Bucket of Weenies Tour Dates

hahninator

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at LPTimes, etc...they cancelled. Not sure why but it was really close to the date. I mean it's possible it was just Chester but this is a festival show...Chester on the bill means he's going to come with some sort of band.

Link? There's nothing in October or November... There's no mention about BOW in this show online, only as Chester Bennington, and nothing about cancellation.

Some sort of band = Snow White Tan, but as Chester Bennington like ReAct Not.

Edit:

The bottom line in the MFR 2005 poster:

"All proceeds to benefit Habitat for Humanity and Unicef." So Chester already worked with them before.

• 1 month later...

I honestly think there were 5 ''BOW'' shows overall that they actually played. I think the rest are just canceled shows and dates they got kicked off the tour during. We know that 4 of these 5 shows did happen from different sources, but we don't know positively know that the Hollywood show happened, but I suspect it most likely did seeing as how they were all from Hollywood and it wasn't part of the Camel tour or anything.

5/21/2005 Tempe, AZ

10/17/2005 Albuquerque, NM

10/22/2005 Lake Forest, CA

10/25/2005 Hollywood, CA

4/22/2006 Tempe, AZ

Plus the end of 2006 one in the parking lot. So 6 total is PROBABLY right unless we missed a private show at some point. You are right though, besides those 6 the rest are just canceled dates. We have 5 of the 6 dates with no chance of getting the 6th in my opinion.

Plus the end of 2006 one in the parking lot. So 6 total is PROBABLY right unless we missed a private show at some point. You are right though, besides those 6 the rest are just canceled dates. We have 5 of the 6 dates with no chance of getting the 6th in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the unknown show from December 2006. So yeah, I'd say 6 shows. I don't think we will be able to get the 6th date either, but at least we have all of them except that one and we know it's from December 2006 at least. Awesome work, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 5 of the 6 dates with no chance of getting the 6th in my opinion.

With this ambition you're right lol.

I thought about it, LA show, end of the year, parking lot, very random show:

KROQ Jocks Signing Calendars (like the one from 2000)?

I didn't found info about both of them so far, so maybe they only talked about it online. I think you can send them an email about it.

• 6 months later...

2005 Tempe, AZ
2005 Albuquerque, NM (Kicked off mid-set and shut down)
2005 Lake Forest, CA

2005 Hollywood, CA
2006 Tempe, AZ

I think all other known dates did not happen. They obviously were removed from the Camel tour after Chester's drunken rant at the Albuquerque show and there is other proof online of canceled shows. I also don't believe that whole December 2006 private show thing. I highly doubt that happened. It could have easily been mistaken for Camp Freddy or another rock band, Chester was doing guest appearances with TONS of bands at that time. I would say Tempe, AZ 2006 was their last show. Chester got sober in 2006 according to multiple sources and he told Mark on Loveline in 2009 that when they sobered up, they broke up the band.

Edited by Geki

• 3 months later...

Ok, let's try to sum it all up and shake off some of the unnecessary stuff.

That specific Sin City tour BOW were going to perform on included 12 cities.

According to this,

October 17 – Nov. 6, 2005
Camel Sin City Tour - Albuquerque, NM – Chralotte, NC

and this,

from Albuquerque and Grand Rapids to Richmond and Charlotte.

it shapes to this:
2005.10.17 Albuquerque, NM, Desert Sands Motor Hotel (First show)
2005.10.xx Grand Rapids
2005.xx.xx Richmond, VA
2005.11.06 Charlotte, NC
(Last show)

For now, I think it's pretty safe to assume, that the Grand Rapids one was the one that we know of:
2005.10.24 Grand Rapids, MI

I also, like Jonas, don't think that the two Texas dates I found are belong to this specific "Sin City" tour.

That's all we got so far. I recently emailed three people connected to the tour and two of them couldn't help me. Still waiting for a response of the third one.

What really confuses me is that the Avalon show was promoted by Camel as well and the show happened.

Ok, let's try to sum it all up and shake off some of the unnecessary stuff.

That specific Sin City tour BOW were going to perform on included 12 cities.

According to this,

and this,

it shapes to this:

2005.10.17 Albuquerque, NM, Desert Sands Motor Hotel (First show)

2005.10.xx Grand Rapids

2005.xx.xx Richmond, VA

2005.11.06 Charlotte, NC (Last show)

For now, I think it's pretty safe to assume, that the Grand Rapids one was the one that we know of:

2005.10.24 Grand Rapids, MI

I also, like Jonas, don't think that the two Texas dates I found are belong to this specific "Sin City" tour.

That's all we got so far. I recently emailed three people connected to the tour and two of them couldn't help me. Still waiting for a response of the third one.

What really confuses me is that the Avalon show was promoted by Camel as well and the show happened.

How do we know the Avalon show happened? There have never been any reviews, pictures, video, audio, etc. So far we only know for sure that they actually played Tempe 2005, Lake Forest 2005, Albuquerque 2005 (got kicked off stage during set) and Tempe 2006.

How do we know the Avalon show happened? There have never been any reviews

http://www.laweekly.com/2005-11-03/music/nightranger/

“No album, no studio, just live rock music.” So said the press alert for Bucket of Weenies’ first-ever show, at Avalon last Tuesday.Billed as an all-star band, but essentially Linkin Park crooner Chester Bennington’s vanity project (c’mon, the other guys are from Orgy, Grey Daze, The Bleeders and TSOL), BOW do charmingly amped-up versions of Oasis’ “Wonderwall” and Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” (which Giant Drag do better). From weenies to whiners, we left Avalon for the Troub, where She Wants Revenge offered a sizzling set to a sold-out crowd

http://www.mtv.com/news/1512600/linkin-park-frontman-plans-to-brainwash-kids-into-liking-his-side-projects/

In the meantime, Bennington and Shuck are having the time of their lives with Bucket of Weenies, who put a punk or hard-rock spin on a variety of covers, including Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds," Oasis' "Wonderwall" and Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game." At the Avalon, the band also played Snow White Tan's "The Morning After" and a few Brown originals.

• 1 month later...

According to THIS, Sin City was a 52 week tour.

That means all those weird shows we found all belong to the same tour. Makes it almost impossible to figure out which shows were going to have BoW. lol

Why even count the shows on that tour besides Albuquerque since they were kicked off the tour at that show anyways?

• 10 months later...

I hate to bump a really old thread.

LESTAT, if BoW didn't have a manager then someone in the band must have handled things. There surely is an archive somewhere that a band member has of the shows. Is it possible for you to try to contact the band members to get some more information for us on dates?

More about the Mesa show:

Adam Panic had this show in the "past shows" page, so I guess the festival did happened, he doesn't mention Chester though:

mesa, az / mesa amphitheatre
taste the music festival
201 n. center st.
all ages / 10 AM / $18
w/ the format with jim adkins, roger clyne and ph naffah, phunk junkeez, the pistoleros, dead hot workshop, stephen ashbrook, shawn johnson & the foundation, redfield, third approach, before braille, simplfy, fourbanger, mink rebellion
*i am also in the cookbook they tell me - proceeds of the book go to charity

Source

Mesa Amphitheatre (the venue) mentioned Chester:

The event will include a full day of music, featuring Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World, the Format, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Authority Zero and more, plus food from some of the Valley’s favorite restaurants. (Previously announced headliners the Gin Blossoms will not appear.) Tickets are $18. The festival starts at 10 a.m. and runs into the evening.

Source

The show appears in the The Pistoleros website:

11.05.05 Mesa Amphitheatre w/Authority Zero, The Format & others

Source

But despite what The Pistoleros website says Authority Zero didn't played at the show:

10.23.05 - *** ATTENTION!!! ***

Hey All,

We're sorry to inform you that there was a huge miscommunication!! WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE TASTE OF MUSIC. There was some bad communitcation between The EDGE and our administration... WE DEEPLY APPOLOGIZE for those who have already purchased tickets.

On November 5th we were already booked to play with Fishbone in Las Vegas. Please catch us on November 23rd at The Marquee Theater and still enjoy the great music The EDGE will provide on November 5th. Once again, our sincerest apologies!

Bill Marcks
Authority Zero

Source

I'll see what I can do.

New show for the guide, I JUST found:

2007.06.23 Tempe, AZ, The Clubhouse - Club Tattoo 12th Anniversary
w/ Sevendust, Buckcherry, Operator, Hed Pe, Invitro, Sex Slaves, Comfort For Change, Signs Of Betrayal and Digital Summer. Hosted by Andrew "Dice" Clay.

Source: Blabbermouth
Source: Mindless Self Indulgence's forums

I was thinking the show was cancelled, because it's barely listed or mentioned anywhere, but I contacted Sean and he said that the show did happen and Bucket Of Weenies did perform.

Say whaaat?

Thank you! So either the show was postponed and we need to figure out the other date or it was really cancelled and Sean is just confusing it with some other show. I tend to believe the later, but it should be added anyway.

Ah yes, this is a fact. I remember this because everyone was like "oh hell yeah, we can get a full video of the BoW set" - this was before we had any of the full BoW recordings circulated. In fact I probably posted about it on some forum, maybe LPF. Makes perfect sense because they announced those Etnies Club Tattoo shoes at about the same time which ended up being really cheap.

But it got canceled. The show didn't happen for some reason, I'm not sure why. I totally forgot about this but great find, I can confirm what you posted.

I don't know what happened with the Mesa show but I am pretty sure Chester did NOT appear. Jasparina was on top of literally everything at that time with LPTimes. She never posted pictures or a review or anything. Members on LPF and LPA both said they were going, including Hyper on LPF (who had like 3,000 posts and was very active). We would have gotten some information. Setlist, review, something. No Chester there.

So Sean just told me that it was Chester and Cheez responsible for booking shows for Bucket of Weenies. And since Cheez is now the manager for Sublime With Rome and

From what I've heard, Cheez is a total douchebag who threatens you with legal action if you attempt to contact him for anything other than business-related matters.

I don't think it would be a good idea to contact him.

I'll try to talk with Mike Rouse though.

Great discussion. Chester did say to you, Mark, on Loveline 2009 that when he sobered up, he broke up the band. That was 2007 that he sobered up, so maybe he canceled the 2007 shows he had planned with BOW. We still need to get info on that Home Depot parking lot show that BOW did in late 2006. Astat said once that Cheez is an asshole and it's probably not best to ask him, but it's worth a shot. Fuck it. Keep in mind though that Cheez is currently Sublime's manager and openly dissed LP last year about the whole weed situation, so maybe trying approaching him from a different angle.