2017.05.19 - Las Vegas, NV - CBS's SPF

Linkin Park plays their first full show in the United States for One More Light on May 19th, when they head to Las Vegas, NV to The Chelsea @ The Cosmopolitan. They will headline night one of CBS's SPF ("SUN.POOL.FUN") event, which is doubling up as the One More Light Album Release Show as well.

The band has not played a full show in the U.S. since November 2015, the very end of the world tour for The Hunting Party. The final show of that year was a private show for Music for Relief, but they did play BlizzCon in Anaheim the week before that as well as Monster Mash in Arizona the week before that. This has been a long time coming and the band surprisingly will also return to Las Vegas later this year to close out leg one of the North American Tour at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Since our show posts like to not only inform you about the upcoming show, but others in the city in the past as well, here's a little history on LP in LV. Las Vegas had a show by Linkin Park for five consecutive years between 2010 and 2015. The band has played Vegas in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 x3 (one, two, three), 2008 x2 (one, two and a canceled one), 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 x2 (one, two), and 2015. Most recently, the Las Vegas 2015 performance was for Rock in Rio USA and was Chester's first show back after his injury that canceled the 2015 North American Tour. Linkin Park debuted the rare A Line In The Sand at that show. What a shame the track had so much work put into it to perform it live and it never made it out of 2015's very limited touring.

It's not a Vegas preshow post without Timbaland's intro to Bleed It Out from 2007...which now turns ten years old this week. Ouch, we are getting old. Happy Birthday to Minutes To Midnight - and happy birthday to the touring cycle for that record, which we enjoyed covering thoroughly as we grew the LPLive from its baby stages into a full-fledged website.

This show in Las Vegas comes in the middle of the One More Light Release Week Promo, what we've dubbed the week of celebration, promo, and events surrounding the release of the new album. On the 16th, Brad, Mike, and Chester performed One More Light (song) for employees of Spotify in New York. Later that night, the full band played its first-ever acoustic show as a surprise set in the NYC subway. On the 18th, LP played Jimmy Kimmel before this Vegas show kicks off. To conclude, the iHeartRadio Theater will be broadcasting another One More Light celebratory show next Monday on the 22nd. For all of the setlists and information, check the 2017 touring page.

For this show, we expect to see the full headlining setlist performed. This is the 25 song set debuted in Santiago, Chile earlier this month that was also played in Lima, Peru. It includes Invisible, Waiting For The End, and One More Light. The difference between the festival set (90 mins, so we think MOST of the European festivals will actually get a full setlist and not a shortened 90 min one) and the headlining set also is that the festival one opens with Fallout > The Catalyst whereas headlining, they opt to open with Fallout > Talking To Myself.

In terms of new songs, we aren't sure if they will perform more new tracks from the album. They have already debuted six so it wouldn't surprise us if more appear shortly. We might have to wait for rotating setlists though...maybe that happens in Europe but it should for sure happen by the North American Tour in July.

As mentioned above, the band has one more show in the U.S. next Monday, which will be webcasted online. No webcast for this one in Vegas, though. And then LP flies to Europe to play their 18 show European Tour. Well we say 18, but they've only announced 17 so far.....aaaaand where's that second London date that "leaked" that they haven't confirmed yet? Hmm.

I wonder if the second London date will come, last time I checked the first show hasn't sold out yet.

The thing is standing sold out super quick, it's just seating that hasn't sold and it's all the poor seats that nobody wants anyway.

I think it's booked I mean why would the radio announce it as a contest? And then remove it once we post about it? Is it possible LP can just say that show is "only if we need it"?

The album and single are doing very well, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

Why?? Do you want to bore the audience to death? What would Rob do for the 35 minutes it takes to play OML?

He'd probably play drums like he has for every OML song they've done so far barring the only track to not have any percussion whatsoever...

Not sure if you are serious or not, good job

He's serious. He was convinced that the video of Phoenix recording bass for BS was faked or just for show because he thought there was no live bass on the song.

Setlist: http://lplive.net/shows/db/2017/20170519

Setlist pic: https://twitter.com/LPLive/status/865937541802971137

Same as Lima/Santiago. This is the normal headlining set. I would expect to see this across Europe since it has only been performed 3 times so far. Maybe the festival sets open with Catalyst. I think the festivals without time constraints (90 mins like Argentina and Brazil) will get the whole thing.

Don't know if everyone realised it (at least it took me quite some time to recognise it), but the scream is actually also in the studio version.

It´s waaaay buried in the back, but I think it´s a high falsetto like he did it in the first couple of live performances. I wish the higher pitch backing vocals (done by Mike live) during the chorus were more present in the studio version though.

Well it said 9pm but traditionally they go on at 9:20 and have for most of their career when headlining in the USA, unless it's a special deal or something. 9:20 is normal.

Why do you guys say OSC was shortened? I don't think it was unless there's a video that shows it. The setlist doesn't mention it.