Linkin Park Unveils New Guests On New Album

hahninator

Two more collabs on the album even though Mike said it was unlikely there'd be anymore other than Rakim.

Middle of summer release could be accurate but then again, given what Mike said above, it wouldn't surprise me if they sprung this album on us by surprise

Who knows?!

Two more collabs on the album even though Mike said it was unlikely there'd be anymore other than Rakim.

Middle of summer release could be accurate but then again, given what Mike said above, it wouldn't surprise me if they sprung this album on us by surprise

Who knows?!

they cant reveal everything

Credits to MikeShinodaClan.com,

A guy from "hardDrive Radio" name Dirt, was on the listening party held by Mike Shinoda last Friday. Here's the summary:

1. Mike played 5 of the 12 songs that will be on The Hunting Party album, now with a TBA release date later this summer.

2. The band is still in the mixing stages on all and final recording stages on the rest.

3. The 5 songs, “Keys To The Kingdom,” “The Wastelands,” “Until It’s Gone,” “All For Nothing” (featuring Paige Hamilton of Helmet!) and “Rebellion” (featuring Daron Malakian of System Of A Down) were all still unmixed, but every one sounded great!

4. The band self-produced except for one of the tunes (maybe it was “The Wastelands,” which was co-produced by Warner Bros Records president and A&R chief Rob Cavallo.)

5. Each song was better than the next, they are all extremely heavy, and as Mike said, some may even sound like prequels to their first album, Hybrid Theory.

6. The guitars are smoking, it was all recorded live to tape. (Well, there still are some electronic elements, but they are certainly only a condiment rather than a meal here.)

For the full article, check the link below

Source: http://www.harddriveradio.com/dirt/monday-apr-07

Edited by Stranger

It was said somewhere that GATS falls in between the tone of the album, so I imagine there are heavier songs and softer songs. I hope some of these are the heavier songs. GATS is super heavy instrumentally, but I want to hear some really aggressive vocals, too.