2014.08.09 - Tampa, FL, George M. Steinbrenner Field

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still shortened Until It's Gone. Disappointing.

The way Chester was talking about the set list for the tour, I don't think LP even wanted to include Until It's Gone, actually. He said they were ''thinking we might include Until It's Gone, too'' and he then went on to say there would be about 5 or 6 songs from the new album, a healthy dose. I guess he is sort of right.

The way Chester was talking about the set list for the tour, I don't think LP even wanted to include Until It's Gone, actually. He said they were ''thinking we might include Until It's Gone, too'' and he then went on to say there would be about 5 or 6 songs from the new album, a healthy dose. I guess he is sort of right.

I'd rather have them keep the short version than nothing. I'll take new song from THP instead. Mark The Graves would be great live! Mike and Brad would have a blast jammin' together!

I have to correct something, because LPL has been getting it totally wrong since the production rehearsal. Until It's Gone actually goes half of verse 1 > half of verse 2, then the rest of the song. They actually cut the second half of verse 1, the first chorus, and the first half of verse 2. They literally do one verse and switch from v1 to v2 halfway through it. It's in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khlVv7PgS6Y

Also, clarifying the Runaway outro: It's exactly the same as it was on the Europe tour, just with the addition of Chester doing the first line of the bridge right before Mike goes into the Wastelands verse.

Pretty sure there are a couple other things we need to tweak, but still waiting for more video.

I have to correct something, because LPL has been getting it totally wrong since the production rehearsal. Until It's Gone actually goes half of verse 1 > half of verse 2, then the rest of the song. They actually cut the second half of verse 1, the first chorus, and the first half of verse 2. They literally do one verse and switch from v1 to v2 halfway through it. It's in this video:

Also, clarifying the Runaway outro: It's exactly the same as it was on the Europe tour, just with the addition of Chester doing the first line of the bridge right before Mike goes into the Wastelands verse.

Pretty sure there are a couple other things we need to tweak, but still waiting for more video.

I thought it would be bad but I actually don't mind until it's gone like that, I don't think it takes a lot away from the song and it saves time I guess.

I thought it would be bad but I actually don't mind until it's gone like that, I don't think it takes a lot away from the song and it saves time I guess.

I just don't get the point. They've shown they're willing to break curfew on this tour, yet they felt the need to shorten the biggest single from their most recent album that just came out 7 weeks ago by approximately 45 seconds? Really?

I just don't get the point. They've shown they're willing to break curfew on this tour, yet they felt the need to shorten the biggest single from their most recent album that just came out 7 weeks ago by approximately 45 seconds? Really?

I don't get the point of a lot of things there doing, there adding so much things to the set list that really aren't needed, think about it you take out the little runaway part and you can play full until it's gone and have extra time, you take out either the robot boy or blackout intro and you can make maybe papercut complete. There adding all these medleys and intros that are nice but really there not needed.

I have to correct something, because LPL has been getting it totally wrong since the production rehearsal. Until It's Gone actually goes half of verse 1 > half of verse 2, then the rest of the song. They actually cut the second half of verse 1, the first chorus, and the first half of verse 2. They literally do one verse and switch from v1 to v2 halfway through it. It's in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khlVv7PgS6Y

I'll fix the UIG Intro note. I think I'll just put "Shortened" in the song notes and elaborate on it in the show notes.

Fixing Runaway too.

Any corrections to what ever the hell LP is doing is welcome, it's hard to word some of these things :lol:

Who the fuck would want to pay for a LP show and then you get that crap instead lol

Karaoke party almost over =(

The karaoke machine did not arrive on time to the venue.

this is all very amusing JZE, but it's not contributing anything to the discussion about the show itself.

please stop spamming.

The show was really really fantastic. Band was on FIRE. Complete turnaround from the West Palm Beach show. Chester is a lot better, he was at 100%. A cool note to add is that Mike and Chester came down to the pit after the show and took a selfie with the crowd. Chester also spent almost the entirety of Bleed It Out down in the pit taking photos and hugging people down in the front rows. Mike changed tr transition rap verse between Runaway and Wastelands a little bit. He changed a few of the lines but I didnt recognize what he was rapping at all. Hopefully a video will pop up soon. GREAT show tonight though. Very excited for the rest of the tour.

If any THP should be shortened, it should be Guilty All The Same. Mike rapping Rakim's part is fine, but that's not how is done on the album, so skip that part. I wonder if there's a demo of GATS with Mike instead of Rakim.

The Rap part is the best thing in the song imo. Skipping that would totally ruin it for me.

None of THP songs should be shortened. I don't know how they can do this to a song of their latest album which they also promote on this tour. Senseless....

Edited by wiiesel

Mike changed tr transition rap verse between Runaway and Wastelands a little bit. He changed a few of the lines but I didnt recognize what he was rapping at all.

Do you think it was just Mike messing up or him actually rapping something different?

I don't know why i like the setlist, but i don't like the way they are playing the setlist. 27 songs for a Linkin Park setlist is amazing but 7 or maybe more songs are partially played, without the second verse?

One of the most important bands in the world after 14 years still playing really short setlist compared with other bands... :huh: