Mike Teasers - New Song Thursday 3/29

hahninator

You might have noticed Mike posting images on Instagram of a line.

line.jpg

While we doubt this is a deluxe fan edition of "A Line in the Sand" or a remix competition for "Across the Line" (ha), we do think he is gearing up for something.

This could be hinting at a song release coming very shortly, as he also teased the Post Traumatic EP right before its release. He recently revealed that he is working on a solo album - could this be the first single?

We should find out this week - stay tuned.

3/27 EDIT: Mike has posted a brand new teaser, saying a song is coming on Thursday, March 29th.

This is great news! Not gonna lie, when I saw that Mike said it would be a while before anyone else heard the song, I thought it would take way longer than this. Lol. Glad I was wrong!

Edited by Justin

Thursday should be good. I liked the Post Traumatic EP songs. When Mike said we wouldn't be hearing the song soon, I thought he meant a good while, like Summer time. I like how he just is taking it gradually and releasing stuff to us when he feels comfortable. No pressure that way really.

Check out my thread about Mike's solo shows (anyone who is interested in Mike playing live)

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13194&do=findComment&comment=284781

Not gonna lie, when I saw that Mike said it would be a while before anyone else heard the song, I thought it would take way longer than this. Lol. Glad I was wrong!

When Mike said we wouldn't be hearing the song soon, I thought he meant a good while, like Summer time.

Same. Trollnoda's back in full force :P Excited to hear it!

Not sure on the genre of this one, sounds really poppy. We will see. Post Traumatic EP is super dark, I love that. It can't all be hella dark though.

I guess that Mike is like LP - Cannot be defined by a genre. Maybe more hip-hop driven but he has shown us how different he can sound.

Not sure on the genre of this one, sounds really poppy. We will see. Post Traumatic EP is super dark, I love that. It can't all be hella dark though.

The reason that I hated OML at first was because it was super poppy. But not all of the songs were bad on the album after listening through it many times. I still hate songs like Heavy but that's mostly just for that Kiiara feature. Chester should have sang that song in it's entirety on the album, and I think that even more now that he passed away.

But yeah, super poppy sounding. In general, I hate the kind of music that sounds like that. I'll admit it. I'm not going to act like I like it just because it's Mike. I'll still support him. Post Traumatic was dark. Over Again and Watching As I Fall are great songs. Place To Start is a little poppy and short to me. But it's not a bad song. I kind of expected Mike to go a super pop route on his solo stuff because I know he was trying to make Linkin Park into that a few years ago and he primarily listens to pop like that. It's fine, it's his music, he can do whatever with it. I'm sure a lot of people will like it, especially the younger generations.