2014.11.13 - München, Germany

hahninator

thptour_europe.jpg

Show eight already? That's what we are saying! Linkin Park plays the eighth show of this European Tour in München, Germany at Olympiahalle. München (or Munich, for you international fans) is a city that Linkin Park has performed at four times before and this will mark show number five there.

There is an audience recording from Sebastian S. of their first show in the city in March 2001, opening for the Deftones. Sebastian's work with live dates and archiving the setlists, etc of the band back in that era proved to be very helpful for us when starting this website and we extend a grateful thank you to him for that! LP returned in the fall to headline the same venue (Colosseum), but the show sold so well that they had to move it to a bigger venue - Zenith.

München didn't have another LP show until 2008 when the band played Reitstadion Riem, but the city had the honors of hosting the very first Projekt Revolution: Europe show! The band was very fired up due to it being the biggest Projekt Revolution show ever at the time and the fans even got an extremely rare performance of Reading My Eyes, only performed nine times ever. If only the United States was that lucky! Reading My Eyes still remains a big fan favorite, with fans requesting it even on this tour for Mike to rap in the set. Perhaps one day the band will make room in the setlist for it again.

Then, in summer 2011, Projekt Revolution: Europe RETURNED to München at Messegelände München Riem. That show made München the only city in Europe to receive two Projekt Revolution shows - one in 2008 and one in 2011. That setlist featured a rare combo of both Burning In The Skies and Blackout in the same set as well as Reading My Eyes (two times in one city?!) being rapped over Bleed It Out. So if you've lived in München, you don't get to see Linkin Park EVERY tour, but when you do...you get some pretty cool shows.

Right now, Linkin Park is in the middle of three shows in a row, which happens twice on this tour coincidentally, but is not something that happens frequently these days on tours for LP at all. It's surprising that three in a row are booked, but we are sending good vibes Chester's way and hoping that he doesn't get sick.

The last show was in Leipzig on the 12th, where the band played Set A. This means München is very likely to get Set B. At the Leipzig M&G, fans were allegedly set to hear 2-3 songs from LPU XIV, but this did not end up happening for an unknown reason. Perhaps this show will be luckier! After this show, Linkin Park heads to Wien, Austria on the 14th, where they have not performed in a VERY long time! For the full list of upcoming tour dates in 2014, click here.

Great RME performance. Hopefully I get to see it live one day!

Mike seems really eager to change things up lately... RME Acapella, STB Verse in his medley, almost attempting Forgotten over the UIG Intro... Hopefully these things start happening more often on this tour, to keep the setlists original at each show. It's always the small things that make all the difference.

The small things to me really make the differences. As a hardcore fan I appreciate those. Mike and Chester in the Atlanta 2008 preshow radio interview said that's a great reason to collect all of the live shows (back when they promoted all fans sharing them all) - there are small differences between each show. Now, there aren't many differences. I remember when we'd talk nightly about what was over POA at each show (2007-2009).

I thought Mike's solo medley would become the new POA. Europe was so promising with it, I mean the second show he did WTCFM, then did HHH at Jonas's request at Rock am Ring. I said DAMN we really have some good shit coming up here. And at the WPB rehearsal when I was getting ant bites on my fucking ass sitting in the grass trying to avoid getting caught by security while we listened to the rest of the rehearsal, he did WTCFM verse 2.

The tour went on and he didn't change it up AT ALL. Remember The Name to me is easily the worst verse to put over it, and it's a hybrid of both verses, oh man I'm not a fan of that one bit. I'd like to see HHH and I am going to request it in Orlando by telling Mike that it sounds gangster as fuck, which it does to me.

Change up the solo medley verse, fucking drop the POA/With You encore rap I mean the entire encore is a disaster with the shortened songs...easily the worst I've encore I've seen them do WHICH IS WEIRD because it follows the best encore I've ever seen them do (2012's Tinfoil/Faint/LFY-Papercut/OSC). We'll see what happens in the USA. As long as they drop the shortened songs and play full songs with like APFMH, KTTK, ALITS then we will be in great shape.

The small things to me really make the differences. As a hardcore fan I appreciate those. Mike and Chester in the Atlanta 2008 preshow radio interview said that's a great reason to collect all of the live shows (back when they promoted all fans sharing them all) - there are small differences between each show. Now, there aren't many differences. I remember when we'd talk nightly about what was over POA at each show (2007-2009).

I thought Mike's solo medley would become the new POA. Europe was so promising with it, I mean the second show he did WTCFM, then did HHH at Jonas's request at Rock am Ring. I said DAMN we really have some good shit coming up here. And at the WPB rehearsal when I was getting ant bites on my fucking ass sitting in the grass trying to avoid getting caught by security while we listened to the rest of the rehearsal, he did WTCFM verse 2.

The tour went on and he didn't change it up AT ALL. Remember The Name to me is easily the worst verse to put over it, and it's a hybrid of both verses, oh man I'm not a fan of that one bit. I'd like to see HHH and I am going to request it in Orlando by telling Mike that it sounds gangster as fuck, which it does to me.

Change up the solo medley verse, fucking drop the POA/With You encore rap I mean the entire encore is a disaster with the shortened songs...easily the worst I've encore I've seen them do WHICH IS WEIRD because it follows the best encore I've ever seen them do (2012's Tinfoil/Faint/LFY-Papercut/OSC). We'll see what happens in the USA. As long as they drop the shortened songs and play full songs with like APFMH, KTTK, ALITS then we will be in great shape.

i agree with you. im getting sick of the shortened encore. im getting sick of ALL the shortened songs. at first it was cool and all but now its just boring.

Ahhh the old times, when they play full songs and every show was different, and they surprised us with something new like new verses over the songs, some rare stuff. But now, it's boring with shortened songs. I love the old times I talk about shows, not albums.

So, after being at the show in Leipzig yesterday, here's my point of view:

In advance, I only have seen the Rock am Ring show in full, no Carnivores or Brazil show.

In my opinion, this Set is one of the best they have ever done. Let me tell you why:

1: The shortened songs - I was really nervous before the show, thinking of how all this shortened stuff may appeal live. All in all, I have to say I liked it. The tempo is just so much higher and everything blends really well, especially in the encore. Honestly, I have seen Crawling and New Divide that often, I don't really have to hear the whole song again. And the live-version of Until It's Gone definitely makes the song better, since the studio version is pretty repetitve with the 2 verses sounding nearly the same.

But I dislike two things: Papercut (we all know how awesome this song is and that it should not be shortened in any way) and Lost In The Echo (that one is just too short, it doesn't make sense without a bridge). I would say Runaway is too short, too, but because it blends really well with Wastelands, I liked it.

2: The Ballad Medley - I honestly don't get all the hate towards this beauty. I would take this over any of these three songs in full any day. It is really well arranged, normally these three songs would have me getting bored but this just keeps 'em fresh. Also, the light show is perfectly synced to SOTD and Iridescent, absolutey stunning.

3. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version) - To argue about this, you have to see it live. The moment when Mike is like "You guys ready? 3-2-1" and the bass kicks in is just priceless. Just like the Ballad Medley, I normally dislike the song because it's too poppy and not "raw" enough, but this keeps things interesting.

4. The ATS pieces - I absolutely loved A Thousand Suns and the whole concept about it, the speeches by Oppenheimer and King still give me chills, so it had me amazed how well they built all these small parts of the album into the set. Blackout Intro, Robot Boy Intro, WJL and Radiance over COG (which is another reason why I love this version), Catalyst over BIO, fucking awesome! I understand they don't want or can't play all these songs in full, but this is a great compromise for all the fans of the album. They will recognize every single bit and they will love it.

5. The solos - I have seen videos of Joe's solo and was like "meh". But yesterday, my god was that awesome. The bass was really kicking and everything, man I honestly don't have the words to describe it. Loved Mike's solo, too, another bit for the ATS fans with W&K, and Remember The Name was awesome, too. Rob's solo is pretty much the same since years but it gets me everytime. These three are just geniune and I think they should stick to the whole solos thing.

All in all, of the five times I have seen the guys, this is definitely in the Top 3, maybe even Top 2. They definitely were on fire, you could see they had lots of fun and were pleased by the crowd. Even Brad, who is known for doing nearly nothing on stage was moving around, encouraging the crowd. Fun fact: Mike got a soap bubble machine from someone in the crowd, he was like "Can you give it to me? I like bubbles, man" and then moving around having fun with it :D