17.08.2013 - Taipei, Taiwan, Taipei Arena

On the 17th, Linkin Park plays their fifth show out of six total shows on the Asian Tour in support of LIVING THINGS. This show takes them back to Taipei, Taiwan to play the Taipei Arena, where they have not played since September 2011, their last Asian Tour. This will be the band's fourth show in Taipei ever. Their first show was in 2007 at the Taipei County Stadium (show page here), where they played for over 40,000 fans. While in Taipei, the band entered a local studio to record their parts for 'We Made It' (w/ Busta Rhymes). Of course, this is where this GEM of a video was recorded:

After that, the band canceled a 2008 return to Taipei at the Zhōngshān Soccer Stadium when Chester got injured (forcing the entire tour to be canceled), but they returned for 2009's Summer Rock Summit at Taipei County Stadium (show page here). This is the show where

(over the intro of 'Points Of Authority') was performed on stage for the first time ever. Not bad! Finally in 2011, the band played the Nangang Exhibition Hall (show page here), which was a show that featured both 'Blackout' in the encore along with a 'Bleed It Out' that had the 'A Place For My Head' bridge. Along with 'Burning In The Skies' midset and 'Papercut' opening, that's pretty solid for the A Thousand Suns era!

At the band's last show of the current Asian Tour, they played in Hong Kong, where they held their 9th LPU Summit (show page here). Set A was played in full for the first time on the tour, meaning it was the first time 'VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)' and 'The Catalyst' were played on the tour. The band performed these two songs ironically at the LPU soundcheck before the show, decided to do that instead of an acoustic set like they originally planned.

Since both Set A and Set B have been played in full, it is very likely that the band will use these two sets for the last two shows of the tour (Taipei and Kuala Lumpur). Since Set A was played in Hong Kong, we assume it will be Set B in Taiwan, but you never know...the band every now and then does something unexpected. However, with just two shows left on the LIVING THINGS touring cycle, it unfortunately seems like 'When They Come For Me', 'IN MY REMAINS', and Set C ('With You' opening; last played in Rio in October 2012) will not be played anymore on this touring cycle.

Something really positive about this tour, though, is that 'CASTLE OF GLASS' is sounding great and is sounding increasingly better at each show. Here's a video from the Manila show on the 13th, showing an excellent performance of the song:

After Taipei, it all ends in Kuala Lumpur on the 19th. For the full 2013 tour schedule, including setlists from all of the recent shows and more, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Papercut

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

04. New Divide

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. LIES GREED MISERY

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. LOST IN THE ECHO

14. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' Lyrics Tease (Mike/Chester))

15. What I've Done

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge; Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

19. TINFOIL

20. Faint (Ext. Outro)

21. Lying From You

22. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Setlist picture here.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as this tour must have been awesome for old-school fans (8/12 songs from HT were played in 2012), it has really sucked for people that like LT. We got half the album, one of which was an instrumental and the other is fucking horrendous. POWERLESS and IBG, which would translate perfectly live, have not been played, and with two shows left, we probably won't get them.

As much as this tour must have been awesome for old-school fans (8/12 songs from HT were played in 2012), it has really sucked for people that like LT. We got half the album, one of which was an instrumental and the other is fucking horrendous. POWERLESS and IBG, which would translate perfectly live, have not been played, and with two shows left, we probably won't get them.

As a big Hybrid Theory fan, I am thankful for this, seeing as I've waited since 2007 to see some of these songs live. And I didn't get Runaway :( But wow the LT fans...I understand where you're coming from completely. ROADS UNTRAVELED, I'LL BE GONE, POWERLESS, SKIN TO BONE and the full UNTIL IT BREAKS all weren't played. That's easily a record for the band.

I hope on the next album they play more of it live. As much as a I dislike LIVING THINGS, I love POWERLESS and I could have enjoyed the others I saw. Hell, anything is better than LIES GREED MISERY. Even Foreword (insert Skipees reference here)

The COG video in the main post is golden. Hope they keep that song next year since....NO ONE in the USA saw it outside of Vegas and LA.

As a big Hybrid Theory fan, I am thankful for this, seeing as I've waited since 2007 to see some of these songs live. And I didn't get Runaway :( But wow the LT fans...I understand where you're coming from completely. ROADS UNTRAVELED, I'LL BE GONE, POWERLESS, SKIN TO BONE and the full UNTIL IT BREAKS all weren't played. That's easily a record for the band.

I hope on the next album they play more of it live. As much as a I dislike LIVING THINGS, I love POWERLESS and I could have enjoyed the others I saw. Hell, anything is better than LIES GREED MISERY. Even Foreword (insert Skipees reference here)

The COG video in the main post is golden. Hope they keep that song next year since....NO ONE in the USA saw it outside of Vegas and LA.

LT is my favorite LP album, HT clocking in at a close second. I'm really bumbed they didnt play a good portio n of the cooler songs like RU and IBG. Foreword over LGM would be 1000x better. It just happens then POA starts lol. I swear if they dont keep COG in the setlists, someone's gonna die.

LT is my favorite LP album, HT clocking in at a close second. I'm really bumbed they didnt play a good portio n of the cooler songs like RU and IBG. Foreword over LGM would be 1000x better. It just happens then POA starts lol. I swear if they dont keep COG in the setlists, someone's gonna die.

I honestly thought you disliked IBG. Also, IM NOT ALONE ANYMORE! COG will survive in the sets or, like Soul said, someone's gonna die.

Come to think of it, the only HT songs I have yet to see live at this point are By Myself, Forgotten and Cure For The Itch. LP is definitely playing tons of HT + Meteora songs in the set, and not enough MTM, ATS or LT songs especially. I guess this is a good thing for super hardcore old school fans who love HT to death and want to only see those songs played live, but it sucks for the rest of us. Don't get me wrong, I love all LP albums, but MTM is definitely my favorite and only 3 songs are played from that album. ATS fans get fucking 1 song, which is the absolute worst for ATS fans. LT fans have been jipped out of half of the record, and they don't play IN MY REMAINS anymore, either. LGM is such a shitty song, I don't see why the band has kept it this long. I for sure thought it would have been gone for good after the HCT tour last year, at least, if not before it. I honestly believed that LP would start playing I'LL BE GONE (especially after what Chester said in the December 2012 LPU Chat) and POWERLESS at the beginning of 2013 and play them throughout. I never would have thought they would never play those live, and it sucks because those are my two favorites songs from LT arguably. I absolutely love I'LL BE GONE and it would translate very well live. How they can keep a song like LGM in the set and not play these are beyond me.

/endsetlistrant

Anyways, I bet the Asian fans are enjoying these shows. LP sounds spot on. COG definitely has improved and is sounding very good. LP seems to have a lot of energy and excitement as well, they keep tweeting about the Asia tour constantly. I can't believe the LT touring cycle is coming to an end without Europe getting a proper tour and the US only getting one full tour. Crazy. I'm getting ready to write my annual ''album cycle wrap up'' post after this tour is over and switch over to 6th LP album mode.

It's weird for me to think that you haven't been here very long.

I'm quite the postwhore.

Haha, I also can't believe its only been like a year and a few months. I remember at the time I joined I couldnt identify With You until I looked at my iPod :lol: Oh, how times have changed.

I'm quite the postwhore.

Haha, I also can't believe its only been like a year and a few months. I remember at the time I joined I couldnt identify With You until I looked at my iPod :lol: Oh, how times have changed.

Same. I never got hardcore into LP until LT came out. I knew who they were, they were one of the first "real" bands I listened to, as opposed to Elmo and Seasme Street, but I never knew about songs like With You, By Myself, Figure .09 etc. Even Papercut and From the Inside were unknown to me. Now I can list all the tracks off of LPU from memory.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

Same. I never got hardcore into LP until LT came out. I knew who they were, they were one of the first "real" bands I listened to, as opposed to Elmo and Seasme Street, but I never knew about songs like With You, By Myself, Figure .09 etc. Even Papercut and From the Inside were unknown to me. Now I can list all the tracks off of LPU from memory.

Started from the bottom, now we here :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks COG DOESN'T sound very good live? Pretty much any song where Mike sings the main melody and Chester's supposed to harmonize with him (or at least double him), Chester usually way over-sings his part and goes off key. This goes all the way back to the MTM era with In Between and the outro to Hands Held High, and has continued with songs like Burning in the Skies, Waiting for the End (it sounds okay live now, but it took a LONG time before it got to that point), and now Castle of Glass. Actually...you can even take it farther back to when they did Numb/Encore/Yesterday and he tried to harmonize with Paul on the last few lines of the song. That was easily the only weak point of an otherwise legendary performance. Chester definitely isn't a backing vocalist.

I almost agree fully with what you said besides the fact about COG not being goid yet. I feel like Chester has been able to harmonize pretty well recently. COG is becominv great

I don't know where the hell either of you popped up from, but you've certainly made the forum more enjoyable.

You just made my day :) Thanks, man. Edited by Soul

Am I the only one who thinks COG DOESN'T sound very good live?

You're not alone, I even think the first times was an embarrassment for the band. But they are really getting better.

There's a big different between

and

Don't get me wrong, I love all LP albums, but MTM is definitely my favorite and only 3 songs are played from that album. ATS fans get fucking 1 song, which is the absolute worst for ATS fans.

I can't agree with you anymore. I got hardcore into LP after listening to Meteora, MTM, and especially ATS. It is really disappointing for me that the band dropped NMS after ATS tour, FTI and Blackout (exactly 2012.06.29) after 2012 European Summer Tour, and WTCFM hasn't been played since Rio 2012.:(

I will go to the show tomorrow, and it's about 7:30 pm TST.

And if I can, I will post some show info and videos for you guys. (Because no DSP ever)

That will be my first concert and first LP concert ever in my life >.<

Edited by franktaiwan