Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And another thing. It's been said a few times in places that the Breaking the Habit drum track got that chirp glitch and wasn't noticed until after the album was mixed. But we can hear on the 2002 demo that the glitch was there even back then. So are we sure it wasn't intentional?

Just gonna bring this back up since no one answered.

Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

It's the first time that I hear about this at all. Can you describe the "glitch" more exactly? Who said it's unintentional?

On the drum track for BTH, there's a chirp /beep sound around the third beat of almost every measure. I've read in a few places, the most recent in a post by Astat, that tge glitch wasn't noticed until after mixing but miraculously was in time. But it's in the 2002 demo too.

On the drum track for BTH, there's a chirp /beep sound around the third beat of almost every measure. I've read in a few places, the most recent in a post by Astat, that tge glitch wasn't noticed until after mixing but miraculously was in time. But it's in the 2002 demo too.

It's been well over 10 years at this point, but what I remember reading was about a "feedback loop" mistakenly ending up in the beat somehow and they ended up keeping it. I always assumed that chirping noise was what it was referring to, as I don't really hear anything else that sounds fitting. It might be something else I'm not hearing, or maybe the "mistake" happened when Mike did the original demo?

I don't think it's the chirp, how could this go unnoticed when it's in all the demo versions? in the album version in the 1st verse it's very dominant, for the rest of the songs it's a lot more quiet, that's clearly intentional to me.

In Drawing it's even adjusted to the break down part before the end.

I don't think it's the chirp, how could this go unnoticed when it's in all the demo versions? in the album version in the 1st verse it's very dominant, for the rest of the songs it's a lot more quiet, that's clearly intentional to me.

In Drawing it's even adjusted to the break down part before the end.

That's what I'm thinking. How could it go through all those incarnations without anyone noticing such a thing?

What I meant was that the "chirp" may have been a mistake that happened when Mike was initially recording the demo, which he noticed right away and liked, so it ended up being kept for all subsequent revisions of the song.

What I meant was that the "chirp" may have been a mistake that happened when Mike was initially recording the demo, which he noticed right away and liked, so it ended up being kept for all subsequent revisions of the song.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Well, that closes this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YcLW-3kEGk

in the video, mike mentions that phoenix is playing a song from '97, he says. then chester says he remembers singing on the song and it was one of the demos that they have finished . but my question is this . on wikipedia or someplace, i read that chester had joined the band in 1999 . obviously i know that they had a different singer named mark, but how can chester remember the song and supposedly had sang to it if he didnt join the band until 2 years later ?

in the video, mike mentions that phoenix is playing a song from '97, he says. then chester says he remembers singing on the song and it was one of the demos that they have finished . but my question is this . on wikipedia or someplace, i read that chester had joined the band in 1999 . obviously i know that they had a different singer named mark, but how can chester remember the song and supposedly had sang to it if he didnt join the band until 2 years later ?

I think what they meant is that the first version of the song was created in 1997, but Chester also sang it at some point.

They sent a tape to Chester so he could record his vocals on songs originally sang by Mark.

The full content of the tape is unknown, but Chester once said it included an early version of Esaul.

The song could be from the tape or they could have rehearsed the song together (as they did with Slip and Esaul) or they could have played it live (like Pictureboard and Reading My Eyes).

They also kept working on Xero songs after Chester joined the band. Esaul became A Place For My Head, Rhinestone became Forgotten, Stick N Move became Runaway and the version of Slip on the LPU 11 CD is just one of many versions they recorded.

Edited by lpliveusername

Because they continued working on the song after Chester joined the band, just like Esaul, Rhinestone, Stick N Move, Slip, etc...?

*Edit* Thread didn't take me to the most recent post, didn't see the other replies.

Edited by Astat

So I've been able to identify/acquire most of these scratch samples from Linkin Park songs:

Papercut, One Step Closer, With You, Points of Authority, Runaway, By Myself, A Place for my Head, Forgotten, Cure for the Itch, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Breaking the Habit, Nobody's Listening, Session, What I've Done, Wretches and Kings, The Catalyst, and Lost in the Echo.

That's a good majority of them, but it's missing Crawling (which I know is some sort of strings sample), Lying from You, Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, Figure.09, From the Inside, Numb, Valentine's Day, and In Pieces. There's a good 95% chance no one is even going to pay attention to this post, but has anyone been able to identify these samples or get isolated versions of them? With some manipulation I've isolated a low-quality version of the Numb scratch, but it's pretty bad sounding.

So I've been able to identify/acquire most of these scratch samples from Linkin Park songs:

Papercut, One Step Closer, With You, Points of Authority, Runaway, By Myself, A Place for my Head, Forgotten, Cure for the Itch, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Breaking the Habit, Nobody's Listening, Session, What I've Done, Wretches and Kings, The Catalyst, and Lost in the Echo.

That's a good majority of them, but it's missing Crawling (which I know is some sort of strings sample), Lying from You, Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, Figure.09, From the Inside, Numb, Valentine's Day, and In Pieces. There's a good 95% chance no one is even going to pay attention to this post, but has anyone been able to identify these samples or get isolated versions of them? With some manipulation I've isolated a low-quality version of the Numb scratch, but it's pretty bad sounding.

I would love to listen to all of that shit.

I would love to listen to all of that shit.

I'm trying to make a compilation, I can link when I'm done.

EDIT: Fun fact that I figured out a while back while comparing different parts of Wretches and Kings: the scratch sample is actually the sound of the crowds at the very beginning of Mario Savio's speech.

Edited by Captain-EO

Is there really an advance version of "Back On My BS" with "We Made It" as track 1?

I don't think so. I was just looking at my PR 2008 tour pamphlet thing and it said to watch out for Busta Rhyme's new album ''Blessed'' coming in fall 2008. Obviously he changed the name of the album and released it in 2009 but I think maybe some kind of legal issue happened or something and he wasn't able to release We Made It on the album like he originally planned to do in 2008. It's kind of weird how he dropped off the tour after like 5 shows or something and then We Made It was never promoted again or anything.

I don't think so. I was just looking at my PR 2008 tour pamphlet thing and it said to watch out for Busta Rhyme's new album ''Blessed'' coming in fall 2008. Obviously he changed the name of the album and released it in 2009 but I think maybe some kind of legal issue happened or something and he wasn't able to release We Made It on the album like he originally planned to do in 2008. It's kind of weird how he dropped off the tour after like 5 shows or something and then We Made It was never promoted again or anything.

Busta got kicked off of Interscope in the middle of Projekt Revolution in 2008 because he got into a big argument with Jimmy Iovine. They pulled all his tour funding, so he had to go home. They also retained the rights to We Made It since it had already been released as a promo single on their label, so he couldn't release it on the album once he signed with Universal/Flipmode (the same went for the other promo single he released, Don't Touch Me).

And yeah, he changed that album title a ton. It was Before Hell Freezes Over, then it was Back on My Bullshit (or B.O.M.B.), then it was Blessed, then he left Interscope and it reverted back to the second title, but as "Back on My B.S." instead.

If there's some type of album advance with We Made It on it, it should be under the title "Blessed."

Edited by Astat