Quick question? Ask here!

LESTAT

There are both Acoustic and "Unplushed" versions.

Two the most famous acoustic versions are recorded live. It was Scott and Dean performing the song two times in a row on MTV's Headbangers Ball - the full album version and the shortened radio version. These recordings were released on various releases throughout the years and one of the takes is as popular as the album version.

Plush (Unplushed) was recorded in the studio with full band.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plush (Unplushed) was recorded in the studio with full band.

I thought this is an alternate name of the acoustic version (this is why I included Plush (Acoustic Version) in the list earlier). The unplushed version sounds great.

It was named Unplushed just for the sake of it not being confused with the Acoustic and the Unplugged versions. All of them are acoustic, but the super famous acoustic version everybody knows about is the one recorded at The Headbangers Ball.

Edited by LESTAT

Definitely not before full album release. You need people that wants to buy this kind of stuff.

STP never said they were definitely going to put out an album. They said it's a possibility, but they think they will keep releasing EP's. Chester said that he thinks that it's the way music is going nowadays, to release small amounts of music instead of full albums.

Edited by Geki

Digital releases are a different story. But for physical one you need people to buy it. Part/most of the STP fans, which I don't really know how much they are after all those years, will not gonna buy something like this. Same for the LP side which it seems don't really care about STPWCB.

Do we know how much High Rise sold so far?

• 1 month later...

- Mighty Joe Young demos:

01. Wicked Garden

02. Only Dying

03. Naked Sunday

04. Fast As I Can

05. Spanish Flies

06. Scary Area

07. Piece Of Pie

08. Love Machine

09. Dirty Dog

10. Old Dixie

11. Where The River Goes

What is the highest quality of these?

And what is the "A Taste Of.." EP?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no lossless version floating around. It was released by BE member in mp3 format. Not sure what is the quality of the initial mp3 files, but I bet it wasn't converted at all since then.

"A Taste Of" (or "Buy This") EP is just a random EP with a couple of the most famous STP songs released on Record Store day without a notice and laughable artwork. The most common opinion is that it was released to fulfill some contract obligations with the record label (The band had some legal troubles with Atlantic records after reunion).

There is no lossless version floating around. It was released by BE member in mp3 format. Not sure what is the quality of the initial mp3 files, but I bet it wasn't converted at all since then.

Can you check for me? I found only 128kbps versions.

• 9 months later...

Songfacts: Did you have a relationship with Linkin Park prior? I'm just wondering how all of this came together?

Eric: I think it was 2000 or 2001, we were doing the Family Values tour with Linkin Park and Chester would come out and sing "Dead & Bloated" with us almost every night. Sometimes we'd do acoustic performances for radio stations earlier in the day and Chester would come out and sing some backup vocals with us on some acoustic songs so we already had a bit of a relationship with him.

http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/eric_kretz_of_stone_temple_pilots/

Performances for radio stations?

I know "Wonderful" from the FVT CD was rumored to be from a radio station performance and later it was confirmed that it was actually a studio recording with fan noise added later. But is it possible that the radio thing really happened?

I mean, how did the "Wonderful" rumour even started?
Maybe they really did a radio show together. (?)

The song "Wonderful" by Stone Temple Pilots and Chester from the Family Values CD (released in 2002) is not a live track. It was completely recorded in the studio AFTER the Family Values tour and the crowd noise was added. It was confirmed by highly reliable source. I was hoping to get some more details on the subject, but no luck. During the interview with the Baltimore radiostation in 2002 Scott said that the track was recorded during a pre-show acoustic set for radio contest winners. There were at least 3 acoustic radio sets in between Family Values shows, but none of them featured Chester. Interesting that during the Sacramento show Scott said that "Linkin Park and STP are putting a song together and it should be out fairly soon". It certainly doesn't sound like he was talking about releasing a live recording at that point. Also, there's not many recordings to confirm this as solid fact, but it looks like Scott first started to sing "Aaaahhh-Ahhh" over the solo somewhere in 2002 and it kinda confirms the fact that they came up with this version long after the Family Values tour. They planned to release the track as the lead single from the FV 2001 CD with some kind of music video, but the plans were scrapped.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this question has been bugging me for a while. Are ''Stone Temple Pilots'' and ''Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington'' two different bands? I know that Scott didn't want them using the name, and on the High Rise CD, you can clearly see the name ''Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington'' on it. But it confuses me because on iTunes, High Rise is listed under ''Stone Temple Pilots'' with the rest of their discography.

Edited by Geki

It's not a different band altogether, most of the band members and music is still the same. Why would you buy anything besides High Rise when it has nothing to do with Chester?

Good point, I'll only buy High Rise stuff and whatever they release next.

Edited by Geki

Honestly, Core and Purple are two great CD's that I own both of and of you like High Rise but want to hear the band's early days, go for it.

I actually did check those albums out. Not into them. I only like the stuff they did with Chaz.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...

STP was the surprise act so I guess some of the fans had no idea, not to mention the whole Chester thing. Especially the whole LP community had no fucking clue until the show was already happening and halfway over.

There was a partial recording by someone. I found someone on Youtube who recorded the entire thing but refused to share it.