2015.11.01 - Tempe, AZ - Monster Mash

hahninator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a little late starting so they didn't play the ballad medley. Also no darker than the blood before burn it down. Mike played the Michael Myers Halloween theme before What I've Done. Awesome show! Chester sounded a little rough in places but he had a ton of energy, every band member did. It was a blast.

I like the Ballad medley. I'd rather they drop Castle of Dance and Runaway / Wastelands.

I like Wastelands but I think Runaway is just a waste of time; I rather prefer Wastelands alone with the hard start or the album intro.

As for COG I want it back as the album version even if the remix was no too bad. Or drop it completely in favour of LITE

Glad they dropped different stuff for once. POA is a monster and the first part of the setlist flows really well. Looks like a fun show.

Serious question: Are we seeing the end of the lifeline for A Line In The Sand? Maybe just 1 more performance for the song? It's such a monster live that I hope the band keeps it in 2016. To me, it's finally a song that can replace Bleed It Out as the show closer.

Glad they dropped different stuff for once. POA is a monster and the first part of the setlist flows really well. Looks like a fun show.

Serious question: Are we seeing the end of the lifeline for A Line In The Sand? Maybe just 1 more performance for the song? It's such a monster live that I hope the band keeps it in 2016. To me, it's finally a song that can replace Bleed It Out as the show closer.

I really enjoyed it last night but you can tell it just kind of sucks the energy out of the crowd. It's such a long song to start with and they play it soooo damn slow too. If they could play it up to album speed it would definitely help but I don't see it around much longer to be honest.

I like the Ballad medley. I'd rather they drop Castle of Dance and Runaway / Wastelands.

I like Wastelands but I think Runaway is just a waste of time; I rather prefer Wastelands alone with the hard start or the album intro.

As for COG I want it back as the album version even if the remix was no too bad. Or drop it completely in favour of LITE

Yep agreed.

Edited by Jozzie

I think I still prefer a few different setlists than one totally different, well-rehearsed show with a lot of changes from the previous touring cycle. That's what we got this time. Blackout into Papercut, Robot Boy, etc. Tons of changes. All those shortened songs, and that awful encore medley nonsense.

When they went to change setlists, the show was so rehearsed that they only could change a few things. And don't get me wrong, I loved DOYS/LFY (where the hell did it go, it was great) and the full versions of With You and Somewhere I Belong. Great jams.

My point is, I think I'd rather have more studio versions of songs and an easier to change setlist than what they play now. Beijing show was 100 minutes. Perfect length for a show. Just make a second setlist with DOYS/LFY, SIB, APFMH, With You, GATS, maybe another THP song or two, and ONE fan request like RME or P5hng.

Even Rob in Europe said he knows it's not fun to follow the tours anymore for the hardcore fans. At the end of the day, I'll always go see LP but it was definitely a lot more fun when they changed sets in 2007-2008 and 2012 versus now.

I think I still prefer a few different setlists than one totally different, well-rehearsed show with a lot of changes from the previous touring cycle. That's what we got this time. Blackout into Papercut, Robot Boy, etc. Tons of changes. All those shortened songs, and that awful encore medley nonsense.

When they went to change setlists, the show was so rehearsed that they only could change a few things. And don't get me wrong, I loved DOYS/LFY (where the hell did it go, it was great) and the full versions of With You and Somewhere I Belong. Great jams.

My point is, I think I'd rather have more studio versions of songs and an easier to change setlist than what they play now. Beijing show was 100 minutes. Perfect length for a show. Just make a second setlist with DOYS/LFY, SIB, APFMH, With You, GATS, maybe another THP song or two, and ONE fan request like RME or P5hng.

Even Rob in Europe said he knows it's not fun to follow the tours anymore for the hardcore fans. At the end of the day, I'll always go see LP but it was definitely a lot more fun when they changed sets in 2007-2008 and 2012 versus now.

I agree with everything you say

I feel the same way. It's getting less exciting to see them live lately because the shows are becoming almost identical. However, I attended Rock in Rio which was the first time that they played ALTS live and I'm not sure that the song was all that great for the concert atmosphere, rather than it being amazing to hear it live for the first time. At Monster Mash, it had less of an effect on me, and I actually enjoyed hearing "Robot Boy" more than hearing A Line in the Sand again. If only LP would read this topic XD

I think coming up with one main setlist and then tinkering with it throughout a touring cycle is a fine idea. The problem is that LP doesn't really tend to tinker with the set unless it's for time constraints or working around what they are/aren't playing from the new album (the addition of Welcome was also a similar situation). I wish they'd be a little more spontaneous about it, like 3 weeks into a tour going "Ehh we're not feeling Points of Authority lately...let's swap it out for Lying From You for the next week and see how that goes" or whatever. There are way too many songs in the set that they seem like they won't swap around for any reason.

haha

but seriously though, I'm really wondering if they're actually tired of playing the same set

I think they are...it's routine and only a job for them, they must be disgusted like every else non-casual fan. Monster Mash was perfect oportunity to add harder songs into the set maybe With You or APFMH, but they rather drop songs...