2015.06.23 - México City, DF - Arena Cuidad de México

summer.jpg

I've gone rogue.

Let's get this show on the road! Fort Mi-- *ahem*, Linkin Park continues their North American Summer run by taking it down south. That's right, The Hunting Party Tour is going to Mexico! On June 23, the band will perform the first of two shows in Mexico City, at the Arena Cuidad de México.

Though Linkin Park has been a band for a just under two decades, they've unfortunately haven't made many ventures to Mexico. In fact, until 2012, the band had only played a SINGLE show there! Despite that, this will be the band's third show in Mexico City. The band's first show there took place in 2002 - their first show in Mexico! It was the second-to-last performance of 2002, as well as the entire Hybrid Theory touring cycle. They opened for Korn, and performed many songs off of Hybrid Theory including 'A Place For My Head', 'By Myself', and 'With You'. The band even performed a special song - a cover of Deftones' 'My Own Summer (Shove It)'! A solid audio recording exists from this show; check it below or visit our Audio Requests & Downloads subforum! The band didn't return for an entire decade, where they performed at the Arena Cuidad de Mexico in 2012 on the Living Things World Tour. Songs like 'Lost In The Echo', 'Victimized (w/ QWERTY)', and 'In My Remains' were all performed. The band closed the show out with a huge performance of 'Bleed It Out', featuring an extended bridge with the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage'.

We may be in for a surprise or two in Mexico City. In case you [somehow] missed the huge news, FORT MINOR IS BACK! From out of nowhere, Mike brought the project back full force with new merch, new shows on the horizon, and a new song: 'Welcome', complete with a 360 video and a performance on Conan (tonight at 11:00 EST - don't miss it!). They even announced a new show for June 29 - a solo show for Mike in Los Angeles! Don't worry - more shows are to come! You may be asking, "This is a Linkin Park show. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SETLIST PARAGRAPH! Why are you talking about Fort Minor?!" Well, late last night, fresh off of the official release of 'Welcome', Mike hopped on Periscope and answered some questions. One of the answers happened to be that he'd be performing 'Welcome' at Linkin Park shows! Whether or not he does that at this show or until the next "full" tour is yet to be seen, but fingers crossed! Perhaps it'll replace his Solo Medley in the setlist, or even Robot Boy. What do you think?

Linkin Park's last performance was only a few days ago, at the Amnesia Rockfest in Montebello, Canada. The band played the same shortened setlist they did at Rock in Rio USA back in May, much to the surprise of everyone! The band was slated to perform for 90 minutes - enough time for them to get their full set in. But, much to the dismay of fans, their set was cut back 15 minutes (but not for System Of A Down the next night). The band still performed a great show, with a setlist including 'A Line In The Sand', 'Papercut' opening, and the 'Castle Of Glass' Experience. Memorable moments from this show include Mike forgetting his microphone on his keyboard stand on the outro transition of 'Runaway' into 'Wastelands', causing him to miss most of the verse and Mike seeing the crowd die down during the slower part of the set, but immediately going crazy when 'Numb' started, making him respond, "I see you guys like the old shit. This one's for you," before going into 'In The End'. He performed 'Remember The Name' over his medley.

The two Mexico shows are the only two LIKELY shows of the summer for Linkin Park to perform an encore. The setlists for these festival runs haven't featured one and the shows have been about 10 minutes shorter than the headlining shows earlier in the year and in 2014. Will the band lengthen the show and add an encore and a few more songs for Mexico? 'A Place For My Head'? 'Final Masquerade'?

Fort Minor's finally returning... Get into the mood with some awesome beats during Mike's Solo Medley in Montebello!

Who's heading to the show? There's no opening band - just Linkin Park! After this show, the band has a day off before performing in Monterrey, where they will be taking the stage at the Arena Monterrey. We'll have a special guest writing the preshow post for that show, so stay tuned! Make sure to keep up to date on all of the Fort Minor news coming in, too! Help us update our live guide by contributing to the Live Attendance/Capacity project! Check out the Lyrics Project, too. For the old school, we've had some AWESOME Grey Daze exclusives over the past few weeks thanks to LESTAT. Check out some unreleased demos from the Scott Crowley Sessions here! For updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

SETLIST:

01. Papercut (2015 Intro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

03. Points Of Authority

04. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

05. A Line In The Sand (Keyboard Intro)

06. From The Inside

07. Runaway (Shortened Instrumental; Transition Outro ->)

08. Wastelands

09. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; w/ ATS Interludes)

10. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

11. Robot Boy (Shortened Instrumental)

12. Joe Solo Medley

13. New Divide

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Darker Than Blood (Shortened)

16. Burn It Down

17. Final Masquerade

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name)

19. Welcome (LP Debut; Ext. Outro Transition)

20. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

-----------------------------------------------------------

23. Crawling

24. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ UIB; Wall Of Noise Outro)

25. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

26. Bleed It Out

- 'Welcome' was performed for the first time during a Linkin Park set. It debuted live the day before on the Conan show during Fort Minor's comeback set.

- 'Points Of Authority' returned to the setlist for the first time since London 2014.

- 'Final Masquerade' returned to the setlist after being dropped during the first half of the North American Summer Shows leg in May.

- 'Crawling' was performed in full for the first time since Download.

- This was the first time that 'Waiting For The End' had appeared in the encore.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Mike will just do a verse from Welcome over the regular medley beat lol.

He would have to mess with it quite a bit if he did that. Welcome's verses are 12 bars each if I'm not mistaken, and that part of the medley is 16. He could do it, but it'd be more of a challenge than something like SKIN TO BONE (Remix)/When They Come For Me, which have 16 bar verses, or Remember The Name, which has two verses that are each 8 bars.

He would have to mess with it quite a bit if he did that. Welcome's verses are 12 bars each if I'm not mistaken, and that part of the medley is 16. He could do it, but it'd be more of a challenge than something like SKIN TO BONE (Remix)/When They Come For Me, which have 16 bar verses, or Remember The Name, which has two verses that are each 8 bars.

Yeah you're right. I didn't go that far into it lol. I do think the more likely thing is that it takes the place of his solo medley altogether, which is fine by me at this point.

For the love of God, don't be lazy here. Play a FULL setlist again for the first time since Indianapolis. Encore and everything. Add APFMH, Final Masq, and maybe even a shortened LITE or something. Whatever you want. No need to cop out with the ROTR setlist again. You need an encore.

Not a huge fan of the side project stuff being in the LP set (DBS, FM)...I like the solo medley but Mike got SO complacent with it. HHH, WTCFM, High Voltage were really epic over it and now he does RTN every time.

This is the first international show that ONE of these things didn't happen in years...

-venue tweet setlist pic

-local fansite tweet setlist or setlist pic

-some random fan tells us wtf was played

-WBR (insert country here) posts the setlist

LP Mexico and Hybrid Soldiers Mexico had nothing, lol. Had to piece it all together ourselves.

This tour should be named Hybrid Theory Tour, 6 HT songs and 3 from THP, srsly?

It was just the same with the "Carnivores" Tour, it should be called Herbivores Tour, since most of the band members were vegetarian and the setlist mostly consisted of poppy singles, which is the opposite of what is Mike's definition of Carnivores. So this is just the typical LP, name the tour the opposite of what it actually is.

I like the setlist changes and they are probably just for this show or maybe another. Crawling was probably just back for the Mexican fans, same for POA. Crawling should be shortened any other time that it is played live. FM replacing Rebellion is alright because Rob will die by the end of the set. Welcome will eventually be dropped after the comeback has run its course.

But the big letdown here was no APFMH. Mexico would explode if they played that, look at the World Stage video from the last time they were in Mexico.

I like the setlist changes and they are probably just for this show or maybe another. Crawling was probably just back for the Mexican fans, same for POA. Crawling should be shortened any other time that it is played live. FM replacing Rebellion is alright because Rob will die by the end of the set. Welcome will eventually be dropped after the comeback has run its course.

But the big letdown here was no APFMH. Mexico would explode if they played that, look at the World Stage video from the last time they were in Mexico.

I could see them using this headlining setlist the rest of the year, even in China (if they don't have to drop Given Up, in which case they'll have to add something like APFMH since they can't play Rebellion lmao) and Europe.

FM didn't replace Rebellion, Points did. I don't understand bringing Rebellion back for 2 shows and then kicking it out again. It must kill Rob. Welcome will probably stay all year...

I like this setlist and thank god they added a few songs to lengthen it out, BUT it is not as strong as the ones in January in my opinion. Wow, that Set B only got played once which means that's probably the last DOYS/LFY performance. True shame since that song explodes live. DOYS/LFY -> ITE -> APFMH -> Faint was epic. Set A and B in January were great - FTI and APFMH both in the same set, which is exactly what I like.

APFMH is becoming that really rare song that's hard to see. 2 performances in 2014, 3 in 2015. 1 in 2010. Zero in 2011. Came back a good bit in 2012-2013, only to disappear again.

The middle in the new set drags too much I think. When they moved WFTE from the middle, it now goes Castle, Ballad, Robot, Joe Solo, New Divide, BTH, Aoki song, BID. Tooooooo slow.

Ewwwwwww Crawling is back. If anything needed to come back, that definitely wasn't it.

It's also kind of weird to have 'Welcome' in the set. IMO they should get rid of Joe's solo. Everyone just stands still during it and is like wtf from what I've seen and it comes straight after Robot Boy, which I think should go in to a song.

Other than that and a few songs that I'd personally like to be added back in, I can't really complain too much about the set. The song selection isn't too bad but the set could be stronger at points.

Edited by LINKINMARK