New Song Coming To The Setlist!

RogueSoul

According to Mike, another new song is coming to the setlist!

Mike posted this photo on Instagram, with the caption: "Playing and singing a new one. This one is kinda challenging; I didn't play and sing the parts at the same time in the studio. Have to practice it over and over until muscle memory takes over ha"

18809325_647035615507761_305369459467275

The most likely song that this could be is 'Sorry For Now.' This means we'll be seeing a lot of singing duty from Mike on the setlists - 'Castle Of Glass,' 'Invisible,' and the intro to the new 'Leave Out All The Rest.'

This could alternatively be a new stripped-down song (because we know the disconnect between "new song" the band has hit us with after the 'War' and 'A Place For My Head' conundrum in 2015), but signs point to 'Sorry For Now.' What do you think? Additionally, will this mean we see a brand new set debut? Different, rotating sets might be making a comeback - we'll have to see. We'll have a real answer when the One More Light European Tour starts in one week at Download Paris.

Are you excited to see the song performed live? With 'Sorry For Now' in the mix, that leaves three songs left from the album to see a live debut: 'Nobody Can Save Me,' 'Halfway Right,' and 'Sharp Edges,' none of which seem too difficult to bring to a live setting. Hopefully the entire album is performed by the end of the cycle! For updates, follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

EDIT: We've been bamboozled. Mike has confirmed it's not 'Sorry For Now' he's rehearsing. Shinoda has thrown us for a curve once again.

DBWseltXYAEZTvA.jpg

EDIT: In a tweet this morning, Chester confirmed that he was playing Sharp Edges on guitar, meaning that is likely the song Mike was talking about! That leaves us with 'Nobody Can Save Me', 'Sorry For Now', and 'Halfway Right' waiting to make their way to stage.

DBWWL3DUwAANrmi.jpg

See the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

No roads left perhaps

We've analyzed the chords Mike was playing because we're goddamn insane, and we've deduced he's playing either Heavy, Sorry For Now, RU, or SOTD (assuming there's no chord change - NRL would have to be transposed up for the chords to make sense though)

Roads Untraveled is long overdue. Hope that's it. Would be very random, but great nonetheless.

Not totally random. It could have been foreshadowing by the band to include part of the song in the show intros.

Not totally random. It could have been foreshadowing by the band to include part of the song in the show intros.

True that. Maybe they planned on playing it all along, or the intro got them thinking about it again. Either way, I'm really hoping it's it.

Based on this photo of Brad playing an acoustic guitar with a capo, which doesn't correspond to anything in the live set from the last run, my best guess would be that they're at least rehearsing Sharp Edges.

I wouldn't necessarily think that's what Mike's playing in his photo, though. In "LP speak," "new song" = "any song from our latest album." He could easily be playing One More Light or something here.

I'd never expect them to refer to anything from a previous album as "new" though, regardless of whether it's ever been played before or not.

Edited by Astat

Based on this photo of Brad playing an acoustic guitar with a capo, which doesn't correspond to anything in the live set from the last run, my best guess would be that they're at least rehearsing Sharp Edges.

I wouldn't necessarily think that's what Mike's playing in his photo, though. In "LP speak," "new song" = "any song from our latest album." He could easily be playing One More Light or something here.

I'd never expect them to refer to anything from a previous album as "new" though, regardless of whether it's ever been played before or not.

I thought the capo'd acoustic would be him just messing around with Talking To Myself. Didn't think Sharp Edges would need a capo (I know it can be, but I figured they wouldn't go through with that). Chester was using an acoustic for Battle Symphony at rehearsals awhile ago and obviously he is using an electric guitar for that, but you know... just practicing.

That's the whole debate we're having about the "new" song, because we all know what happened in 2015 with War. I'm still almost inclined to believe it is SFN, though it could easily be a stripped down song or simply something from the last few records they haven't played yet (though RU is the only song that realistically would make sense in the context of OML). We'll see and find out. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike was talking about his experience rehearsing Heavy over the past few months (though I guess he was playing it and singing along in the first clips we heard of the song, so maybe not?). We just need to wait a week I guess.

Sometimes less is more :P

Less OML and more other songs ;)

That setlist needs more Living Things, THP or MTM songs^^

It needs I'll Be Gone

Hey remember that time when Chester said they'll play IBG in 2013

4 years later

lol

It s a song where Mike sings and it s new (never played), so it could be : RU, STB, AFN, MTG (?), SFN

Or literally anything that he sings backups/harmonies on...

And AFN and MTG have no keyboards.

I wonder if a song will be dropped for sharp edges or that it will be an additional slot. Can't wait for the shows and the setlists, maybe we will see some small changes.

Also, although I do think given up was a great song in the set, Chester's voice is a lot better throughout the set without it.