2014.08.09 - Tampa, FL, George M. Steinbrenner Field

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtu.be/834_VVFzz-w runaway into wastelands sounds like mike says take it bak to 88 or somthing like that

Can't honestly tell if he just messed up the lyrics or if he changed something. Need better audio to be sure. I guess it's something to watch out for at future shows.

I'm doing the post of this show for my site, and i found GATS...

Holy mother of synchronization... The intro is great but GATS sounds horrible to me after the second guitar enters. Maybe is not the best video/audio to talk about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKAW8X9f7s

Is it just me or you can hear some of The Summoning in the beginning of the intro?

Yes, The Summoning is in there, and WTF, how the hell did anyone come up with "Session/The Requiem/The Catalyst/GATS" for that intro? I literally just hear The Summoning, some samples from GATS, and a bunch of other unidentifiable shit. No Requiem/Catalyst/Session at all as far as I can tell...

I'm doing the post of this show for my site, and i found GATS...

Holy mother of synchronization... The intro is great but GATS sounds horrible to me after the second guitar enters. Maybe is not the best video/audio to talk about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKAW8X9f7s

The intro is really great. Brilliantly works as an introduction to the concert. It builds tension to the first song, not like Catalyst/Requiem thing. I felt that it is like a separate piece, not an introduction to the show. The current intro is just amazing! :D But I agree with Astat. I can't hear any samples of Session. For me it is like a combination of The Summoning, The Catalyst, and something completely new.

On the other hand Guilty All The Same sounds as always. For me, nothing special, it's okay. Party of second guitar in the mix is highly turned down on album version. Therefore, in the concert, sound of a 'solo part' is a little bit different.

Edited by blackout.

Can't honestly tell if he just messed up the lyrics or if he changed something. Need better audio to be sure. I guess it's something to watch out for at future shows.

Sounds like he definitely changed it up, and didn't just screw up, but I can't tell what he's saying. I hear something along the lines of "play it like it's 1988" near the end. I don't know though. Maybe he did just fuck up, but I can hear other words in there that make me think he intentionally did it differently.

Yes, The Summoning is in there, and WTF, how the hell did anyone come up with "Session/The Requiem/The Catalyst/GATS" for that intro? I literally just hear The Summoning, some samples from GATS, and a bunch of other unidentifiable shit. No Requiem/Catalyst/Session at all as far as I can tell...

Mark told me Session/Requiem/GATS/Catalyst :P

So I'm changing it to The Summoning/The Requiem/GATS?

Really fun show, even with the start being pushed back 40mins. Have to agree with those being against the shortened songs. While it's awesome to see that many songs on the setlist it's just disappointing to be jamming to a song and it only lasts a minute.

On a semi-related note,

does anyone know why the show was at the baseball stadium instead of the ampitheater at the fairgrounds where they usually play in Tampa?

Mark told me Session/Requiem/GATS/Catalyst :P

So I'm changing it to The Summoning/The Requiem/GATS?

I'd hold off on it for now until we get better quality audio to determine what's in there. You'd probably just have to change it again. The weird thing is, the on-stage setlists still refer to it as "Requiem/Catalyst intro" with a "(cutting 8 bars)" note next to it...yet it's definitely a COMPLETELY different piece. :lol:

Also, another correction: New Divide DOES have the bridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxJTFjysnqo Exactly the same as the Europe version, with the addition of an outro beat transition into Crawling.

I'd hold off on it for now until we get better quality audio to determine what's in there. You'd probably just have to change it again. The weird thing is, the on-stage setlists still refer to it as "Requiem/Catalyst intro" with a "(cutting 8 bars)" note next to it...yet it's definitely a COMPLETELY different piece. :lol:

Listening... Session is definitely in there. Listen to the beginning after the explosion thing. You can hear the intro of Session in that.

It's organized like this: Explosion > Session Intro > 1stp Klosr Synth > Requiem "ooh" > The Summoning background > Catalyst "Lift me up, Let me go" > GATS Drums

Mark's saying he's pretty sure the intro they've been doing the first two shows was different than the one at the rehearsal. Maybe that's where the "cut 8 bars" note on the setlist comes from. He seems to think there was a more substantial Session portion towards the beginning.

We should hopefully get this straightened out soon.

*Edit* I hear everything you're talking about now except the Session sample (I'm also not entirely convinced that the synth thing is from 1STP KLOSR, pretty sure it's the same one from the original Requiem/Catalyst intro, which I was even debating back then). If Session's in there, it's literally audible for like 1.5 seconds before the "main" synth comes in.

Edited by Astat

*Edit* I hear everything you're talking about now except the Session sample (I'm also not entirely convinced that the synth thing is from 1STP KLOSR, pretty sure it's the same one from the original Requiem/Catalyst intro, which I was even debating back then). If Session's in there, it's literally audible for like 1.5 seconds before the "main" synth comes in.

You can hear the Session sample from 0:17 to 0:20, it's definitely not a 'main part' of the mashup.

I'm considering just inputting it as "Mashup Intro" and put what's in it in the song notes like we do with Joe's and Mike's medleys.

Really fun show, even with the start being pushed back 40mins. Have to agree with those being against the shortened songs. While it's awesome to see that many songs on the setlist it's just disappointing to be jamming to a song and it only lasts a minute.

On a semi-related note,

does anyone know why the show was at the baseball stadium instead of the ampitheater at the fairgrounds where they usually play in Tampa?

I heard from a guard there they didn't think the amphetheatre would sell out, so they held it at the field.

You can hear the Session sample from 0:17 to 0:20, it's definitely not a 'main part' of the mashup.

I'm considering just inputting it as "Mashup Intro" and put what's in it in the song notes like we do with Joe's and Mike's medleys.

Having a powwow with Mark in a bit. We're gonna figure this shit out. :lol:

I am positive I heard Session in it.

It appears the show intro for this was different than what they used in WPB and Tampa....? The drums appear to be longer than what they are using to open the show. I believe this intro was changed for the tour after the rehearsal. Hard to determine that right this second.

The very start of 0:01-0:03 is the VERY beginning of Session on Meteora. Then it goes into what sounds like 3 seconds of 1Stp Klosr.

Session/1Stp Klosr/GATS/Summoning/Requiem.

Let's call it Requiem/Catalyst Intro 2.0 or something?

Let's call it Requiem/Catalyst Intro 2.0 or something?

I'll put that in, if we decide to change it again it's not a problem.

Should I put "w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, Guilty All The Same, and The Summoning' in the song notes, too?

I thought that Linkin Park put on one heck of a show last night at Steinbrenner field, they literally hit it out of the park with their performance. After all of the talk about how the previous show was cut short, and Chester being hurt, after seeing what I saw yesterday, I'm very excited for the fans that are going to be able to watch this band play an amazing set with nothing but hit after hit, with amazing transitions and surprises throughout. Of course there's going to be a lot of talk about which songs should be cut, which songs should be extended, but at the end of the day we are truly lucky to be seeing the best band ever play in front of our eyes! Being able to transition from song to song and cut and mix songs takes to skill and is an art in and of itself, so appreciate it while you can folks!

Viva LP!!!!

Alright, got it. Corrections/confirmations of corrections we've already made for the WHOLE setlist (this includes both shows so far, plus the production rehearsal, except when noted otherwise):

-The new intro contains the following, roughly in order: Session, 1STP KLOSR, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, and Guilty All the Same. The 1STP KLOSR sample was also present in the original Requiem/Catalyst intro, so it should be added/noted on previous show pages too (it's basically a short 3-5 second loop of the intro droning synth from 1STP KLOSR, pitched up half a step). The new intro was apparently slightly longer at the production rehearsal, which is probably the origin of the "cutting 8 bars" note on the setlist (although that doesn't explain why it's still listed by the title of the previous intro!). I'd go with "Session/1STP KLOSR/The Requiem/The Summoning/The Catalyst/Guilty All the Same (Mashup Intro)" and shorten the song titles as necessary to make it fit (we'll probably just have to use "GATS"). I would just call the production rehearsal version "extended mashup intro" or something to note that it was longer and make a show note about it.

-As previously noted, the Runaway/Wastelands transition is exactly the same except for Chester doing the first line of the Runaway bridge before Mike starts rapping.

-Lost in the Echo: This one has been shortened from Europe, and now just goes Intro > Verse 1 > Chorus > Outro. The chorus is actually Chorus 1, but with the Chorus 3 ending/transition into the outro (it starts like Chorus 1 but has the scream transition into the outro).

-New Divide: This is exactly the same version from Europe, with the addition of an outro beat transition into Crawling.

-Crawling/With You: This should be one entry, the With You verse is done over one of the sampled beats from Crawling and comes right out of the end of the song. As for Crawling itself, it's longer than the Europe version, but appears to be at the same faster tempo. This time, it goes Intro > Chorus 1 > Verse 1 > Last Chorus/Outro. "Crawling (Shortened - no Verse 2, ext. outro w/With You v1, faster tempo)" is probably how I'd note it.

-Lastly, as previously mentioned, Until It's Gone is shortened with the second half of Verse 1, all of Chorus 1, and the first half of Verse 2 cut. The remaining "hybrid verse" does a kind of crossfade thing halfway through it.

One thing I'm still not clear on: Was the Rebellion intro extended? I've heard some reports that it was, but none of the videos of it currently show the very beginning of the song.

Edited by Astat