LPA Podcast w/ Mike Summary

RogueSoul

"I WILL THE SONG PICTUREBOARD"

I still remember this post. Literally my favorite post ever lol

I will? How should I understand that? Probably I would understand what he means if he's a german lol

Well, I cannot understand why they don't like Easier to Run. Actually I think it's one of their best songs. I rather consider "Until it's gone" or "The Messenger" as their worst song. Until it's gone is catchy but lyrical waste.

I will? How should I understand that? Probably I would understand what he means if he's a german lol

Well, I cannot understand why they don't like Easier to Run. Actually I think it's one of their best songs. I rather consider "Until it's gone" or "The Messenger" as their worst song. Until it's gone is catchy but lyrical waste.

http://imgur.com/V7Tbk00

I'd agree that The Messenger is the worst, but I really like Until It's Gone. People complain about the lyrics, but I like them. Also, the instrumental is pretty cool, and the verses are some of the most mellow moments of THP, which really makes them stand out to me.

I remember LPL ''winning'' an interview with Mike in an LPU contest a couple of years ago but I don't remember it ever happening, but oh well.

We submitted the questions too late. It was a text interview, it was 2010, we fucked up. Hopefully we can get an interview in the future.

I listened this podcast last night. Great job. Mike seemed really calm and cool, and a lot of good fan questions got asked. In fact, I don't know anything I would ask him that didn't get addressed last night. Maybe more tour/live-based questions, which would be more about what our site is about. LPA covered a LOT of stuff in an hour. Tons of album stuff was discussed - I'm a big fan.

Thanks to Derek telling LP/their publicist that fansites are important too, LP's new publicist has been accommodating to us. I had an in-person interview lined up for the North American Tour this year, but the tour got canceled.

Thanks to Derek telling LP/their publicist that fansites are important too, LP's new publicist has been accommodating to us. I had an in-person interview lined up for the North American Tour this year, but the tour got canceled.

I thank you for this, but I think it was just a case of management/publicity evolving their stance over the years. It took a long time to have management look at fan sites as 'press' and I honestly think AltWire is more to thank for that than most people think. After the '6 song preview' on AltWire went over so well with the fanbase during THP's release cycle, it seemed to completely change the way LPA was looked at (because the same guy -me- runs both sites), and in turn it probably improved how other fansites were looked at as well. Our websites were no longer just some 'fanzines', we were legitimately looked at as a good promotional tool for albums...as we should be.

I really hope that come next year LPLive finally gets it's well deserved and well earned interview. You guys have been going on a decade. It's only right you get your shot :).

Edited by LPADerek