Unlisted Grey Daze Shows / Notes

LESTAT

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Mace said that he first met the band when they played covers during Electric Ballroom's After Hours nights and we know it means February 1995, in case it was the only month they played such shows.

Just to let everyone know, I'm working on the updated Grey Daze Story.

I'll rework the existing one and will add a lot of stuff. Some of it is already on this thread, but there's a pretty fucking interesting info I JUST got to know.

Just to let everyone know, I'm working on the updated Grey Daze Story.

I'll rework the existing one and will add a lot of stuff. Some of it is already on this thread, but there's a pretty fucking interesting info I JUST got to know.

btw, the "SistamattiX" band has been disbanded since 2011. The Grey Daze Story says that "Now, Dave and Jodi own Oz Tattoo and are playing in a band called SistamattiX."

The Oz Tattoo is correct, but Sistamattix has broken up.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150280921513142&id=292906563141

Dave Sardegna and Jodi Wendt (the people from post-Chester Grey Daze/Waterface) are currently in an Experimental Rock band called "A Distortion Named Melody"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Distortion-Named-Melody/133918500040201

Thank you.

Just finished the story. Everything that felt out of place in the previous one makes a lot of sense now. A lot of completely new info.

Not going to post it just yet, because there's still a possibility that I'll add at least one more interview to it.

Thank you.

Just finished the story. Everything that felt out of place in the previous one makes a lot of sense now. A lot of completely new info.

Not going to post it just yet, because there's still a possibility that I'll add at least one more interview to it.

In case you haven't seen this:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1488127078109141&id=100007355894746

• 2 months later...

As you can see on these ads (the same ads I posted a few pages ago), there's is something what seemed like a band called Club Tattoo listed on the bill on 1995.02.28 and 1995.05.23:

http://lplive.net/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-63-0-98381100-1420347532.jpg
http://lplive.net/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-63-0-66996700-1420347711.jpg

I emailed Sean the following question:

I was browsing through some old Electric Ballroom flyers with a ton of band names on it and there was some band or something called Club Tattoo. I believe it was active at the same time as Grey Daze was, because both Club Tattoo and Grey Daze dates can be found on the same ad. Does it has anything to do with your Club Tattoo?

He probably thought I meant that Grey Daze and Club Tattoo were listed on the same bill, so he answered:

It was a night that mace and I promoted with the band grey daze playing at it prior to us opening the shop.
We would have tattoo and piercing contests ETc.
when we decided to open the shop we used the name Club Tattoo since we had been promoting it for years.

Anyway, before being the shop, Club Tattoo was a show!

• 1 month later...

I need to inform everyone, that some of the stuff band members told me that was posted in this topic is probably incorrect. The band members largely contradict each other, so it is very hard to find out the truth, but I'm on my way for it. Be sure to check out the updated story that will be posted later this year for summary that will clear everything up.

• 1 month later...

Other Shows (Too little details & random mentions)

- Saw Mr Pink play with Greydays (chester bennington from linkin park's old band). I think I met Robin at that show. I have flyers from back then I'll have to hook up the scanner...

http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php/topic/27130-phx-music-family-tree/page-3

Contacted that guy. He wasn't able to find the flyer, but as far as he could remember, the show was in Big Fish Pub.

Moved the show from "Other Shows" to "Currently not in the guide".

Also, once we'll post the new Grey Daze Story, we'll add about six new shows to the guide (with the exact dates and even some setlists) and some stuff to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

Other Shows (Too little details & random mentions)

- I am not really picky when it comes to venues. I am excited to see music, and I'm happy to see it anywhere. My all-time favorite venue was when we used to set up generators and play in the desert back in the 90's. Rubens Accomplice, Gray Daze, Posted Green, Mandingo, and many more classic Arizona bands used to play these shows I put on in high school. Totally in the desert, totally fun. With that being said, I think my favorite place to see a show is Veterans Memorial Coliseum. I love it there. It's possible one of my favorite places in Arizona.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/08/river_jones_what_are_you_liste.php

I contacted River Jones and he sent me the flyer I attached to this post.

Reuben's Accomplice, Plaster Fish, Grey Daze and Posted Green in Electric Ballroom. Unfortunately, there's no date on the flyer, but he promised to figure it out! He was a drummer in Posted Green and is now playing under Alta Violet moniker.

11802010_10153093639171158_1351428778_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I contacted River Jones and he sent me the flyer I attached to this post.

Reuben's Accomplice, Plaster Fish, Grey Daze and Posted Green in Electric Ballroom. Unfortunately, there's no date on the flyer, but he promised to figure it out! He was a drummer in Posted Green and is now playing under Alta Violet moniker.

So according to River, the show took place around March 1995.

• 3 weeks later...

Source for the new update: http://lplive.net/wiki/db/exclusives/grey-daze-story

Added to the guide:

• 1994.10.06 Phoenix, AZ, David Knauer's Recording Studio, "Wake Me" Pre-Production Live Session
  • 1995.03.xx Electric Ballroom (with Posted Green & others) [not mentioned in the article. Info in the previous posts in this thread]
  • 1995.12.31 Tempe, AZ, Electric Ballroom, New Year's Eve (Opening for Vince Neil)
  • 1996.02.18 Phoenix, AZ, David Knauer's Recording Studio, Album Pre-Production Live Session
  • 1996.04.20 Phoenix, AZ, Desert Sky Pavilion(Opening for Michael Schenker Group)
  • 1996.12.03 Tempe, AZ, Conservatory Of Recording Arts & Sciences, "No Sun Today" Pre-Production Live Session
  • xxxx.xx.xx West Hollywood, CA, Whisky a Go Go
Added to "Currently not in the guide" section:
  • Grey Daze playing with Phunk Junkeez and Caroline's Spine @ Electric Ballroom in 1994
It was mentioned during the interview @ The Saltmine and during the interview with Jonathan Krause:

When I played, the most memorable shows we're opening up for the Phunk Junkeez and a show that we played at Bennigan's outside in the parking lot. Both shows were packed and I think we're just coming into our own. Chester was a great frontman. He was beginning to really draw the crowd in. I remember at the Phunk Junkeez show there were some fans in front of the stage that I gave high 5s too. Cheesy, but fun at the same time. Kind of living the moment.

Also added the same quote to the "Other Shows (Too little details & random mentions)" section because of the mentioned Bennigan's show.

Also added the following quote from Jonathan to "Other Shows (Too little details & random mentions)":

I remember playing a lot of shows with them including Club Rio, many times at the Electric Ballroom, all the Rally Kap shows, Long Wong's, Paradise Cafe, and all while managing to record at several studios, do a photo shoot in California and practice 3 or 4 nights a week.