Do you really want a new Fort Minor album? or you prefer a LP album?

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Mike should do?

• Full time with FM after the next LP album
    • Forget about FM and create new LP stuff all the time
    • Release EP's and do mini tours like Chester does with STP

Recently Ryu send a message to all of us about a new Fort Minor album in his verse in Skin To Bone remix.

In my opinion fans have nothing interesting to ask to them so the first thing that comes to their mind is ''what about a new FM album?''

Thoughts?

BTW this is about LP and FM so do not move this thread to side projects, no one visits that forum except for Soul lol.

None of the mentioned options for me, please. I rather have the full focus on Linkin Park as that is where Mike truly shines. But when Chester is busy with one of his sideprojects, Dead by Sunirse, Stone Temple Pilots or maybe something else, Mike could make use of that time to record some Fort Minor material. What I'm curious about is how Fort Minor will sound because I don't think it will sounds like The Rising Tied at all (and it won't be that good).

He should work on FM and the rest of the guys should write stuff without him, would be cool to see the result. Also i don't understand why LP doesn't include FM and DBS songs in the setlists? Not full songs but just medley or intro/outro like they used to do on POA

I would like Mike to make another Fort Minor record. He has learned so much since 2005 and there are TONS of great rappers that could guest on the album, etc. I would love for Mike to do it after the next LP cycle. They could take a few years off and do side projects, very similar to what they did in 2005. I would also love Chester to do another DBS album during that time, but that looks less likely because he is devoting all of his time to STP.. Anyways, the short answer would be yes, I'd like him to do FM full time for 1 more album.

@ThePretender

''rather have the full focus on Linkin Park as that is where Mike truly shines.''

the second option fits dude, lol ''Forget about FM and create new LP stuff all the time''

But it isn't realistic because Chester has his sideprojects. So I didn't picked that one.

while I preferMike's lyrics in FM, I personally don't care for the genre of music all too much, it's very "classic" rap/hip-hop/R&B and that's not my bag, therefore I picked EPs - it's cool to hear but it's not something I'd be interested in for very long.

I really don't know. I love The Rising Tied and a new Fort Minor album would be awesome. But now, when Chester is touring and recording with STP, if Mike will work on a new FM album, LP will be left aside, and I really don't want the band to have such a big break like they had in 2005. So, at least for now, I think the best option would be EP's (unless Mike will somehow be able to work on a new FM album while touring with LP).

The best solution for everybody is that Mike can record another album at the same time Chester is recording with STP, and tour for both at the same time. I don't know how much this is realistic since they're limited to the windows between the LP times, but it's the best option.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet Mike has a ton of FM stuff banked already, just because he makes so much music. I would love another FM album, as long as it doesn't exclude anybody he's worked with before. Mike writes his best stuff when other artists are featured, and I would love to see more features on another FM album. Black Thought was great, I wouldn't mind seeing him Lupe or Pusha again.