01.11.2013 - Biloxi, MS, Hard Rock Live

hahninator

Tonight Stone Temple Pilots will play at Hard Rock Live in Biloxi, Mississippi for a one-off show before Houston's Buzzfest show on November 2nd. These are the only two shows for the band for the month of November. Luckily for fans, this show will be webcasted and is the first STP webcast since their first show with Chester all the way back at the KROQ Weenie Roast in May (show page here).

Posted Image

From STP.com:

"This Friday night (November 1st), EVNTLIVE will offer fans a free, live stream of our concert starting at 8 p.m. CDT from Biloxi, MS! Anyone who reserves a free ticket to the live stream in advance will be entered into a giveaway to win a signed copy of our new EP, ‘High Rise’!

Click here to reserve your ticket now:

https://www.evntlive.com/#!/artist/1000228"

The show will be aired live PLUS there will be "encore" showings, meaning it will be shown again at least two more times. Hopefully this gives fans a chance to record it! Who will be watching?

At the band's last two full shows in Japan, they stuck with the same headlining setlist that the second half of the USA tour saw in September. We expect them to play this setlist again in Biloxi, but it's possible they'll surprise us and play more songs from the High Rise EP!

After this show, STP will embark on a short "U.S. holiday show" tour in December, where they will play seven shows, six of which are some sort of December festival show. The first of those is in Grand Prairie, Texas on December 5th. For the full list of dates for that tour, click here.

SETLIST:

01. Down

02. Big Bang Baby

03. Vasoline

04. Dead & Bloated

05. Out Of Time

06. Meatplow

07. Silvergun Superman

08. Church On Tuesday (Guitar Solo Ending)

09. Big Empty

10. Black Heart

11. Interstate Love Song (w/ post song instrumental jam)

12. Lady Picture Show

13. Pop's Love Suicide (2013 New Ending)

14. Hollywood Bitch

15. Sex Type Thing

16. Sex & Violence

----------------------------------------------------

17. Wicked Garden

18. Piece Of Pie

19. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Show Notes:

-This show was broadcast for free on EVNTLIVE

-Chester went down into the crowd and sang with a kid in the front row during Dead and Bloated

-Chester had a wardrobe malfunction and had to change his pants backstage, the rest of the band did an instrumental jam.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting with Down

EDIT: I'm just gonna put the setlist here for now.

Down

Big Bang Baby

Vasoline

Dead and Bloated

Out of Time

Meatplow

Silvergun Superman

Church on Tuesday - Guitar solo ending

Big Empty

Black Heart

Interstate Love Song

Instrumental Jam while Chester changed pants backstage

Lady Picture Show

Pop's Love Suicide

Hollywood Bitch

Sex Type Thing

Sex and Violence

---------------------------

Wicked Garden

Piece of Pie

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

The stream works quite well for me, but unfortunately only when I turn off my recorder. As soon as the recording is on, it basically breaks down to being all laggy and awful. I will try to figure out if I can optimize my memory management or get Evntlive to work on another browser so I can hopefully record one of the encores. If I can't get it to work that way, I will try to get the audio at least.

Wow, EvntLive. Your stream keeps skipping/jumping back by half a second so lines of songs get repeated twice, buffering, changing quality for no discernible reason, etc...and you have the nerve to put up a message saying that I'M the one with the bandwidth problems? Fuck you.

*Edit* There was a short instrumental jam before Lady Picture Show, Chester had to go backstage and change his pants. Wardrobe malfunction. :lol:

Edited by Astat

The stream is not perfect, indeed. It worked fine at first. Then it tried to convince me to switch down quality manually once, saying my bandwidth was used up, which definitely can't be. I can watch iTunes festival for hours, so my internet connection can't be at fault I guess.

Now it actually changed the quality down completely... That's really mysterious. All I can imagine is that this is also depending on memory OR someone is taking up bandwidth on my IP's end. It's night where I live, so certain people might be on certain websites now XD

EDIT: I actually missed that scream D:

It cut off the stream completely right in that moment. But when I reloaded the website, it worked perfectly again. If anyone has a clue about what's going on there technically, please post it.

Edited by MaoChouChan

STP Biloxi.mp3 (164.1 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!Vd9niYZT!L9NgA...ape8106pZLmC0do

I didn't bother to track this file cause it's far from perfect. The stream was not that stable so the quality was reduced a few times during the first half. More and more tiny skips and lower quality towards the 2nd half. It never went back to HD for me during the encore.

Quick summary:

Show: 8.5

Stream: 7.5

Pants: 2

This made my day. XD

I will try to figure out how I can watch the encore without lagging while recording. First I will have to figure out what caused the breakdown in that one moment though. I actually think it could be my internet security, because it says it had a smaller update around that time. I strongly hope I will be able to experience the scream I missed then :o (and capture it of course to watch it again and again and again XD)

I will try to figure out how I can watch the encore without lagging while recording. First I will have to figure out what caused the breakdown in that one moment though. I actually think it could be my internet security, because it says it had a smaller update around that time. I strongly hope I will be able to experience the scream I missed then :o (and capture it of course to watch it again and again and again XD)

It shouldn't be your computer since it happened to everyone. Click here, click on "artist" and watch the High Rise EPK, this is how the second webcast should be like (or better of course). The only thing that can make the skips and quality problems to returns, is if they have a problem (servers etc..).

Try to concentrate on how you can even capture it. :)

It wouldn't rule out the cpu usage, playing the stream + recording takes a lot more cpu usage. If your browser can't keep up it might lower the bandwidth as well.

The High Rise EP video is a completely different type of stream and player. I'm pretty sure the encore broadcasts will be like live broadcast. They are not on demand, they stream them at a certain time again.

The High Rise EP video is a completely different type of stream and player. I'm pretty sure the encore broadcasts will be like live broadcast. They are not on demand, they stream them at a certain time again.

But there's a different if you're streaming live or file right?

The High Rise EPK was just an example to show that they don't have a problem if a lot of people are watching at the same time, I checked it in the middle of the webcast. The High Rise EP previews are not working though.

I'm not completely sure. I guess that the stream will be more stable. I assume there will be less people watching too. We'll see.

Putting it online on demand for a short time would be a lot better. It's pretty stupid to repeat live broadcasts the same way. It's probably for licensing reasons. I would buy it if they had it for sale later.

Maybe they have it on demand later on.