The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can add "Welcome" with Ryu.

I came here to post that haha.

Something else, but I don't know how official it became. There were three total jam session recordings with Tom Morello (the best one in their eyes became Drawbar). If the other jams moved far enough in production, those might also count.

• 1 month later...

2010 - Michael Bublé Feat. Mike Shinoda - Unknown Title

As far as I'm aware, this collaboration turned out to be the original version of "Damn" from the Reseda Beach sessions. This came from when the album was still tentatively called Rocket Surgery and Mike's level of involvement in the production wasn't fully known. Buble's vocals ended up not being used on the final version because of some record label crap.

I still stand by my previous comments regarding Slip Out the Back's "strings version" and an alternate mix of the HTEP High Voltage, by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exciting news, Tech N9ne's remix was the 342th "Burn It Down" remix:

Like you said, you did Knotfest, you got Corey Taylor on the new album. You gonna be handing out business cards while you're around today?
No. Because all the artists know me already. Linkin Park, I've already done a remix with them. It didn't make it out—it was a "Burn It To The Ground" remix. I did it for them, so they're aware.

Source.

The Xero song from the "Xero Reborn" LPUTV episode.

I think you can remove "Horizons" from the list since it was confirmed for the album.

I guess you can add "Welcome" with Ryu.

I still stand by my previous comments regarding Slip Out the Back's "strings version" and an alternate mix of the HTEP High Voltage, by the way.

Added/removed.

Add the Avicii song with Mike: 1 | 2

Are we sure about that? It can be just a 53 seconds track/s.

Something else, but I don't know how official it became. There were three total jam session recordings with Tom Morello (the best one in their eyes became Drawbar). If the other jams moved far enough in production, those might also count.

Do the songs mentioned in the new LPTV count? Spirals, Last Straw (Welcome demo) and the others?

Yes, post the titles and a quote or link where they appeared.

2010 - Michael Bublé Feat. Mike Shinoda - Unknown Title

As far as I'm aware, this collaboration turned out to be the original version of "Damn" from the Reseda Beach sessions. This came from when the album was still tentatively called Rocket Surgery and Mike's level of involvement in the production wasn't fully known. Buble's vocals ended up not being used on the final version because of some record label crap.

So there was no mention of vocal collaboration?

Actually, at 1:53 we can actually see Brad's protocol from their meeting... And one of the songs that were discussed was... song with Tom Morello, again. You can see that line nearly Brad's right hand

qQEzokbKePI.jpg

If someone can figure out other notes and song titles... You know what to do

Edited by DystopianBy

I guess I've found the source of the "Chester with The Visionaries" thing:

Chester has done a song with DJ Lethal (limp bizkit) as well as the Visionaries. The song he did with Cyclefly called "karma killer' will be on Cyclefly's new album out soon (the album keeps getting pushed back).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607141514/http://www.pushmeaway.com/maintablepg.html

I think it was a mistake.

Edited by lpliveusername

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, I want to switch things up and do something different. I'm in the studio right now working on a hip-hop project. I recently had some meetings with Black Thought, Common, and I'm supposed to meeting with Ice Cube this week. I also just did a track for Chali 2na's solo album, and I'm doing some other production as the projects turn up. We'll have to see what happens.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041217172749/http://www.ballerstatus.net/beyond/read/id/49215265/

Ice Cube?

Apparently Numb/Encore/Yesterday has a studio version.

Now that would be a mash-up. Until then, though, Linkin Park are thrilled with how their “Numb/Encore” with Jay-Z meshed with McCartney’s “Yesterday” during the big show (see “Jay-Z And Linkin Park Set To Mash Up Grammy Stage” ).

The Grammys asked us to perform with Jay-Z since we were nominated for the mash-up, but since we already played together on some really high-profile stages with our MTV special and with Live 8, we wanted to do something really special that showcased the power of the mash-up,” explained guitarist Brad Delson, who orchestrated the performance. “So we had this idea to do something with Paul, and when I went to Mike [shinoda]’s house and we were listening to some of the older Beatles songs to see what would work best, ’Yesterday’ really popped its head up.

“This is getting into technicalities, but Jay’s verse is like a weird measure, like 18 bars, and the fact that ’Yesterday’ works with that weird number, we just looked at each other like, ’How did that happen?’ ” Shinoda added.
“The Da Vinci Code was cracked,” Bennington joked.
Once Delson and Shinoda had the mash-up on tape, they took it to the rest of Linkin Park and eventually McCartney and Jay.

Source

Thanks to lpliveusername for finding it.

Apparently Numb/Encore/Yesterday has a studio version.

Source

Thanks to lpliveusername for finding it.

Mike talked about that on a few other occasions. He just did a really rough mashup of Numb/Encore with the original recording of Yesterday to figure out what to do for the arrangement. They never actually did a recording of it with Paul or anything like that.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25412

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6308

Did we ever get any information on this "NBA Inside Stuff"?

The BMI page doesn't list Xero members anymore.

Nope, Inside Stuff aired weekly so we'd have to sift through a ton of episodes from probably the 1996-2000 era just to be safe, and I don't know of any way of finding all of those episodes archived anywhere.

Interesting that the BMI entry that listed them is gone after being on there for many years though...I cross-checked it from the band members' individual entries just in case the catalog number changed or something, but it really is gone.

Also Mike's BMI page was updated slightly recently to include the theme song he did for This is Life with Lisa Ling - there's one entry for "BG Cues" like there is for other shows, but there's also an entry for a song just called "This is Life," so I guess we can confirm that it didn't have a different title. Still hoping we get that song someday.

• 3 weeks later...

The stagelight section is missing the 2014 update songs

Animals (released LPUXV)

Ape

Aub

Brazil

Canyon

Empire

Glisten

Human (released with LP: Recharge soundtrack)

Lorax

Plague

Quazar

Quick

Spiral

Spot

Sushi

Threat

Young

Edited by linkinepi

• 1 month later...