The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

Added:

2011 - Linkin Park - Unknown Title (Until It Breaks Demo, No. 4) (Chester's Part)

What's the source of:

U2 - Unknown Track (Mike Shinoda Remix)?

Several 2005 interviews with Mike during the early "hype phase" for Fort Minor mentioned that he had remixed a track for U2.

I've also never seen any confirmation that there was actually a demo for the part Chester sings in Until it Breaks. It's so short and has so little to it (vocals, piano, little bit of strings), it could have been something they came up with during the final recording phase to serve as a transition between Apaches and Foot Patrol, since the tempo changes there. If there was a demo of it, I can't see why they wouldn't have included it with the other 3 on LPU 13.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several 2005 interviews with Mike during the early "hype phase" for Fort Minor mentioned that he had remixed a track for U2.

I've also never seen any confirmation that there was actually a demo for the part Chester sings in Until it Breaks. It's so short and has so little to it (vocals, piano, little bit of strings), it could have been something they came up with during the final recording phase to serve as a transition between Apaches and Foot Patrol, since the tempo changes there. If there was a demo of it, I can't see why they wouldn't have included it with the other 3 on LPU 13.

Mike said there were "like four demos". You can say "this doesn't mean anything, he just didn't remember the exact number" but Brad also said there was a demo with Chester vocals, and you are right about that demo, it was short and had very little to it.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10406

Mike said there were "like four demos". You can say "this doesn't mean anything, he just didn't remember the exact number" but Brad also said there was a demo with Chester vocals, and you are right about that demo, it was short and had very little to it.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10406

Ahh, so Chester's part was another Brad demo. Wonder if the original one has Brad singing on it then.

Was Mike actually in the Avicii song Wake Me Up or did he produce it?

He was running the Pro Tools rig when Mike Einziger recorded his guitar parts (probably done on the road during the Honda Civic Tour), but he didn't really "produce" anything, unless you count him suggesting to Avicii that he should have Aloe Blacc sing on it.

Hardly Breathe Feat. hydroponikz is an amazing rare song

Hardly Breathe is considered a "fake", I think I made that mistake too a few years ago.

not sure how it constitutes a fake, or where Chester's recorded chorus part ever came from, but it's not an "official" track

Hardly Breathe is considered a "fake", I think I made that mistake too a few years ago.

not sure how it constitutes a fake, or where Chester's recorded chorus part ever came from, but it's not an "official" track

Chester's part is from "Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2" by "Handsome Boy Modeling School".

2014 - Chester Bennington - Unknown Title [From "La Bare" Soundtrack] -> DJ Z-Trip ft. CB - Walking Dead (already released)

2013 - Linkin Park - Castle Of Glass (Official Remix) -> do we know that this is not the MS Remix from Recharged?

2014 - Chester Bennington - Unknown Title [From "La Bare" Soundtrack] -> DJ Z-Trip ft. CB - Walking Dead (already released)

2013 - Linkin Park - Castle Of Glass (Official Remix) -> do we know that this is not the MS Remix from Recharged?

It's from some LPTV episode.

I think it was discussed in the episode's thread (on the newswire) and it is indeed a different remix.

2:30, you can here the COG alternate remix and then Mike's remix:

• 3 weeks later...

2010 - Blackout (Optional Vocal Take/Freestyle Verse)

According to a review back before ATS released, Blackout had at least one verse that was different, potentially the freestyle verse from the LPTV.

Source: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31725

Older fans will welcome Blackout with Chester quickly spitting lyrics about acid rain and anarchy over a chugging distorted guitar

A little bit of acid rain

A little bit of celebration

A little bit of anarchy

A lack of motivation

Which alternate versions Mike mentioned on Twitter?

All For Nothing (Mike's Vocals instead of Page) [wasn't mentioned clearly, but I guess we can assume its existence, since Page was added after Mike sang on the demo]

War (Chester's Demo) [apparently not that much changes, said Mike]

Final Masquerade (Mike's Vocals)

Everywhere since 2007. :rolleyes:

Another pointless comment and all of your next posts will require approval, you're posting a lot of unneeded comments in the last month.

"Everywhere" is not the right answer to "where exactly".

Chester Bennington (Kerrang! April 2007):

I knew that Mike should really sing this song. I tried it once, I did a good job, but it just didn’t have the power of Mike’s performance because he really believed what he was singing. Whatever it is that the [expletive] is apologising for on this track, he’s [expletive] serious! It comes from the most sincere and heartfelt place.

taken from the Song Info thread...