The Rosewood Fall - Discussion

Ashwhisker

Now I see why you didn't have those. They weren't in that big package that was released by a site a few years ago or whenever the hell it was. I have 2 Rosewood folders because the tracks overlap. One is my main folder (The Rosewood Fall) with Demonstrate, Stereo/Left, Stereo/Right and the random stuff I have by them, and the other folder (ROSEWOOD) is the full package that was posted.

"Below Your Window" - track 1 on Stereo/Right

"Come on and Rise" - track 2 on Stereo/Right

"Below Your Window (alt version) - aka "Below Your Window (New)" - track 12 on Stereo/Right

"Coming Home Soon" - track 13 on Stereo/Left

File format is .m4a and I guess it's .m4a because whoever sent me the CD (Energy from LPFuse most likely) ripped it that way. I have a track titled "Sixty Seven One" but it's just "God Bless". I guess that was the demo name; I believe it came from their MySpace ages ago.

So if your original post is right, that means the other site that released Rosewood stuff missed the 3 songs you posted and these 4 - a total of 7. Interesting.

About the unreleased track, give me a day, trying to figure something out. I forgot the title of it but when I got Stereo from Energy in 2007 he sent me a track he said he got from Jim directly that noone else had and that I couldn't upload it anywhere...I need to figure out what the title was/where the hell the mp3 is, lol.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Thanks!

Yeah, we think it might have been Jim's mistake. Do you have 25 Years you could put up for download? I was listening to it and I realized it's bad quality, I ripped it from purevolume.

And yeah, Sixty Seven One/ God Bless came from myspace.

That unreleased track sounds cool. Take your time!

Oh, do you mind if I put your links in the OP so people see them? I'll credit you of course.

Semi-Exclusive album art? I love how I posted the EXACT same album art in the topic where you were requesting it, then you claim to have found the exact same stuff the next day and now put the word exclusive with it...

How about I do you one better, and scan the demonstrate album art off of my copy of the album and show you what the album art for Stereo Left/Right actually looked like as well, cause I guarantee you that you have no idea what you're talking about... Much less have the actual "art" from the album.

The Stereo Left/Right album art you and I found in the internet archives was just the album art that was used on their website store for promotional purposes, the actual "art" that shipped with the CD was different...

I would've have said this all sooner, but with the LPA/Ash controversy going on, I just had to be sneaky.

Oh, and in addition, the information that you and LPA both claim is "exclusive" I've had for well over two years. All of the song info was shipped along with Stereo Left/Right.

Whatever, its this kind of B/S fighting for "exclusives" that keeps all the really good stuff hidden away forever I suppose....

Edited by Cyro

fine, damn, don't believe me. i'll take off the word exlusive if it makes you happy even though I found those myself.

If you want to scan your album to have your own little happy damn exclusive, go ahead and do it.

You might notice that neither of us claimed the info was exclusive. Check your facts before you go bitching on someone.

Edited by Ash

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone need any songs from this again? I was interested in the PDF and the album art. My discography is still a bit incomplete in terms of organization of this stuff. Check my last.fm though, I listen to Rosewood Fall a good bit lol http://www.last.fm/user/Hahninator/library...mp;sortBy=plays

I always thought that if I was in a band, Rosewood Fall would be a good example of the type of music I'd ideally like to make. Great overall vibe to their music - not very slow and not very heavy, a great mix of both.

Hahninator, do you think you'd be able to zip up whatever you're allowed to share (I'm pretty sure TRF said their whole discography is fair game, right?) and either post it here or send it to me? I lost most of my music a while back and this stuff has been eluding me for a while.

I can upload it all, sure. Like I said I wish I knew how to get it organized completely. I have Demonstrate, Stereo Left, Stereo Right and then from that LPA pack I have all those albums which include all of the 3 albums I listed but they are in different folders, etc. Let me see if I can Derek in here to tell us how he has his organized lol. Mine is really unorganized because with having the 3 albums in iTunes plus all the LPA stuff, it has duplicates. I will upload though if I can get it organized, or if not I'll upload anyway lol

EDIT: I'll just upload it all now. This is everything I have from them. Like I said, some duplicates and all but I think it's every song they've ever put out. http://lplive.net/personal/mark/

Thanks a lot, man. Do you have any idea about the release dates and order for the albums and demos? If so, I can help organize it because my winter break just started and I have a fuckton of time on my hands.

I have no idea :( I asked Derek to come take a look, we'll see what he says.

The Complete Rosewood Fall: The Re-Up (Archive featuring individual downloads, 335 MB)

(Tracklist here.)

This Machine Sings Grace, the new EP from The Rosewood Fall's S. Benjamin.

-----------------------------

The Re-Up is a re-upload of V. 1.4, now at its new home in my Dropbox account, so that the link will never die.

V. 1.4:

Previously missing songs Hush, A Beginning to an Ending (Plugged), Hiding Too Long, and Black Market Love added. These four were apparently previously available in the original LPA archive, but were missed when this archive was put together in December. None of them have cover art. Thanks to Hahninator for bringing them to my attention, and to Skipees for providing downloads.

Previous changelogs:

V. 1.3:

Audio rip of the Velvet Jones show added. Keep in mind that I didn't go in and check the ID3 tags before adding this to the archive. Cover art discovered and added for Gage Park (replacing the Stereo: Right cover art) and Out Out. Thanks to bullettrain for the find.

V. 1.2:

Sampler EP added to the mix.

V. 1.1:

Basically everything Energy threw at me on page 3 was included in the zip, excluding the two tracks that he couldn't check to see if they were already in the zip (entirely my fault). "Out Out" is tacked onto the end of Stereo Left/Right for the sake of organization - it throws off the symmetry of the tracks in iTunes 11, so feel free to move it somewhere else once you download it.

One quick note: The track names on the Left notes are wrong in the sense that we go by the track listing on the included scan of the sleeve, and those are considered the proper track titles. Presumably the notes were printed up before the track titles were changed, or were based on different versions of the tracks included. I don't know. Whatever, no big deal.

As before, I checked every single track when first compiling this, so any issues with the zip fall entirely on my shoulders. If you find something weird about anything in it, post here or message me and I'll fix and re-upload. This zip (and this topic, I guess) has become my baby, more or less, the most I can contribute to the community, so I take full responsibility for this zip and everything in it that may or may not be completely fucked up.

January EP, Machine Shop Demos, November Demos, Unsorted Demos, and the Velvet Jones show still do not have album art because they weren't official releases. Sorry about that. Nothing I can do because I don't believe in making fake album art for things like that. You can if you want to.

---

Demonstrate and Stereo Left/Right were the two primary reference points for the duplicates - being professionally mixed and mastered and all that. Several of the dupes - presumably the copies of certain songs we initially had - were shitty mono mixes of the professionally mixed Stereo versions. TRF did a good job of compiling almost everything they had into Stereo Left/Right - most of the September and November demos resurfaced on that double album.

If I were to list them in order, I would do it like this:

- Machine Shop Demos [would probably come before everything else, because it has rough versions of tracks from Demonstrate]
- Demonstrate
- September Demos [it's just one song that was later released on Stereo Left/Right]
- November Demos
- January EP
- The Red Disaster [? It came before Stereo in any case]
- Stereo Left/Right

Thanks to Hahninator for re-uploading all of these songs, thanks to Energy for significantly improving the quality of the album art for Demonstrate and Stereo Left/Right (and for his invaluable insight) and providing the notes for both sides of Stereo, thanks to Skipees for their work in significantly enhancing the scope of the collection, and thanks to LPA for posting much of it for everyone back in 2009.

And, of course, thanks to The Rosewood Fall themselves for making this kick-ass music in the early 2000s.

Edited by gorast

• 5 weeks later...

Just saw this thanks, this is great. I will redownload ASAP.

Now to get some artwork. I have a Bridges Under Water mp3 file with the Demonstrate art but don't know how to extract it from the file lol

i've made "The Rosewood Fall - Left" and found "The Rosewood Fall - Demonstrate", somebody got another? (if exist).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Skipees

I am going to contact Energy from LPFuse and ask him about what he knows about the artwork, and also some unreleased songs that haven't been posted by TRF.

Also, the download link above doesn't work!

working well check again HERE.

and you got the titles of the unreleased songs?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Mark pointed me over to this thread. You'll have to give me a while to find things, busy week with a funeral over the weekend. If I go quiet pm me, I have a lot on.

Most the stuff that I have is mentioned in the post that mark links to. Tell me what you want and I'll try to provide. I have found right since then.

Remember that Stereo (left & right) were never mastered or anything like that. It was a way of the band getting out the music they made after they realised that the band was going to have to stop. I do know the reason as to why but it's not my place to discuss.

I do not have the tracks NYC Blackout Radio Edit & Little One / Little One Big Gun - I think two band members have promised NYC Blackout edit, and both were never able to provide.

Also an old friend had quite a few demos from the band that included samples of a train being a transitioning tracks at one point. I got played it down a phone years ago!

I have a few rarities from the band, like a demo CD they sent to me while I was out in ethiopia that had 3 (at the time) unreleased tracks plus a cover of demonstrate all signed by the band. Happy to provide scans etc.

Stereo wasn't mastered? Huh. Sounds damn good regardless.

Scans would be awesome. If you have the cover(s) for Stereo, that'd be even better. Take your time - no one's in any hurry to have more Rosewood Fall stuff.

Some of the tracks are mastered. But not as one cd, some tracks are incomplete (literally the band lost half the track!) others are rough lives, and most from lossy sources. The artwork for 'right' is literally iTunes track listing. Lots of people who paid for right didn't get it as time was so short and the band was having to move on. I dont personally know anyone else who has an original right. The explanation of what each track was for right was a online HTML file called 'ericsmom.htm' that I have backed up.

Left had a logo design and the explanations printed out in a nice font. Both CDs are just cd-rs. Can do scans of all, including my signed copy if I can find it.

That would be useful to have, since I guess that's the closest thing to "official" cover art we'll have for the album.

Do you happen to know what The Red Disaster was? There were two tracks from it (tracks 2 and 11 apparently) included in the original dump, both of which were included in the Stereo compilation.

• 3 weeks later...

So finally had chance to do some scans (also found my demo CD from the band) and also 3 unreleased tracks that I believe are missing from the current online releases:

TRACKS TO DOWNLOAD

Very Early Band Demo

Out Out - This track is from the same time as Gage Park. It appeared on their original band website, prior to the MSR connection. Gage Park got put on Right, this track on the other hand was ignored, overlooked or something. It's not great but it's the beginning of the band.

Missing Right Tracks

17 - Coming Up Drum & Bass - Yes this track really is this short. Look to the description later down in the right section to explain why.

18 - Driving Salinas (First Ever Practice) - Live recording of the first time the band played as a 5 piece. Nice to have.

SCANS TO DOWNLOAD

Left

Cover - JPG

Tracklisting document Page 1 - JPG

Tracklisting document Page 2 - JPG

Right

Cover - JPG

Note - JPG

Eric's Mom Tracklisting document - HTML

Demonstrate

Cover - JPG

Cover (inside) - JPG

Cover (signed) - JPG - This is the cover to the demo CD the band gave me when I ordered a EP while in Ethiopia. It has 3 tracks 16:9, Break Out & Last Dance - all sound the same as the ones on Left & Right.

Back (inside) - JPG

Back (outer) - JPG

Fan Made Promo CD

Promo CD - A friend who was considered one of the biggest fans of the band made these and gave them out. She ran the .co.uk fansite and she was entitled to many of the bands demo CDs including the one that I vaugly remember that used a train passing in a transition. Also she has the radio edit of NYC Blackout. She's not in the UK (she seems to be off traveling most the time!) but when she's about I'll FB her these thread and see if she can help! The tracklisting off this demo CD is the Bitter Pill (demo version), Driving Silanas (same as on Left), Again (demo version) - these were off the official website.

Weirdly I indirectly lead to the release of the Bitter Pill (demo), it was something like the band had put up 2 tracks and then announced it would put up the third but at the last minute pulled it for the idea of the Rosewood Fall EP (which would have the track listing Again, Driving Silanas, Bitter Pill, Last Dance). However the band had already uploaded the track in prep to release it, I guessed the URL. I told the band how awesome the track was and that they should probably changed the URL.

shortly after they added a new news post saying that they were going to scrap the EP and work towards a new one called Demonstrate, while releasing Bitter Pill (demo) to keep the fans happy.

:)

Edited by Energy

Wow, Energy, all of that is awesome, especially the background information regarding some of the tracks.

Coming Up Drum & Bass and Driving Salinas are actually already in the tracklisting for Right as provided in the zip, but thank you anyway. I'll throw Out Out in there.

Thank you so much for helping. I'll update the zip with the cover art scans as well (never saw the cover for Right before).

Wow, Energy, all of that is awesome, especially the background information regarding some of the tracks.

Coming Up Drum & Bass and Driving Salinas are actually already in the tracklisting for Right as provided in the zip, but thank you anyway. I'll throw Out Out in there.

Thank you so much for helping. I'll update the zip with the cover art scans as well (never saw the cover for Right before).

No worries :)

Your zip link wasn't working for me, so I couldn't check. Just knew they were not in the LPA release:

<h3></h3>

Download not available

Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

Does your zip have the demos of Bitter Pill & Again in?