Linkin Park To Play Hong Kong Aug 15

hahninator

Thanks to LPLive member daniel624, we have learned about a new show on the band's upcoming Asian Tour in August.

According to tube.hk (usually a reliable source for Hong Kong shows), Linkin Park will return to Hong Kong on August 15th at the Asia-World Arena. Ticket details will be announced soon. The website says the show is confirmed, so we will be looking for an announcement by the band soon. Hong Kong was the first stop on the band's A Thousand Suns Asian Tour in 2011 (show page here), meaning this will be LP's first show in Hong Kong since September 6th, 2011.

Sources here and here.

To find the 2013 tour page, go here. Currently announced shows for the band in August:

10.08.2013 Tokyo, JP, Summer Sonic

11.08.2013 Osaka, JP, Summer Sonic

15.08.2013 Chek Lap Kok, HK, Asia-World Arena

17.08.2013 Taipei, TW, Taipei Arena

What other cities or countries do you think the band will add to this upcoming tour in Asia?

4/24 EDIT: The show is now confirmed by the band: "Linkin Park has added a show at Asia World Arena in Lantau, Hong Kong on August 15th. LP Underground members will have access to pre-sale tickets starting April 29th at 10 AM (local time) at LPUnderground.com. Tickets go on sale to the general public on May 3rd at 10 AM (local time)."

I think they'll add Seoul and Bangkok, with possibly a Singapore show and another show or two in Japan.

so it's gonna be more or less like Australia & New Zealand Tour in the number of shows.

how "fast" far-east bootlegs are released in case we don't get DSP's?

i think they will add 5-7 shows to that 4 shows. maybe 2or3 shows beside SummerSonic in Japan, 1 in South Korea, 1 in Thailand.... we will see :P

and there is still hope for an european fall tour in october/november :D i need my drug..i need LP :D :P

I think LP should release one last single for LT and then obviously play it in Asia. I think I'll Be Gone is a good candidate. Powerless was already released as a Japanese single, so I think that may finally be played live in Japan.

• 1 month later...

Shanghai Sonic is happening, a spinoff of Summer Sonic in Japan, in Shanghai, China on August 17th and 18th. If China allows LP back in, they could possibly play that. Metallica just announced a Shanghai headlining show on August 13 as well.