2017.02.16 - Los Angeles, California - Facebook Livestream

RogueSoul

LP has done a great job in getting me hyped...for more Kiiara music lol

Rob, Dave and Joe probably had to pick a lock to get in and remind everyone else that they're still in the band.

Anyway, the piano versions of those songs are great. Heavy sounded way better than studio version.

Edited by LINKINMARK

Were Dave, Joe, and Rob joking when they said it was nice to meet Kiiara? They recorded a song with her and half of the band didn't meet her?

I'm sure they were serious. LP is run by Mike. Him, Brad, and Chester write all of the songs and decide what direction the band is going.

They seriously need to do more stuff like this. I wasn't impresed by Heavy at first, but holy crap, it suprised me how good it sounded here, and holy shit, BID sounded 100 times better than the original version, studio or live.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Were Dave, Joe, and Rob joking when they said it was nice to meet Kiiara? They recorded a song with her and half of the band didn't meet her?

Song was already finished when Kiiara was brought in. Those guys had already finished their contributions to the song and had no need to be in the studio on a day when all they were doing was tracking guest vocals.

Best live performance of Burn it Down ever, Heavy sounded good in this format as well (as good as a song of mediocre-at-best quality can sound). Chester's vocals were on point, and I really liked the new guitar stuff Brad added to Heavy and Burn it Down.

I must say, Chester sounds like a thousand times better in this performance than in the recorded version. Why did he had to sing this ugly "I'm crying soon" way instead of singing proberly? I mean, I just listened to "Pushing me away" and his voice sounds awesome if he just sings silent and calm like in the verses of PMA.

Though, even if Chester sounds good on this song live, I still don't think it's a good song. It is catchy indeed and it's something I would always sing with when I'm at a concert or something, but it's nothing I want from Linkin Park.

I'm really surprised the way they performed those songs. Heavy sounds in here much better than the studio version tbh. Plus, that was the best version of Burn it Down they've ever made, Kiiara fits perfectly in here, Mike's vocs was just fantastic. Wish they made full acoustic set in the future (with at least 10-12 tracks). Looking forward for this tour cycle.

Edited by morfeo

I hope they incorporate these acoustic versions into the sets. Mike's 'rap' was great indeed. Did anyone else notice how Chester's voice sounded unusually good?

The reason for that is because they only played 3 songs and Chester wasn't running around like a madman on stage like he does. He said once the reason he can't do the 18 second scream in full on Given Up every night is because he is going crazy on stage and it affects his voice in some ways because of it. Makes sense. Crawling and BURN IT DOWN are both hard songs to sing as it is, add that with a full set every night on tour with tons of energy on stage, I can see why he doesn't always sound amazing on them live.

Just make it easier on Chester and drop the harder songs live. No problem. I don't care what the hell he sings, but I sure hope they'd pick songs that are easier on his voice versus making him sing Given Up into Blackout or something lol

Fuck that though. I want to hear the harder songs. I enjoy that side of the band. And he sounds excellent on Given Up still and he always has. The only songs that he seems to have a hard time with are New Divide, Crawling and BURN IT DOWN. The rest of the songs sound fine to me. His screaming is still top notch and it has never declined, IMO. I also do care what they play. As a person paying money to go see them play live, I want to hear some old shit, some heavy shit, etc. I don't want to hear only piano versions of shit and stuff like that. Some of that wouldn't bother me, because they have already done that in the past many years ago with Breaking The Habit, Pushing Me Away, My December, etc. but I certainly don't want to pay money and see an entire set of that. I wouldn't go to the shows if that happened.

Man, just watched the stream and it was amazing (except for some generic answers and question). I think Heavy sounds way better acoustic, and the BID bridge sounded awesome, with Mike singing. Chester's voice also sounded amazing.

I also think that many people misunderstood the part where Mike says the rest of the album is gonna sound like Heavy, he said that the album will obviously have variety. He further continued that they always have been mashing up different styles of music, and that they didn't try to do it in any specific style of music, that they were just doing their own thing. That made the Hype return for me. I perceive it as most people here took it as the whole album will be as generic pop as Heavy is.

Wish they made full acoustic set in the future (with at least 10-12 tracks). Looking forward for this tour cycle.

Totally agree, a full acoustic set would be amazing. I also think that a set were they are jamming their own songs in a different genre would be nice too, kind of like they do off stage, or like they once did with the reagge version of BID.

Man, just watched the stream and it was amazing (except for some generic answers and question). I think Heavy sounds way better acoustic, and the BID bridge sounded awesome, with Mike singing. Chester's voice also sounded amazing.

Totally agree, a full acoustic set would be amazing. I also think that a set were they are jamming their own songs in a different genre would be nice too, kind of like they do off stage, or like they once did with the reagge version of BID.

This is a great post. I completely agree. Man, when Chester rehearses for weeks, uses in-ear monitors, etc...he really is in great form. I was impressed. Sometimes he sounds off when he hasn't done anything for a while and you can tell he prepped for this performance. I like his vocals a lot on these tracks.

A full set with MTV Unplugged is long overdue.

• 2 weeks later...