2014.07.24 - San Diego, CA - mtvU Fandom Awards

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the FM music video may be uploaded on YT today or at least this week. I think they may upload it today after the show (where it will have the live debut)

When it comes to LP future and playing songs off the album. I think they should play every song live from the album for a tour, and then only keep the best ones (the ones the crowd reacted best to and singles) in the set for future tours. Or rotate the set every couple of shows, that would be entataining

i hate this idea of them only playing one setlist, they should do what they did on the A Thousand Suns world tour. They always played the 3 singles (The Catalyst, Waiting For The End, Iridescent) but then some nights they would do When they Come For me and Burning in the skies. Then on the other setlist they would do Blackout and Wretches And Kings, then the odd time they would do The Messenger. I think LP should just play the 3 singles (GATS, UIG, FM) then play Wastelands, Keys To The Kingdom one night then Rebellion, War the next and then swap in A line in the Sand sometime. I know this would be alot to ask because playing Keys to The Kingdom and Rebellion would be costly.. but they can take out Given up and With you or something. I would way rather hear these new songs then old medicore songs. But that's just how I feel.

Edited by BIBBLE

So, let's do this.

Date: July 24, 2014
Venue: Petco Park
Venue Type: Stadium
Venue Website: http://www.petcoparkevents.com/

Event: mtvU Fandom Awards @ Comic-Con
Show #: 1 of 1
Other Bands: G-Eazy

SETLIST:
1. Guilty All The Same (Rehearsal)
----------------------------------------------------
1. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
2. Points Of Authority (Short Intro)
3. The Catalyst / The Requiem (Mashup Intro)
4. Guilty All The Same
5. Wastelands

6. Until It's Gone

7. Faint (Ext. Outro)

8. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:
- On June 5th, the band announced, "Linkin Park will be headlining the first ever mtvU Fandom Awards and the corresponding MTV Fan Fest which will both be taking place at Comic-Con International: San Diego at Petco Park on July 24th. Free admission to MTV Fan Fest will be open to all Comic-Con badge holders."
- The band soundchecked 'Guilty All The Same' earlier in the day.

Other Notes:
- Tyler Oakley, a popular Youtuber, interviewed the band onstage before they performed.
- The waiting line was atrocious before the show. Almost an hour after the show was scheduled to start (7:00), there were still fans waiting in line to enter the venue.

Edited by Søuł

Show was supposed to start an hour and 40 minutes ago...and not a peep from anybody, despite Comic Con being the #1 trending topic on Twitter at the moment. WTF.

I'm thinking they go on at their regular time, 9:20. G-Eazy hasn't gone on stage yet, as far as I know, though...

NOTE: Show starts at 10:05PST (One hour left, pretty much) Source

Edited by Søuł

They must be playing a full set, they just played Points of Authority..

I don't think full set, Joe is doing a Q&A for Mall, as well as a screening for it in less than an hour from now. Unless it will be delayed.

I don't think full set, Joe is doing a Q&A for Mall, as well as a screening for it in less than an hour from now. Unless it will be delayed.

They got to be playing at least ten songs if they played POA and GU

There playing Wastelands rn it sounds good

Edited by BIBBLE