2017.06.09 - Brétigny-sur-Orge, France - Download Paris

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should drop New Divide forever, i mean it s basically a WID-Numb mix made for a robot movies nearly 10 years ago... there are better songs to play

I agree. They can't drop Numb or ITE because there are casuals who I'm sure may say "Hey, LP is playing. Let's go see that song live!"

I doubt there's nearly as many people who see New Divide as the selling point to buy tickets to their show.

I don't understand why at this point they can't rotate songs in and out at will. You're telling me they can't play a song like With You without practicing it for a month? Keep a basic set structure and rotate older songs nightly. Plenty of bands do it. And stop playing everything from OML....because it's awful, and a real downer at a live show 😁😁😁

TTM, BID, COG, GG all in the first 7 songs is beyond awful.

I don't understand why at this point they can't rotate songs in and out at will. You're telling me they can't play a song like With You without practicing it for a month? Keep a basic set structure and rotate older songs nightly. Plenty of bands do it. And stop playing everything from OML....because it's awful, and a real downer at a live show

TTM, BID, COG, GG all in the first 7 songs is beyond awful.

Well the problem with songs like With You or Runaway is they need a specific guitar to play those. It's not like From The Inside, Lying From You, or A Place For My Head, where they have the guitars needed to play those in the rig already. I do agree some rotations in the set would be a welcome change.

As for the OML songs, those are some of the best songs in the set right now. TTM, GG, Invisible, OML, all are fantastic additions

Well the problem with songs like With You or Runaway is they need a specific guitar to play those. It's not like From The Inside, Lying From You, or A Place For My Head, where they have the guitars needed to play those in the rig already. I do agree some rotations in the set would be a welcome change.

As for the OML songs, those are some of the best songs in the set right now. TTM, GG, Invisible, OML, all are fantastic additions

They can easily and quickly switch out guitars. As for the OML songs, they're not for me. I think they are even worse live than they are on the album. They bring the whole set down IMO.

It's not a matter of switching guitars, we don't know if they even have that guitar with them (I know Brad mentioned the With You/Runaway guitar, but I don't think we ever got confirmation that it was included in the rig. I'm sure Astat knows more about that than i do.) Either way, the last thing the sets need is more old songs at the expense of new ones. Hell, I think the 8 songs they're playing from HT and Meteora is too much. Cut SIB, use that Crawling piano slot as a rotation spot for that, BTH, BID etc. Bring back some fan favorites from the more recent albums. Where the hell are NMS, WTCFM, WAK, FM, IMR etc?

With You/Runaway guitars are still in the rigs, presumably because there just happens to be plenty of space for them even though those songs aren't in the set at present. I want to say Brad's got space for 11 or 12 guitars in each rack but he's only using 5 during each show (he has backups for 3 of those 5, so that puts him at 8 guitars "needed" for the show).

Can this setlist be considered the worst of their career? Half of the songs are super meh live (Catalyst, Wastelands, Invisible, New Divide, BS ...)

Especially the first part is very modest. How can a random festival goer enjoy this set?

Edited by Derbyster

I believe the "random festival goer" enjoys the setlist much more than the "hardcore Linkin Park fan". It's a mash-up of all their biggest hits plus five or six songs from their newest album.

Yea I think that if i d be a random goer and i d know LP but i wouldn t be a hardcoe fan i d prefer a setlist of well known singles than one with underground songs like GATS, Wretches, BITS or stuff like that so i can understand

Booing a band for playing songs that you don't like is straight up disrespectful and immature. Be grateful that if you even get to see them. There are people in some parts of the world that would do anything to be in your shoes.

Booing a band for playing songs that you don't like is straight up disrespectful and immature. Be grateful that if you even get to see them. There are people in some parts of the world that would do anything to be in your shoes.

It is disrespectful and immature to let people pay for a setlist like this.

It is disrespectful and immature to let people pay for a setlist like this.

This is quite possibly the dumbest forum comment I've ever seen in my 14 years in the Linkin Park community. Congratulations!

The Catalyst is fucking awesome live, the problem is that they cut the keyboard solo from this version, they should play the video version if they wanted to shorten it. And I think Wastelands is sounding very good too, I'd even put it as the opener.

The Catalyst is fucking awesome live, the problem is that they cut the keyboard solo from this version, they should play the video version if they wanted to shorten it. And I think Wastelands is sounding very good too, I'd even put it as the opener.

Damn I agree, Catalyst sounds fantastic now. It got old in 2012 to me, but moving it way up in the set has really helped it. Awesome song.

Damn I agree, Catalyst sounds fantastic now. It got old in 2012 to me, but moving it way up in the set has really helped it. Awesome song.

People say it shouldn't be in the beginning of the set because it doesn't have loud guitars, but the upbeat and the epic atmosphere are so great that I don't care. I just love that song so much