Facebook Q&A With Mike Shinoda

Skipees

Also, Hybrid Theory IN FULL is an "exclusive" to Download. They could drop one song and it wouldn't be under that label anymore. *cough*Cure For The Itch*cough*

this.

we don't even know if CFTI applies. it might have been left out of the contract on the ground that it be a PA intro, rather than a song that was "played"

They know that we all want that, I hope they find a loophole (if it's really a contract thing) to make more people happy. Maybe it's even enough if they change the song order or spread the songs throughout the set, or at least add By Myself, PMA and Forgotten to the other sets as well.

Drop CFTI because it doesn't fit in the context of a regular show setlist in most cases, drop Crawling because Chester can't sing it anymore, drop Runaway because Chester hates it so much he'll probably throw a fit if he has to perform it more than once anyway, and (unpopular opinion coming up, I'm sure) drop Points of Authority because it went from being one of the highlights of the set with the intros/outros on the MTM cycle to being one of the most forgettable songs in the setlist in album version form on the Living Things cycle. Bam, 8 tracks from Hybrid Theory still in the set, including the ones that have been neglected the longest.

I'd argue for dropping By Myself too because I think the song is garbage, but for the sake of not having the entirety of LPL coming after me with pitchforks, I'll let it pass. :lol:

*gets torch and pitchfork from the barn* just kidding

I don't miss Crawling at all, just like ITE it's one of those songs you "sit through" at shows, the crowd singing loud to ITE makes it great though, I love that part.

POA was one of the highlights of the HCT no doubt, even without all the intro/outro stuff, that needed a rest as well, it's good that they change stuff up once in a while.

With You sounds kinds weak, especially without the cmoooon in the beginning, it's just not the same anyway, we all miss it, it belongs to the damn song.

APFMH is solid as always, they could extend the bridge more.

By Myself is not a masterpiece but I'd like to see it at least. I'm pretty sure Chester will struggle with that one as well as he does with With You.

Papercut is one of those songs that should stay, the crowd goes crazy on that one.

I honestly wouldn't want too much of HT taking up a set, but if it's for a special thing like Download where they will be playing the whole album, go for it. I wouldn't want songs like By Myself, Forgotten, Cure For The Itch, Pushing Me Away or Runaway to return to a main set. They weren't singles and it would be unfair to fans of other albums that can't see the non-singles from those albums return. I would love to see Wake, Hands Held High, No More Sorrow, Valentine's Day, In Between, In Pieces and The Little Things all return into the set, but they won't, for example. They shouldn't add Crawling back to the sets because Chester struggles with it. The rest I say keep. I've never been a huge fan of With You either, but they kept that one.