Mike Shinoda Soundcheck Sessions: Live In Moscow out Nov 15

RogueSoul

The Post Traumatic Tour has been rolling through the United States over the last few weeks, but before that Mike had traveled throughout Europe and Asia to start the tour. Mike stopped in Moscow, Russia during this time, and some tracks from that show are being officially released! Mike's very first official live release, Mike Shinoda Soundcheck Sessions: Live In Moscow is out everywhere on November 15, 2018.

View the trailer.

3000x3000.jpg

• Make It Up As I Go (Live In Moscow)
  • Crossing A Line (Live In Moscow)
  • Roads Untraveled (Live In Moscow)
  • In The End (Live In Moscow)
  • Numb (Live In Moscow)

The Live EP also comes with live videos of Mike performing the songs. This is the first official release since Post Traumatic dropped in June - and it seems to be part of a series (given the Soundcheck Sessions tag). Hopefully we see more of these little releases in the coming months.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything in the Linkin Park world, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.

Knowing Apple always released EP's with LP, not surprised here, but still, I would've wished for a bigger list. Hopefully next year we will have Acapellas/Instrumentals from PT and a proper full live album aswell.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

I've had enough ITE/Numb releases in my life as a fan since 2001 im sick of those songs but i get it they are trying to attract casual fans... In a 10 songs live album I wouldn't mind but there are tons of great PT songs that deserve a release.

I can't complain abouy RU cause i fucking love it but it's kinda weird that this ep has 3 LP songs.

Sadly Mike will live with Chester's ghost his whole life.

I've had enough ITE/Numb releases in my life as a fan since 2001 im sick of those songs but i get it they are trying to attract casual fans... In a 10 songs live album I wouldn't mind but there are tons of great PT songs that deserve a release.

I can't complain abouy RU cause i fucking love it but it's kinda weird that this ep has 3 LP songs.

Sadly Mike will live with Chester's ghost his whole life.

Well, In The End from Mike's shows is much different then LP's In The End. But I see what you mean. They are Linkin Park's biggest songs though. I also agree I would love to have a full live album from Mike or more songs. Post Traumatic songs are good live. I like em.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing he will live with Chester's ghost. I mean, they were brothers (not literally but you know what I mean).And he loved Chester ahd has no problem honoring him. Chester helped Linkin Park take it to the next level and become huge so.. All members of Linkin Park are aware that Chester was massive. They aren't trying to forget him, but instead, carry on with his legacy in mind

When was the last Linkin Park or a related project released a full show? Serious question. Was it the Apple Store show from 2008?

Wasn't Madrid 2010 full show? Maybe it wasn't. If not, then yeah, I guess Apple Store 2008. Live In Texas's DVD is also the only other ''full show'' release I think, and even then, it's mashed up of 2 shows, so it's not really a complete source for a specific show. So if Madrid isn't, then Apple Store 2008 is the only full show they have ever put out. Lol.

Edited by GarretLP

Wasn't Madrid 2010 full show? Maybe it wasn't. If not, then yeah, I guess Apple Store 2008. Live In Texas's DVD is also the only other ''full show'' release I think, and even then, it's mashed up of 2 shows, so it's not really a complete source for a specific show. So if Madrid isn't, then Apple Store 2008 is the only full show they have ever put out. Lol.

Road to Revolution too. Edited by Justin

Road to Revolution too.

Technically The Hunting Party CD/DVD special edition or whatever it was called it, it included the MTV Monterrey show from 2012, which it was useless (I think this or LT included the Berlin 2012 show aswell, Rock in Rio 2012 too). If only included an actual live video perfomance from Download 2014, but I guess they were too lazy to film a proper live show not directly ripped from a broadcast like RTR or Live in Texas.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Road to Revolution too.

Yeah I guess but they still took Papercut, POA and SIB off of the main tracklisting, even on the DVD, which was weird, and put them on an alternate menu. The CD makes sense for time constraints but the DVD wasn't like Live In Texas where it was different then the CD. But yeah I guess that's a full show.

Berlin 2012 for LT+ and Monterrey for THP+ weren't full shows released. Berlin had a few songs cut that weren't added to a different section of the DVD and Monterrey was only like half the show, maybe less. Download 2014 was only the HT songs, not the full set at all. So Madrid (if it's the full show idk) and Apple Store are the last full sources and the only that the band has ever done. Which is why, everyone should just download audience recordings and webcasts. :]

The worst thing about Monterrey 2012 was that it didn't even include all the songs released to the public. It's missing LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent from the MTVLA broadcast and Given Up and In My Remains from MTVLA's website. They should have used their version instead of the MTV Live HD one.

Madrid 2010 is missing Wisdom, Justice, And Love, which was present in the broadcast. They had a good reason not to include it, but still, it's an incomplete show.

Road To Revolution was butchered. Wake, Somewhere I Belong, Papercut and Points Of Authority weren't included in the CD. Okay, they didn't fit into one disc, but why the fuck did they remove them from the main film in the DVD? Makes no sense. Then you have bonus songs that don't fit with the rest of the show if you play everything in the right order. It's like the Live In Texas CD where they removed 5 tracks even though there was plenty of room for them, and released those tracks to the LPU with different editing.

Even Live 8, which was already a short show, had songs removed for the release. Maybe they couldn't include In The End and Numb/Encore because they were already in the Live 8 DVD, but where's Crawling?

I guess the only releases that included full shows were Fort Minor's Sessions@AOL (if you don't count the It's Goin' Down and Where'd You Go rehearsals) and iTunes Live From SoHo.

I don't understand why they remove songs. Hardcore fans want all of the tracks, lol.

That Monterrey 2012 show, wow. What a wild crowd, one of the best arena crowds they have ever played to in their career. Band is on absolute fire there. I watch that on YouTube sometimes and they are in their PRIME right there.

There's any way to watch and listen to the EP without,having apple music?

There's something called YouTube that people use to upload pretty much everything when it comes out/leaks. I use iTunes but I will give a listen first to see if I dig the mixing, which I guess it's the same people from LP's shows.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

There's something called YouTube that people use to upload pretty much everything when it comes out/leaks. I use iTunes but I will give a listen first to see if I dig the mixing, which I guess it's the same people from LP's shows.

From the previews it actually sounds great. I hate a lot of LP's officially released live stuff because a lot of the mixing sucks IMO. Some is good but some is just bad. However, this new little EP from Mike sounds legit.

• 3 months later...