Relief Live: Linkin Park & Friends (Honoring Steve Aoki)

hahninator

I really don't understand the obsession over HT anniversary, especially after last year when the band celebrated it with that specific show in the UK.

They didnt celebrate the album last year at Download. They only played HT complete because of the marketing idea of the Download management. If LP didnt play HT full, many fans from the first hour wouldnt have to take the trip to Download. Many fans outside of the UK only went to the festival because of HT and without HT full Download didnt want LP to headline the festival

They didnt celebrate the album last year at Download. They only played HT complete because of the marketing idea of the Download management. If LP didnt play HT full, many fans from the first hour wouldnt have to take the trip to Download. Many fans outside of the UK only went to the festival because of HT and without HT full Download didnt want LP to headline the festival

Yeah you're right. But to me it seems like what people have been requesting for the past couple of weeks is pretty much the same. A live show dedicated solely to HT.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But that's my take from all the comments!

Edited by Fatima1991

I got into link in park in 2000 aged 10 when Osc first came out. But most people I meet at gigs are new fans

A lot of my friends are the opposite. They like the old stuff (HT/M) but then always say some version of "but when they made [album], I stopped listening to them".

Anyway I personally feel like HT in full could have been saved for this year, as a cool 15th anniversary celebration, but other than that it is what it is. I'm not very surprised that they have no plans honestly.

A lot of my friends are the opposite. They like the old stuff (HT/M) but then always say some version of "but when they made [album], I stopped listening to them".

Anyway I personally feel like HT in full could have been saved for this year, as a cool 15th anniversary celebration, but other than that it is what it is. I'm not very surprised that they have no plans honestly.

There are a lot of people like that. I love hybrid theory and meteora I have great memories of seeing them on them tours and yeah I would love to see the band play a few more old stuff live but my fav album is ATS and I'm a older fan and I love lp doing something different every album makes me excited to see where they go next. If they would have just kept doing hybrid stuff maybe I wouldn't still be into them I'd probably just have got bored like I did with a few bands from that same time

Ya'll need to watch the first 8 episodes of LPTV (the ones included on iTunes back in 2007). It showed from the LPU Tour 2003 to Projekt Revolution 2004. You will understand how epic the old tours and old albums were after watching them. Watch Frat Party At The Pankake Festival, too.

Ya'll need to watch the first 8 episodes of LPTV (the ones included on iTunes back in 2007). It showed from the LPU Tour 2003 to Projekt Revolution 2004. You will understand how epic the old tours and old albums were after watching them. Watch Frat Party At The Pankake Festival, too.

What the hell does this have to do with anything being discussed right now?

The band didn't "forget" the 15th anniversary as Dave mentioned it on the LPU chat. He said it was funny that we were all freaking out about it, and said that 15 isn't a very important number. Stop being upset at the band for "forgetting" something that shouldn't be this big of a deal. They've given us a lot of good things, and I am attending Monster Mash and fully believe that the band will be at it's best. Missing a 15th anniversary doesn't mean that they hate their fans. They just didn't see need for a celebration. Remember, LP is working on their next album, and also likes to be home, with their families. Everyone calm down.

Win a chance to hang out with Steve Aoki and Linkin Park at MFR’s 10th anniversary celebration Relief Live on November 14th. Winner receives: flight for two to LA, hotel stay, tickets to a pre-show artist reception, and VIP lounge seating during the show.

https://www.prizeo.com/prizes/steve-aoki-and-linkin-park/attend-relief-live/default

• 2 weeks later...