Chester guests at Rock to Recovery

hahninator

Last night at Hollywood's Fonda Theatre, Chester made a surprise appearance at the annual Rock to Recovery event.

The headlining act was Filter, featuring lots of guests.

Chester guested on Vasoline by STP and Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin.

Full setlist:

01. Baba O'Riley (The Who cover; w/ Franky Perez)
02. War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover; w/ Franky Perez)
03. Panama (Van Halen cover; w/ Franky Perez)
04. Wonderwall (Oasis cover; w/ Billy Morrison)
05. Rebell Yell (Billy Idol cover; w/ Billy Morrison)
06. Sober (Tool cover; w/ Franky Perez)
07. Enter Sandman (Metallica cover; w/ Franky Perez)
08. Pretty Vacant (Sex Pistols cover; w/ Mark McGrath)
09. Fly (Sugar Ray cover; w/ Mark McGrath)
10. You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover; w/ Fred Durst)
11. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine cover; w/ Fred Durst)
12. Vasoline (Stone Temple Pilots cover; w/ Chester Bennington)
13. Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin cover; w/ Chester Bennington)

Considering the weird promotions LP has been doing lately as well as these recent shows Chester has been popping up at, it kinda seems a bit off putting to me that he left STP because of "time constraints" when it actuality it seems like he's got a lot more free time on his hands than ever before. Don't get me wrong, the guy can do what he wants with his life, but it kinda comes off as a tad disrespectful.

Considering the weird promotions LP has been doing lately as well as these recent shows Chester has been popping up at, it kinda seems a bit off putting to me that he left STP because of "time constraints" when it actuality it seems like he's got a lot more free time on his hands than ever before. Don't get me wrong, the guy can do what he wants with his life, but it kinda comes off as a tad disrespectful.

I honestly believe that the reason he left STP was because they wanted him to record new music with them. If they just wanted to play shows and cover STP songs with Chester, he probably wouldn't have left, IMO. I always thought it was really weird that they wanted Chester to write actual new songs with them. He already had a band, Linkin Park, that he is the lead singer for and Linkin Park isn't slowing down any time soon. So it was weird to me that they asked him to not only tour with them, but also write actual new music with them. High Rise was horrible also, IMO, it just felt VERY forced, but that's besides the point. He already tried that before with DBS, to write songs for both bands and tour for both bands, in 2010 he even said he didn't want DBS to be a one time thing and that he hopes they can tour in the future and write new music, etc., but that obviously never happened. Like I said, if they just wanted him to play shows here and there and so some small tours every once in a great while, he probably wouldn't have left. But they wanted him in the studio, writing new music with them, as well as touring, etc. It also seems like Linkin Park is planning on coming back full force with this next album, I can already imagine just this huge epic album cycle, etc., so you have to think that his decision to leave was probably also influenced by the future, too. Not just Linkin Park either, he also had 6 kids and a wife, he probably wanted some more time to spend time with his family as well, and you can't blame him for that.

Also, these performances are really just one off type of performances here and there. He doesn't have to commit to anything, he can just rock out with his friends for a few songs here and there when he wants to. He always has done this, since like 2004 with the Orgy show that he guested at. He has done many live guests spots in 2005, 2006 and onwards. They've also all been in L.A., or most of them, and he really doesn't even have to '''travel'' like he did with STP across the country, etc.

All these shows are a bit concerning to me regarding his relationship with Linkin Park lately. I'm not necessarily saying that I believe something is going on but it's weird that he's playing all these shows here and there while the band is trying to finish the album...It just doesn't seem right.

https://twitter.com/hwood360/status/782869862032912384Video. And regards to chester playing these shows lol no there isn't anything up with him and lp. this is no different then when mike dose art stuff or goes home and draws, only diff is chester plays the odd show now n then rest of week he is in the studio. Ppl should stop reading into things to much and enjoy fact we get shows from chester like this Edited by HAARP

All these shows are a bit concerning to me regarding his relationship with Linkin Park lately. I'm not necessarily saying that I believe something is going on but it's weird that he's playing all these shows here and there while the band is trying to finish the album...It just doesn't seem right.

How so? He did literally the same exact thing during the recording of MTM. Look at how many damn guest spots he has from 2005 to 2007, even in the year 2007. He even had Bucket Of Weenies in that time. He did a bunch of Camp Freddy stuff in late 2008, 2009 and 2010, and also released Out Of Ashes and toured for Out Of Ashes while the band was making ATS. He released High Rise and toured with STP during the recording of THP and during THP cycle he was recording new music for STP and touring still. Literally the only time he wasn't doing much guesting was during the making of LT but that wasn't as long of a process as the other albums, either.

The band doesn't need Chester to be in the studio every single day. They never have, that's how they always have made albums. Mike and Brad lay down most of the work in the studio, actually, it's been said before. And I would say that Chester has actually been in the studio more for this album than past albums, at it least it seems like it, because we have had TONS of photos and videos of him in the studio with LP since last year, especially all those funny videos on SnapChat, etc.

Chester legit loves being on stage it seems. He likes performing with his friends and really all he is doing is just performing old rock songs that he loves with his friends for a good time, like he has done so many times in the past, whether it be with Camp Freddy, Bucket Of Weenies, Stone Temple Pilots and the countless guest performances he has done. I don't know why some people are freaking out when he has done this every single album cycle, even more on other album cycles. I guess it's just because we have had barely any news from LP in like a year and this is really the only info we have been getting lately is Chester's guest spots.

Yeah he has done this pretty much forever, even back in the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era. Really good to see him out jamming the rock covers. The Whole Lotta Love performances are just epic.

Yeah, he just loves to have fun on stage, I guess that's the best way I could describe it. He loves to just rock out. But it doesn't mean that he is leaving LP or anything like that, haha.

I honestly don't think Chester will be doing these shows if he felt it got in the way of LP, wasn't the reason he left STP in the first place because he could not commit to them 100%? Besides the guys in LP are always supportive of each other when it comes to side projects, shows, etc.

You guys realize that even Mike has a life outside of the studio and does a lot else too, right? He's probably the most active band member on social media so we always see what he's doing in his downtime. He and Joe go to art galleries or make art and he goes to concerts too, he just iany the one performing. And Mike is one of the main songwriters, so Chester enjoying himself outside of the studio is perfectly normal.

Plus, he enjoys singing rock songs and has said it strengthens his voice, so it's like some extra rehearsals for recording vocals.

Any pro-shot of Chester's performances? Or interview? Don't feel like looking through the hour and half long video.

You know you can hover your mouse on the thing to see parts where Chester is, like 1:03:27 for example, instead of watching the video from beginning to end lol. And no, it's not a pro shot.

You know you can hover your mouse on the thing to see parts where Chester is, like 1:03:27 for example, instead of watching the video from beginning to end lol. And no, it's not a pro shot.

Haha, you're right. :P Thanks for sharing, I might watch some of it when I'm bored. And I'm sure other people will be interested in this video.