most recent performance on the tour was in Sopron at the Telekom VOLT Festival, for their first concert ever in Hungary. The band definitely brought a few treats: 'A Place For My Head' was brought back into the mix after the band changed up the rotation cycle for the heavy slot later in the set, and Mike rapped 'Reading My Eyes' during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out!' 'Faint' was not the closer for this show as 'Bleed It Out' returned as the show closer, and 'It's Goin' Down' was rapped over the end of 'Castle Of Glass.' The 'Battle Symphony' and 'Nobody Can Save Me' slot was skipped. A safer setlist for sure, but still a unique variation for the tour.

What can we expect in Sweden? As usual, it's hard to say for certain, especially with so many more moving parts to the set. At this point it's safe to assume 'Battle Symphony' or 'Nobody Can Save Me' won't be in the set (and if one of them is, it's likely the latter). For the heavy rotation, 'Somewhere I Belong' should be next, but it could easily be any of the four (the choices are 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'Points Of Authority,' 'From The Inside,' and 'A Place For My Head'). Will 'Faint' closing be another rotation introduced into the set, or was that just a one-time deal? We'll find out at this show!

'Bleed It Out' closing the show in Sopron! Check out the killer 'Reading My Eyes' verse at 1:45 in the video.

There's a pretty unique set of bands playing before Linkin Park at Bråvalla. Right before LP is a big throwback: 80's hair metal band Danzig will play their second show of 2017 right before Linkin Park. You can expect some of their new tracks 'Last Ride' and 'Devil On Hwy 9' to be played, as well as previous hits like 'Mother.' Before them, gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello will grace the stage, with new single 'Saboteur Blues' and their older hit 'Wonderlust King' in the set. Familiar faces Of Mice & Men will play before them (maybe we'll see Aaron Pauley join the band again? The Ballad Medley is no longer in the set, so he'd have to sing on something other than 'Iridescent'), and before them Adept. That's a pretty intense and diverse lineup!

Is anyone going to the show? After this show, the band headlines Rock Werchter (which may be webcasted) on July 2 before heading to the UK for three shows. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates on the setlist!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

Would have loved to attend the gig, but couldn't this time. Hopefully they'll tour Sweden again or Finland next year. They dropped OML, BS/NCSM slot and WFTE; Points Of Authority in the rotating spot

Edited by Krizlinkin