WAAF Boston Talks w/ Dean & Robert DeLeo

hahninator

I think Chester contributes more than we think, even if he's just validating Mike's lyrics! Personally I think (or like to think) they work on them together, bouncing off each other and sculpting them into what we hear i.e. Chester brings the lyric idea and Mike constructs the sentences.

Anyway, I’m super excited for the STP EP, I’m a big fan of them anyway so I’m hoping they’ll come to the UK (where they were never that big so it’ll be purely LP fans!). I’m finding the Chester hate on the STP facebook page hard to stomach but I keep clicking the comments like an idiot.

I like the grungier side of Chester I just hope he doesn’t try to imitate Scott, that’s a little annoying.

I think Chester contributes more than we think, even if he's just validating Mike's lyrics! Personally I think (or like to think) they work on them together, bouncing off each other and sculpting them into what we hear i.e. Chester brings the lyric idea and Mike constructs the sentences.

Anyway, I'm super excited for the STP EP, I'm a big fan of them anyway so I'm hoping they'll come to the UK (where they were never that big so it'll be purely LP fans!). I'm finding the Chester hate on the STP facebook page hard to stomach but I keep clicking the comments like an idiot.

I like the grungier side of Chester I just hope he doesn't try to imitate Scott, that's a little annoying.

Facebook is the land of headaches. I'll argue if I'm already in a bad mood, but most of the people commenting are trolls.

And yeah I'm not a fan of how everyone seems to think Chester doesn't do much. Of course Mike had a hand on everything, but not all the ideas are his. We know the band comes up with their own bits and pieces, and I'm sure Chester does his fair bit of writing the lyrics. I don't believe for one second that Mike does ALL the lyrics, or that Chester only helped on Catalyst and New Divide. We haven't had a good making of video since MTM, and all the stuff before that seemed to say that Mike and Chester had a pretty equal relationship. Where Mike becomes LP is when he helps with the guitar/bass/samples/drums/art/mixing etc. And like someone said, that's his production credit.

tl;dr Chester deserves more credit than you guys give him because you don't know exactly how much Mike really does.

Chester deserves more credit than you guys give him because you don't know exactly how much Mike really does.

agree, for some reason people think Chester record his parts and go home.

Robert and Dean have been calling into radio stations recently to talk about the upcoming tour, the new EP and more. Check out the interviews below!

KISW Interview – (Seattle, WA)

DC101 Interview – (Washington DC)

WJRR Interview – (Orlando, FL)

93X Interview – (Minneapolis, MN)

Banana 101.5 – (Flint, MI)

Edited by Numbrocker