Darien Center, NY Audio [FLAC]

hahninator

In an era without DSPs (the first touring cycle without them since Meteora), audience recordings are much appreciated and it appears that the first one has surfaced from Carnivores Tour!

Darien Center, the LPU Summit show from August 21st, has a 16 bit and 24 bit lossless audio recording up on TheTradersDen for fans to download! We'd like to thank jpeace/Binko for recording the show and sharing it online!

16 bit FLAC

24 bit FLAC

This is the full show and it was recorded with AT31 mics (aka, pretty good stuff) so this will be a recording you don't want to miss!

Too bad that I don't listen to FLAC. I hope this show will appear in MP3 at some point, it was a good show.

You've been a lplive member for such a long time now, you should really learn how to convert it, it just takes a few minutes and it's super easy.

Not only that but for audience recordings, FLAC is a hell of an upgrade. It bothers me that we don't have FLAC for a few shows like Sendai 2006...

I really don't care much about audience recordings anyways, so I don't feel the need when all of my digital music collection is in MP3. I'd much rather listen to officially released audio or video. IMO, most of the LP live stuff that the band has officially released is better than like 98% of all audience recordings.

Thats just like your opinion man, but anyway as long as they dont continue with the DSPs thats all we get for the other shows.

Yeah, I was just saying in my own personal opinion. I know a lot of people love audience recordings and care passionately about them, more power to them. I just happen to love shows like Live In Texas, Road To Revolution, Madrid 2010, Berlin 2012, Mexico 2012, all the DSP's, all LPU live tracks, all live tracks included on singles, etc.

If you want PR '04, you can listen to LPU4. If you want Summer Sonic '06, you can listen to LPU 6 or WID single. Plus countless other fan favorite tours. LPU4 provided the special stuff from the tour, Hip Hop Medley, Wish and OSC with Jonathan. LPU6 provided the special stuff as well, Qwerty and RME, PMA piano, etc. Live In Texas is just as good as any 2003 show, Milton Keynes is just as good as any PR 08 show, but you get Jay-Z instead of Busta, etc. this is all my opinoon.

Edited by Geki

If you want PR '04, you can listen to LPU4. If you want Summer Sonic '06, you can listen to LPU 6 or WID single. Plus countless other fan favorite tours. LPU4 provided the special stuff from the tour, Hip Hop Medley, Wish and OSC with Jonathan. LPU6 provided the special stuff as well, Qwerty and RME, PMA piano, etc. Live In Texas is just as good as any 2003 show, Milton Keynes is just as good as any PR 08 show, but you get Jay-Z instead of Busta, etc. this is all my opinoon.

Except you forgot that not everything is included. I wish it was that simple. They should release one show from each major tour (including 2006) so that this problem is solved.

LPU 4 doesn't have the epic Don't Stay Gacela show intro, the F.09 -> FTI transition or the BTH -> Numb transition. Thankfully the Hip Hop Medley, Wish and OSC are included. And BTH from RaR. LPU 6 doesn't have select great moments from that show BUT I am glad that it DOES include QWERTY, Reading My Eyes, PMA and BTH (all highlights from that setlist). From The Inside and Faint on the WID single from Summer Sonic 2006 are epic too, wow.

I disagree with Milton Keynes but hey we all have an opinion. LP always goes with the setlist they are most comfortable with for a release/webcast (typically; and I can give a lengthy explanation on that if needed, but 2007-now I have many examples)...Set X shouldn't have been jumbled though. Reading My Eyes should have stayed. Y and Z to me were superior setlists and I love them...X is missing some good stuff like Pushing Me Away studio, APFMH, Valentine's Day, etc.

Anyway I came here to say WOW - the Darien recording is EXCELLENT. Really good quality.

They should release one show from each major tour (including 2006) so that this problem is solved.

Now that it's like the old days again (without DSP's), I wouldn't mind getting some 'exclusive live tracks' again on LPU albums, the special stuff like ALTNC live, for example.

Edited by Geki

I wish more audience recorded audios surfaced because I prefer them against SBD recordings, maybe if not every recording is cleand sounding. I like them because capture of the venue and crowd athmosphere. The latest official SBD releases sounded too sterile for me.

Edited by LPMaskMan

Agree, comes close to 2008.07.19 Camden, NJ United States Susquehanna Bank Center AUD recording, in my opinion. ;)

Agreed, but I'm biased when it comes to that particular recording. :lol:

I wish more audience recorded audios surfaced because I prefer them against SBD recordings, maybe if not every recording is cleand sounding. I like them because capture of the venue and crowd athmosphere. The latest official SBD releases sounded too sterile for me.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Good sounding recording! Here's a MP3 encode:

2014-08-21 - Darien Center, NY, Darien Lake Performing Arts Center [VBR]

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/89404533/file.html

Thanks Max. Had grabbed the flacs but hadn't had time to convert to mp3. Saves me a bit of time.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...