New Linkin Park album due in March/April

hahninator

Great job by our friends Road To Revolution BR for finding this interview by Phoenix with British magazine The Courier. You can watch the video here.

He says that they are still working on finishing the new Linkin Park album. They want to release the album between March and April, and release new music at the start of 2017. After that, they will plan a tour around the world... USA, UK, Europe, Asia, etc., as well as an "18-month trip to Mars."

Finally we have the start of a timeline!

I think there's a point you've misunderstood in the interview. Actually Dave didn't say they're going to tour for 18 months but after he joked about going to the Moon he said they'll take a 18 months trip to Mars

Edited by kattoda

Pretty awesome that we have a time frame now. Can't wait for the first single to drop so we can get a taste of this album.

EDIT: Just watched the actual video and Phoenix says that they hope to have new music out in early 2017 and be touring the U.S. and the world by March or April. So I'm guessing first single in maybe November or December latest. The first single always comes out 2 or 3 months before the album drops anyways.

Edited by Geki

That's awesome hope they have music and tour planned by then but not getting my hopes up just yet as had interviews b4 where band have give a date then fans get pissed cause it's delayed so I'll just wait for official announcement lol

Pretty awesome that we have a time frame now. Can't wait for the first single to drop so we can get a taste of this album.

EDIT: Just watched the actual video and Phoenix says that they hope to have new music out in early 2017 and be touring the U.S. and the world by March or April. So I'm guessing first single in maybe November or December latest. The first single always comes out 2 or 3 months before the album drops anyways.

Bad translation then from the Brazilian article.

April touring cycle would be good so they have more time for the world tour. They just had a year at home with family, maybe they'll play more shows this time around.

Bad translation then from the Brazilian article.

April touring cycle would be good so they have more time for the world tour. They just had a year at home with family, maybe they'll play more shows this time around.

Sorry guys, Post Road To Revolution BR updated!

Edited by juniorkenji2015

- When asked about the new album, Dave said they are still working on it. "Probably, we will release new music in early 2017, and then go on tour. So I think it will be sometime between March and April. But over time we plan a tour around the world: USA, UK, Europe, Asia, the Moon ... an 18-month journey to Mars. "

What i get from that is a single will be out between march april aka new music then album few months after that then eventually a world tour

- When asked about the new album, Dave said they are still working on it. "Probably, we will release new music in early 2017, and then go on tour. So I think it will be sometime between March and April. But over time we plan a tour around the world: USA, UK, Europe, Asia, the Moon ... an 18-month journey to Mars. "

What i get from that is a single will be out between march april aka new music then album few months after that then eventually a world tour

No way that the first single comes out in March or April. That would be an insanely long time to wait and that's not what Phoenix is saying anyways. The first single also comes out months before the album so even if the album comes out in March or April (I think it will be sooner), the single will be out by at least January. I personally think we will get the first single in maybe December and then album in maybe February I guess, with a promo tour in March and April. Then Euro festivals in May and June and probably a big U.S. tour in July and/or August.

No way that the first single comes out in March or April. That would be an insanely long time to wait and that's not what Phoenix is saying anyways. The first single also comes out months before the album so even if the album comes out in March or April (I think it will be sooner), the single will be out by at least January. I personally think we will get the first single in maybe December and then album in maybe February I guess, with a promo tour in March and April. Then Euro festivals in May and June and probably a big U.S. tour in July and/or August.

And I'm hoping the album n tour happens sooner. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up as band members have said this type of stuff b4 about a album n it got delayed then everyone was pissed lol

And I'm hoping the album n tour happens sooner. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up as band members have said this type of stuff b4 about a album n it got delayed then everyone was pissed lol

Yeah, you're right about that. It's happened many times in the past. It's just that they haven't released any music since July of 2014 so it's been a pretty long time, that's why I think they'll do the single sooner rather than later. December probably.

Yeah, you're right about that. It's happened many times in the past. It's just that they haven't released any music since July of 2014 so it's been a pretty long time, that's why I think they'll do the single sooner rather than later. December probably.

To please us as the fans for the long wait.

To please us as the fans for the long wait.

Well, the way the music world is nowadays, you have to keep releasing music to stay relevant, basically. Remember a few years ago when Chester said that? I think it's true. They've kind of been out of the game for a little bit now, so I think they're gonna drop a single that will probably appeal to the mainstream (unlike GATS) to promote the album.

Well, the way the music world is nowadays, you have to keep releasing music to stay relevant, basically. Remember a few years ago when Chester said that? I think it's true. They've kind of been out of the game for a little bit now, so I think they're gonna drop a single that will probably appeal to the mainstream (unlike GATS) to promote the album.

As much as I hate that to to say, LP is a band who should stay relevant in the mainstream world like Coldplay. You have bands like Disturbed or Avenged Sevenfold who stay in the world of metal and have a really safe fanbase and sometimes release their new records 3-4 years after their last one. With LP's stylistic change you need to please even mainstream fans... Maybe not full POP but something like Burn it Down, a song which is recogniseable by everybody.

Hope they play Download Festival next year and Phoenix kind of hinted it to me on Thursday when i met him

Wow, that's awesome. That would be great. Btw, your YouTube channel is awesome, if you are Qwerty95k on YouTube as well, which I would assume you are.

Might be speculating (but then again, welcome to LPLive.net), but I'm thinking since they've gone past their original plans for when the album would be released, maybe it will end up like THP where a new song was released almost every day in the days leading up to the album release