Questions

Skipees

What happens to the footage of the concert after the show? Does Linkin Park management has it or usually the recording company just deletes it afterwards?

Edited by wark

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard LP/management usually acquires the footage, I guess they make it part of the contract that they own it, even going as far that the company that recorded it has to delete it after handing it over. It seems like they are very strict about this stuff these days.

? what linkin park doing on the ozzfest 2000 sampler they played ozzfest 2001.and as far as part of me goes after the song ends was it suppose to be another song as a hidden track or what.cause theres a long hidden track on there

Only 2 bands on this sampler actually played at Ozzfest 2000. I think it's just a sampler that features Warner / Reprise artists and doesn't have much to do with the Ozzfest 2000 event and lineup, and just seems to borrow the name. It's just a promo CD anyway.

I don't understand what exactly your question about Part Of Me is but the hidden track after the minutes of noise is a different track. It was also widely discussed on page 1 of this thread.

Which songs were on the tape, that Jeff Blue sent to Chester?

Tough to say. There's one interview where Chester basically says it was an instrumental version of the Xero demo, and another where he mentions the same tape and then says something like "If you want an idea of what those songs sounded like, one of them was an early version of A Place For My Head on Hybrid Theory."

Tough to say. There's one interview where Chester basically says it was an instrumental version of the Xero demo, and another where he mentions the same tape and then says something like "If you want an idea of what those songs sounded like, one of them was an early version of A Place For My Head on Hybrid Theory."

I just wanted this question to be added to the list of questions we have to ask someone from the band.

I always thought Not Alone was worked upon completely in MTM era maybe this was the 17th track of MTM.

When released for DTD Haiti it was reworked or rerecorded.

Could be, because they released ATL, Blackbirds & Not Alone all around the same time basically (Late 2009 into early 2010). We also then got WWDK on LPUX later in 2010.

Could be, because they released ATL, Blackbirds & Not Alone all around the same time basically (Late 2009 into early 2010). We also then got WWDK on LPUX later in 2010.

Was Download for donate not released in 2008 ? Sounds obviously to me that Not Alone was a MTM demo. Universe was also a MTM demo (we know that now from the LPU13 release), which is used for a song by Lupe Fiasco which is also on download to donate. Due to the Tour in 2008 in Europe and later in the states, I think it is obvious that Not alone was a MTM demo.

Blackbirds and ATL were released in 2009, all other MTM demos comes right after that.

Was Download for donate not released in 2008 ? Sounds obviously to me that Not Alone was a MTM demo. Universe was also a MTM demo (we know that now from the LPU13 release), which is used for a song by Lupe Fiasco which is also on download to donate. Due to the Tour in 2008 in Europe and later in the states, I think it is obvious that Not alone was a MTM demo.

Blackbirds and ATL were released in 2009, all other MTM demos comes right after that.

"Not Alone", "Resurrection", and "Blackbirds" were released in 2010.

Not Alone was released with ''Download To Donate For Haiti'' in January 2010. Pretend To Be is probably the track you are thinking of from 2008, but we also got that demo in 2010 with LPUX, same as What We Don't Know which a 2007 demo. We got Blackbirds with 8-Bit Rebellion in March or April 2010, I can't remember which month, but it was one of those. It later appeared as a bonus track on some editions of A Thousand Suns. Across The Line was released in November or December of 2009, again, can't remember which month, but it was one of those. Across The Line is a 2007 demo. I think it's safe to say that out of all the songs that LP were considering for MTM (the 19 or less 'final' tracks), ATL, NRL, WWDK and Blackbirds were definitely some of those songs. You can even hear early versions of ATL and Blackbirds on The Making Of MTM. NRL is obvious because it was included as bonus track for MTM. WWDK is obvious because it is a 2007 demo and a completed songs (completed vocals, completed instruments, completed lyrics, etc) and it is in the same vain as ATL to me. Pretend To Be, Not Alone and Debris were all apparently ''MTM demos'' but were worked on later than 2006-2007. We can even hear a short clip of Debris being worked on during the Meeting Of A Thousand Suns DVD. I think it's safe to say that maybe Not Alone could have been one of these tracks, who knows...

I believe Not Alone was an extra MTM song that was completed, then they went back and redid the vocals for it for Download To Donate.

Remember that ATL was edited before it was put on LPU9. The "finished" version of that song was the demo with the acetate intro... then LP cut the intro for LPU9. NRL apparently had those sampled drums all throughout it before it was released, but it dropped with MTM so I call the normal one the finished version. Weird lol. I wonder if they did anything to Blackbirds or WWDK. I doubt it.

Pretend To Be is weird to me. I think that one was an MTM song that was worked on in 2008.

I believe Not Alone was an extra MTM song that was completed, then they went back and redid the vocals for it for Download To Donate.

Remember that ATL was edited before it was put on LPU9. The "finished" version of that song was the demo with the acetate intro... then LP cut the intro for LPU9. NRL apparently had those sampled drums all throughout it before it was released, but it dropped with MTM so I call the normal one the finished version. Weird lol. I wonder if they did anything to Blackbirds or WWDK. I doubt it.

Pretend To Be is weird to me. I think that one was an MTM song that was worked on in 2008.

So the version of NRL that we got with the iTunes Remaster was essentially more of a demo mix than the version we got in 2007 with the iTunes Pre-Order / MTM Tour Edition? Never knew that, pretty cool. I don't think they did anything to Blackbirds, but I could be wrong. The small clip of Blackbirds that we heard on The Making of MTM sounds essentially the same. Nothing has really ever been said about WWDK except for the fact that it was a MTM song. I'd say all 4 of those (NRL, ATL, Blackbirds, WWDK) were part of that original 19 or less bunch. I wish we could just get this cleared up once and for all. Lol.

EDIT: PTB definitely sounds like a MTM song to me, it fits very well with the rest of the MTM songs and demos. Just that 2008 title is confusing. We know the band works on demos from previous album cycles, etc. But it seems it was finished in 2008 and given to us with LPUX, maybe it was just a case like ATL where the band just edited something small (like the acetate intro to ATL) and released it. PTB could actually be one of those 19 or less tracks. Debris on the other hand was worked on in 2009/2010, so I highly doubt that was one of the 19 or less tracks. It was labeled a MTM demo, but it was very uncompleted and Brad's notes for LPU12 make me think it was never completed at all after trying with ATS. If you watch the making of Not Alone, it seems the band had all the music and melodies done for the song during the MTM period and they just re-worked the lyrics a little to fit the Haiti thing more. I think PTB is the most likely candidate out of these batch of MTM demos.

Edited by Geki

I couldn't remember the exact date where download to donate was done, all I know was that Lupe fiascos song contains the Universe MTM demo and LP released Not alone on DTD. I guess I mixed up some dates.

You are good informed. thx.

I couldn't remember the exact date where download to donate was done, all I know was that Lupe fiascos song contains the Universe MTM demo and LP released Not alone on DTD. I guess I mixed up some dates.

You are good informed. thx.

Not trying to act all know it all and shit like that, I'm just very interested in deciphering what that last song could have been. I'm a huge MTM fan.

I wish we could just get this cleared up once and for all. Lol.

I bet if someone asked Mike or Chester they would give a version of "I'm not sure" lol

I do agree that PTB sounds like it could have been a MTM song though.

Edited by Justin

• 3 weeks later...

I would add:

What happened to Mark Wakefield after he left Xero?

This is an answerable one - he went on to manage a band called Taproot. He also did a song called 'Barack Your World' with Mike Shinoda under the name 'White Pegacorn' in 2008.

I would add:

What happened to Mark Wakefield after he left Xero?

Mark Wakefield has been a high-ranking manager at Velvet Hammer Music and Management Group for many years. He's had a bunch of different artists under his wing over the years - Taproot, AFI, Alice in Chains, Deftones, Cypress Hill, Scars On Broadway, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

How many different versions of It's Goin' Down are there? I have the album ''Built From Scratch'' and obviously It's Goin' Down is on that. I want to get all the different versions.

How many different versions of It's Goin' Down are there? I have the album ''Built From Scratch'' and obviously It's Goin' Down is on that. I want to get all the different versions.

8. Album version, demo version, promo version, radio edit #1, radio edit #2, video edit, instrumental, "scratchapella."

I made a thread about this topic years ago but it's probably outdated by now. I don't think I knew about the 2 different radio edits at the time.

Edited by Astat