• 2 months later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from www.mikeshinoda.com

FORT MINOR fans have asked me, "What's up with Styles Of Beyond? Aren't they signed to Machine Shop? When is their record coming out?" The answers are long and complex, but the short version is this:

S.O.B.'s record was supposed to come out years ago. Due to a variety of creative and non-creative decisions by S.O.B., Linkin Park, Machine Shop, and Warner Bros., we held back in order to work on the record and the release plans. After months of hard work by the group, we ended up finishing what we feel is a great record, entitled "Reseda Beach."

Warner Bros., however, wasn't as thrilled about the record as we were. They weren't committed to spending a healthy budget on it; they intended to limit the hours and funds spent on its release. We felt that limiting the attention put on the record would basically cut its legs out from beneath it, and it would never get a chance. There was a lot of disagreement between everyone about this topic, but it essentially became a stalemate.

With that said, we've come to a few decisions. Firstly, due to ongoing differences between Warner Bros. and Machine Shop's views on the creative and non-creative aspects of our albums, we will be putting Machine Shop Records on hiatus until another time. We're not angry with WB. We had always hoped that MSR could be an artist-driven label with special attention on the best creative ideas and good music; until we see eye to eye with our partner, we can't see how it could be a productive relationship. Machine Shop will still promote projects (like Linkin Park) with our marketing branch, but the artist development / record label part of the company are going to hibernate for a while. The market is too tough and the intentions and ideas of the two entities are too different for it to be a productive situation at this time.

Secondly, we worked out a number of other options for the Styles Of Beyond, and WB has generously agreed to let them explore options elsewhere. S.O.B. will likely be releasing the album independently. Look forward to more info about the record as it materializes, at http://www.myspace.com/stylesofbeyond. My bandmates and I believe in the group, and wish TAK, Skully, Cheapshot, and RYU all our best. You'll see more about S.O.B. here one this site as their project progresses.

And lastly, some great news: in the meantime, RYU of Styles Of Beyond has been working with some mutual friends (including Apathy and Scoop DeVille, among others) on a new project called The Get Busy Committee. They just finished a new song and video for a new song called "My Little Razor Blade." Here's the world-premiere of the video and song...enjoy!

Edited by SouthernGirlAM

Straight from MS.com

As some of you may have noticed, a new MUSIC section has appeared at the top of mikeshinoda.com. This section will be for some stuff I think you should listen to or have. With each track, there's a button to play it, a "more info" button, and a "download" button. Some tracks won't be downloadable, but the first one is. I was playing around with Ableton Live and made this mix. Feel free to check it out. As usual, if you like any of the original songs, please go buy them. Here's what's mashed up in the mix:

Pearl Jam - Jeremy Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M. Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends Fugazi - Cashout Method Man - Bring The Pain Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man One Day As A Lion - Wild International Boogie Down Productions - Illegal Business Above The Law - Murder Rap Nine Inch Nails -Ghosts 1, Track 7 Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. 2 The D.O.C. - Funky Enough LL Cool J - Boomin System Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me Cool Kids - That'll Work Radiohead - Reckoner Tribe Called Quest - Push It Along Nas - The World Is Yours (demo version accapella)

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/music

MS Mixtape 1

http://download.wbr.com/bandbuilder/mikesh...Mixtape_One.mp3

Source : http://www.nobodywalksinla2009.blogspot.com/

The opening reception will be held at THE MASTERS ART (Calle Johann Sebastian Bach 14 - upper barcelona near Diagonal)Gallery from the 23rd to the 25th of Janaury.

Opening the Friday the 23rd, from 6pm to 8 pm for press, and 8pm to 12pm for public.

From there the exhibition will transfer to ATTICUS GALLERY (Calle Lledo 10-center of the city) from the 26th to the 10th of February.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pg6BXwKzbP0/SW80...ont+for+web.jpg <- flyer

• 5 months later...

FORT MINOR

Posted by Marie14 (similar posts by TheParanoid, spraypaintNinkpens, others) - I always love the posts about whats goin on with LP...i'm really wondering if or when you'll make a new fort minor record...?

M: Thanks guys...I'm diverting all my Fort Minor energy into the next Linkin Park album. I wouldn't say that the next LP album is going to be full of rapping, but there will likely be more rapping than MTM. There will also hopefully be some really dope beats as well :) Lately, I've been addicted to my MPC.

• 3 weeks later...

From MikeShinoda.com...

"It took me a minute to post this stuff today because we had a band rehearsal (Turkey, here we come)...but WOW, what a great show at SURU last night. Awesome turnout, incredible artwork, and some time to chill with Joe Hahn, John Hensley, Jim Lee, Mark Dean Veca, Jeff McMillan, Stash, Futura, Alex Pardee, James Jean, Nathan Cabrera, and Dr. Romanelli, among others. Shouts out to SURU, John Hensley, and Riders For Health for hosting an amazing event."

SOURCE : Mike Shinoda

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mike, Joe and Rob

Posted Image

XD
Posted Image

Hosts: Joe Hahn & John Hensley

Posted Image

Mike Shinoda, Audrey Kawasaki & Jeff McMillan Helmets

Posted Image

Jim Lee with his painted helmet

Posted Image

Audrey Kawasaki Helmet Art

Posted Image

Jeff McMillan Helmet Art

Posted Image

Troy Lee Helmet

Posted Image

Alex Pardee and his painted helmet

Posted Image

Alex Pardee & Shia LaBeouf with Alex's helmet

SOURCE

What do u think?

I think Mike's helmet is cool, but there are some other ones which are Alot better....

EDIT: LP is going to turkey, will someone record the show?

Edited by Libyanhead

Don't be so impatient. It might be the fact it's all on MS.com.

Very cool art and all that, but for the fact we have enough LP/DBS news currently, it won't make it on the main site anyway.

lol just saw the note about turkey ^^. I think someone does, but I'm not sure.

" In the first single from Dead By Sunrise "My Suffering," Bennington sings about how his struggles helped him rise to international fame with Linkin Park, fueling the raw emotion behind his lyrics and vocals. "[it's] literally about [how] being an alcoholic and a drug addict has paid off for me in many ways," he said. "I have been able to tap into all the negative things that can happen to me throughout my life by numbing myself to the pain so to speak and kind of being able to vent it through my music." Dead By Sunrise, formed in 2006, also features guitarists Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh of 90s synth-rock act Orgy and electro-metal band Julien-K, drummer Elias Anda (also from Julien-K), bassist Brandon Belsky, and keyboardist Anthony Valcic. Out of Ashes was produced by Howard Benson (Mötorhead, My Chemical Romance) and has a tentative September release date."

Read the full article Here.

Thoughts?

Well if this is true which I doubt, then I was right about something most people weren't again!! After it was debuted live I made a prediction that this wud be a single, it was more of a joke than anything, but I did hope it wud be since it is my fav DBS song so far besides Walking In Circles and Let Down.

• 2 weeks later...

Video: 2009 Kerrang Awards

posted by Jas, 08/13/09 | share

Kerrang has a video clip of Chester accepting the Classic Songwriter award at the 2009 Kerrang Awards recently, download here.

Video: LP in UK, interview with Chester

Chester talks to Absolute Radio about Dead By Sunrise download here.

Video: LP in Okinawa, interview with Chester

Chester talks to AP about Linkin Park's concert in Okinawa, Japan, download here.

Video: Messages from Mike and Chester

Susteki has captured Mike's video message to the Japanese fans, download here, thanks Madlen. And Youku has another clip of Chester's message to Chinese fans which you can download here, don't forget Linkin Park will be playing in Shanghai and Macau on August 15 and 16 respectively.

Edited by vyonizr