LP debuts Nobody Can Save Me and Sharp Edges

hahninator

The band just premiered Nobody Can Save Me, the seventh song off of the new album to be performed live, at tonight's show in Berlin! The song replaced Battle Symphony in the setlist.

To open the encore, the band has debuted Sharp Edges, featuring just Brad and Chester.

Eight songs from One More Light have now been performed.

So I just saw the setlist and I have a lot of complaunts.

It looks like they played One More Light TWICE, that is unacceptable.

Also if I remember right Mike said they wouldn't replace the old songs with songs from the new album. That determined to a lie. How could they drop Somewhere I Belong?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Heavy in the encore is a joke.

If they don't play SIB on the North American tour, I'm going to be so sad.

If they play the same song twice I'm going to lose it. That is NEVER acceptable, why waste space in the setlist?

7 songs from OML is a joke too. Just keep it at 6 and rotate OML songs.

Edited by Bliss

Also if I remember right Mike said they wouldn't replace the old songs with songs from the new album. That determined to a lie. How could they drop Somewhere I Belong?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If they play the same song twice I'm going to lose it. That is NEVER acceptable, why waste space in the setlist?

We don't have the full setlist yet. Save your complaints until the full set is posted.

Why would they drop SIB for the USA tour? There are two sets. We don't even know if it got dropped in the new set. Calm down.

OML was just partial acapella to start the show. Same damn thing as if they did a OML acapella intro or outro to OML itself.

The Requiem and The Catalyst have the exact same lyrics, both on the album and during the whole ATS tour live and that was never a problem. While I do think it's a lame choice to open with OML a capella, it doesn't bother me that much. Also, SIB was dropped many times before, I guess we didn't see it even once during the ATS era. I agree it's bad to drop Papercut for SE though.

Like Mark said, full setlist isn't out yet, so we don't know what to even complain about yet. And if you're going to complain, make knowledgable, constructive complaints instead of something foolish like this.

• Read the setlist notes. First OML was an acapella intro to the show, the second was a full performance. and it's such an emotional and powerful song, I'm sure no one will care that much about it being played twice anyway. I will say it's not the ideal opening to the show but you're blowing up about it in the wrong ways.
  • God forbid they drop older tracks to promote the album they're currently touring in support for. Shame on them, you're right. (This isn't 2007. They can do whatever the hell they want.) I have no recollection of Mike ever saying that, either. And in case you didn't notice, on top of all that, they didn't.
  • Yeah, the lead single of the new album they are touring in the encore is a silly move. Riiiiight. Chester absolutely nails this song live, but given your attitude you probably haven't paid much attention to that (also considering it's been this way since May?)
  • 'Somewhere I Belong' was dropped and replaced with 'Points Of Authority,' and also this is the second set. Hell, there'll probably be a third set with another older song in that slot for the North American Tour. It clearly wasn't dropped for any of the new songs; they dropped a new song to make room for another one, in fact. SIB has run its course, too... if its your favorite song, sure, its a bummer, but much like in 2014 they'll probably rotate the song. Calm yourself.
  • As said before: God forbid they play more tracks to promote the album they're currently touring in support for.

Honestly, what do you think this is?

A lot of comments have been posted lately that are just pure asinine, and we've been responding to them as you've probably noticed, too. Coming into conversations without any constructive criticisms that clearly show you have no idea what you're talking about is just silly. What happened?

We don't have the full setlist yet. Save your complaints until the full set is posted.

Why would they drop SIB for the USA tour? There are two sets. We don't even know if it got dropped in the new set. Calm down.

OML was just partial acapella to start the show. Same damn thing as if they did a OML acapella intro or outro to OML itself.

19113796_10155333656048267_6048541030974

The Requiem and The Catalyst have the exact same lyrics, both on the album and during the whole ATS tour live and that was never a problem. While I do think it's a lame choice to open with OML a capella, it doesn't bother me that much. Also, SIB was dropped many times before, I guess we didn't see it even once during the ATS era. I agree it's bad to drop Papercut for SE though.

The Requiem is a different song that The Catalyst

I think it's fair to assume they could drop SIB for the US tour based on the fact that they just dropped it here.

OML acapella is basically OML lite, play one or the other not both

Edit: Most of my complaints would go away if they actually played Papercut

1. Please try and pay attention. The One More Light intro is just that. An intro. It's an a cappella rendition as was mentioned above. It is the same idea as Breaking The Habit's a cappella outro. If you want to complain about a band playing a song twice, go yell at Paramore.

2. They didn't cut SIB for a new song? It was replaced by POA. Last I checked, POA came out in 2000. I wouldn't call that new, but that's just me.

3. I agree, but that isn't a new development, and most people should have been able to predict that they'd do that, seeing as NEARLY EVERY LEAD SINGLE THE BAND HAS EVER DONE HAS BEEN IN THE ENCORE AT SOME POINT

4. Why are you complaining about the North American tour right now? We're 3 shows into a 18 show European tour. There are two sets, with SIB being in one. Even IF LP kept the same sets from the Europe tour for North America, they probably won't, SIB would still be in there.

5. You're right, 7-8 songs from OML is a joke. There should be 10.

Edit: Most of my complaints would go away if they actually played Papercut
HOLY SHIT THEY ARE! WHAT THE FUCK? IT'S IN THE PICTURE THAT YOU POSTED

The Requiem is a different song that The Catalyst

That's why I specified that the lyrics are the same. Since OML was sang a capella and later played full, the only repeated things were melody and lyrics, same for TR and TC.

Edited by Kilmer

NCSM is just as awful as BS. The beginning of the set sucks, other than Catalyst, and Heavy in the encore is just dumb. Put a few softer songs together in the middle, and keep the rest of the set more uptempo. I'll be skipping this tour. I didn't buy the album, and I'm not gonna pay a bunch of money to listen to it live.

It is literally in the setlist of which you posted a picture of

And I thought that my eyes are fucked but I saw it correctly....this dude is crazy

Guys, the LPL setlist didn't have Papercut in the setlist. CHILL. I was assuming it was a last minute drop or something when I finally found the picture because LPL didn't have it in the setlist. Usually you guys are 100% on top of things.

1. Please try and pay attention. The One More Light intro is just that. An intro. It's an a cappella rendition as was mentioned above. It is the same idea as Breaking The Habit's a cappella outro. If you want to complain about a band playing a song twice, go yell at Paramore.

2. They didn't cut SIB for a new song? It was replaced by POA. Last I checked, POA came out in 2000. I wouldn't call that new, but that's just me.

3. I agree, but that isn't a new development, and most people should have been able to predict that they'd do that, seeing as NEARLY EVERY LEAD SINGLE THE BAND HAS EVER DONE HAS BEEN IN THE ENCORE AT SOME POINT

4. Why are you complaining about the North American tour right now? We're 3 shows into a 18 show European tour. There are two sets, with SIB being in one. Even IF LP kept the same sets from the Europe tour for North America, they probably won't, SIB would still be in there.

5. You're right, 7-8 songs from OML is a joke. There should be 10.

HOLY SHIT THEY ARE! WHAT THE FUCK? IT'S IN THE PICTURE THAT YOU POSTED

1. No, it's the same song split into two different parts of the setlist. If it's an intro to OML, play it right before OML. That simple.

2. This was on the assumption they only played 7 HT/M songs which is what LPL's setlist said.

3. That doesn't mean they should do it. The other lead singles actually fit in the encore, Heavy does not.

4. I'm not worried about North America tour overall, I'm worried about my specific show. I have yet to Somewhere I Belong and Breaking the Habit. If I don't see either, I'm going to be very sad. I know people complain about the lack of rotating setlists here but rotating setlists are trash when it affects you directly. I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers and didn't get to see Dani California (probably my favorite song by them) because it was one of few spots in the setlist they rotated songs. When I found out Portland got it the next night, I was a little irritated. And yes I realize a band doesn't have to do anything for me.

5. 10 songs from one album in a setlist? A whole album in the setlist? I don't need to watch another Bring Me the Horizon. Seen that twice, never again. When a band has a lot of material diversity is key. I could give a lot of examples of artists I have seen live only play 3-4 songs from the album they are promoting. They key thing in common? All these artists have a lot of albums. I think the Carnivores set did it right. They had a fantastic mix of all the albums and didn't overload on one album which helped make the show incredible.

To the all caps: read above. LPL didn't have Papercut in the setlist.

Edited by Bliss

Dude, I checked the LPL set before you even added the Papercut part, and it was there. And before you say otherwise, I can see the edit log, and the last edit was 20 minutes before the original post, let alone the edited part.

Dude, I promise Papercut was not there when I looked at it. Don't call me a liar.

Maybe it changed as I was posting in this thread.

I also checked the setlist on Setlist.fm and it didn't have Papercut when I looked at it. Note I looked at the setlist before I found the paper setlist. And yes, it's been over an hour since I looked at the setlist because I went to go eat and that took 45 minutes itself.

VNcQsRt.jpg

Edited by Bliss

Wow, SE sounds so good! :D I know many are mad that they are playing so many songs from OML, but I think it's great that they might actually for the first time in a long time play all the songs from the new album live.

This. Exactly.

People bitched for *years* about not enough LT and THP songs in the set. Whether you like OML or not it's great that they are playing so much of the album live. They said the same thing for all three albums (LT/THP/OML) that "oh they're all made to be played live" so I didn't believe the band this time. Glad to see them swapping in and out new songs, reminds me of the MTM tour.

Regardless if you like BID, etc at the start of the show you need to check the videos because the crowd is exploding on these parts of the show. People love it. The thing is, there is never a run of more than 2 songs without a big single. So that's why the casual fans are raving about the show reviews. The band looks energized and the crowds are all over these sets.

I think a third setlist with Sorry For Now and Halfway Right, and use the SIB/POA spot to play FTI (or any other "heavier" song that they like from the catalogue) is a good idea. Or they can make another set with a totally different structure (new opener, different encore, etc) like the MTM, ATS, and LT tours had.

Like this:

Fallout/Roads Untraveled (or whatever intro you want, Mike is so creative he can make a 1-2 min show intro by himself on a computer in 5 minutes flat lol, the Fallout/RU intro is awesome)
Talking To Myself
Burn It Down
The Catalyst
Wastelands
One Step Closer
Castle Of Glass
Good Goodbye
Lost In The Echo
Sorry For Now****
New Divide
Invisible
Waiting For The End
Breaking The Habit
One More Light
Crawling
Leave Out All The Rest
From The Inside**** (or anything. doesn't have to be APFMH. LFY, NMS, anything.)
What I've Done
In The End
Faint
--------------
Halfway Right****
Numb
Heavy
Papercut
Bleed It Out
Seems super easy and then they have 3 setlists.